“This place was the worst!”
Review of Avenue Motel

Avenue Motel
Avenue Motel
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Seattle, WA
“This place was the worst!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We booked the Avenue Motel as we decided to go to Leavenworth last minute and needed a place to stay. All hotels were fully booked as it was high season in Leavenworth and so we thought we could 'rough it' at a motel for one night. This place was not only gross inside and smelled bad, but the clientele was downright scary and the manager was horrible. We were travelling with two small kids and our au pair (19 yrs) and quickly after checking in asked for our money back. We did not feel safe there! The manager then proceeded to argue with me that it was because I wanted 2 beds in one room that I was checking out. What?? I told him that was incorrect, but he obviously didn't want to refund us the money. He was totally out of line. Don't stay here! The motel 6 just 20 feet down the street was $10 more per night but 10x better.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ktq180

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 18 July 2013

for the area and what is given, this hotel great value, it is clean and fridge and mw, cheapest with this degree of clean, especially in ind pak hotels, breakfast is bad, so 200 charactors minimum is this minimum or is this minimum, i bet i am at minimum now

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2013

where do I start? The room was drowned in air freshener - so much so I had to leave the door open but the awful cheap air freshener lingered - the next morning my eyes were itchy and swollen and I am sure it was due to excessive use of fragrances to mask something - what were they trying to mask? the 'continental breakfast' was a muffin and a coffee! The carpet hadn't been cleaned under the bed or round the edges for months. Bed and pillows were uncomfortable. Furniture was ancient and the handles on the drawer unit were filthy. There was a tiny fridge but it was noisy. the room had 2 absolutely awful plastic covered chairs in it there wasn't a table to sit at yet they provided a microwave. Don't stay there Interesting that in the 2 good reviews both use the phrases that the manager was "great to work with"

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Wenatchee hotels

East Wenatchee, Washington, United States
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stay here twice a week, rooms are always clean, Sean and his wife are great to work with, not alot of amenities, but comfortable beds, wireless internet, free coffee in the morning, pets are welcome, and a hot tub. In this economy every nickel counts, other hotels are twice the price. The Avenue Motel is clearly the best deal in town.

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle 27-40 are the quietest
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The service is horrible, you can't even understand the manger and just simply rude. The room is so old and pathetic and gross. I found bugs and dust everywhere. The value was okay but not worth it. Hands down worst stay ever.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jc1396
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Sean, the manager of Avenue Motel was fantastic to work with and I would highly recommend this lodging option. I am the housing coordinator for Integrated Healthcare and we had a guest traveling for a 13 week stay with her husband and a pet. Sean was prompt and helpful in all of our interactions and worked very diligently to resolve a billing issue in a timely and very professional manner.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Pune
Reviewed 31 December 2012

There were no pools or spas or gyms here but the twin queen size room (which had a normal TV not a fancy flat screen LED or LCD) was very clean and worth every penny. We got this for about 70 bucks and on weekdays I think the price is 60 bucks. After reading the reviews here I was skeptical but I had nothing to complaint about when I checked into my room. The heating worked perfectly, washroom was spotless and clean and so were the sheets and the comforters. The room was quite spacious as one can see in the pictures attached. I stayed in room no 34.

The breakfast served in the morning had a humble offering of orange juice and tea/coffee with muffins. But the blueberry muffin I took was huge and really delicious.

This motel does not have an eatery or a pool or a spa. But it is just off the Trolley stop so you can easily move around Wenatchee and even catch a bus to Leavenworth by walking down a block or two.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends