“Awesome service and inventive food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mission Street Bistro - CLOSED

Mission Street Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$16
Cuisines: French, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Mission Street Bistro offers unique comfort food in a cozy and friendly environment. We opened in 2001 and were one of the first modern creperies in the Northwest. That combined with several wine awards over the years have established us as a place not to miss!
Maple Valley, Washington
“Awesome service and inventive food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

Our waiter went out of his way to attempt to satisfy our very picky kids. Success was mixed, but our expectations were exceeded nonetheless. We came here mostly for the cheese fondue, which was okay but got mummy quickly. It was served with baguette pieces, apples, and potatoes. The potatoes weren't a big hit with us, but our waiter was quick to bring more baguette for us. My wife and I both enjoyed our crepes, although I thought the Bangkok had a tad too much peanut sauce, which tended to overwhelm the other delectable ingredients. I wish we would've had room for dessert, as we heard raves from the next table over the creme brulee. I also appreciated our waiter's wine recommendation from their unique wine list, which was a good pairing and something I would've never thought to try. I would've never expected such serious food in Wenatchee, but this well worth checking out if you're adventurous.

Tacoma
“Perfect combinations of complex flavors = simply DELICIOUS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

This was our third trip to Wenatchee in the last year, and I wish we'd found this place on our previous trips! So good, we had to go twice during this trip! We've enjoyed all the Trip Advisor suggestions on past trips, but this is by far is the BEST restaurant we've found in the area!

On our first visit for lunch I had the stuffed potato soup to start (soup du jour). It came with a lovely roll and was absolute perfection! The potatos were perfectly cooked and it was full of wonderful, fresh flavors.

Then my husband and I split a Chicken Chevre crepe, and our halves were served separately with our own salad choices. I chose the white balsamic mandarine salad with toasted almonds, and Dave had the raspberry vinaigrette with candied walnuts and blue cheese. Both salads were great!

The crepe itself was phenominal!! So many lovely flavors all mingled perfectly together with the most tender, flavorful chicken wrapped in super thin crepe with just the right amount of toasty-goodness on the outside. I could definitely have eaten one myself, but I enjoyed the variety of the soup, salad and crepe combination - left me feeling satisfied and full of energy.

Our kids split a French dip sandwich and chips. The roast beef was nice and tender, and the bread was really good! The chips were a little over-seasoned, but then, I'm not a big fan of potato chips.

We loved it so much that we had to go again the next day before heading back home. This time I had that day's soup: Mushroom bisque. So good!! Then we all shared the cheese fondue, which was everything a fondue should be. It came with some semi-dry bread slices, fresh apple, and small cooked fingerling and purple potato chunks. I wasn't sure I'd like the potatoes, but they were amazing!

Then my husband and I shared the Bangkok chicken crepe with slighly spicy peanut sauce and many other ingredients that were, again, perfectly combined. My poor husband missed out this time, since he couldn't taste anything that day with his cold. I felt so badly for him, because this was something you definitely wouldn't want to miss out on!! We chose the same salads since they were so good the first day, and my kids also had the French dip again.

It is pretty small - if you have a large party you'll definitely want to call ahead to see if they can accommodate you - but the service and the atmosphere are lovely!

This restaurant makes me want to visit Wenatchee much more often! I know this - we will not visit Wenatchee without stopping into Mission Street Bistro ever again!

You can find them on Facebook, too:

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank justloves2eatwell
Washington State
“AWESOME crepes, decent atmosphere at slow time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

We were actually here a couple years ago but I haven't forgotten it. Does that tell you anything? It was impossible to park nearby, nearly impossible to find, half underground and mostly empty inside. But it was worth the risk. I had something really plain, like chicken & spinach crepe. I ended up scooping most of the spinach off, and then it was PERFECT. Really delish. My husband had something more daring and we couldn't believe how fabulous it was. The one staff lady was behind the bar most of the time, seeming to be prepping the place for the evening rush, which must be the more popular time to go. But we were happy to have the place to ourselves. It was our last day in town and we really wished we had found it sooner. As an indicator, we went to Leavenworth the next day and found a german crepery and it was TERRIBLE in comparison. I'd take french crepes at Mission Street any day. Literally.

• Visited August 2010
Wenatchee, Washington
“Great food and nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

Ate here several times but would not call myself a regualar When I do visit they treat us like we are the owners favorite rich cousins. the food is fantastic and the staff are lovely.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank 4thHussar
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

This is one of my "go to" places in the Wenatchee area. I typically get a salad, fondue and a glass or two of wine. Staff is warm and inviting, the ambiance is terrific. Go there a couple of times and they know you (and greet you) by name. I've eaten there alone, on first dates and with a boyfriend and haven't had a bad experience. Can't say enough positives about it. The ONLY criticism I have is that the menu isn't available on line. When asked, they said they worried that people would steal their ideas. I can't think of a top-notch restaurant that doesn't have the menu available... a "vague" menu without the secret recipes would be much better than no menu online at all.

1 Thank 17345