“Best in Wenatchee”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Shakti’s, a refreshingly bold Wenatchee restaurant, continues to push the North Central Washington culinary envelope. A contemporary, relaxed ambiance like no other, unsurpassable fresh seafood, hand-cut meats, a perfectly matched boutique wine list, talented table service well above the norm and Chef Shakti Lanphere’s personal dedication to flavor and presentation have all sky-rocketed this savvy supper club to the top of the list for “destination restaurants”.Shakti’s is truly “as good as it gets” around here.
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We moved here from Seattle, where you can hit 4-5 good restaurants with a rock in most of the neighborhoods. We wanted to celebrate our anniversary with a night out, and there aren't many choices. With previous Trip Advisor reviews, we chose Shakti's. We've been here before and it was a great choice. Mid week, so we were provided good service, tho the server forgot a couple of details: offering to refill our water, and ask if we wanted an appetizer with our cocktails. We had the Carpaccio rare beef appetizer which was delicious. Served in a red cabbage leaf that made it very appealing. I had the prawns, which were gulf prawns and my husband had the blackened, grilled fresh salmon. Too full for dessert even though having a complimentary one offered would have been nice. The wine selection by the glass could be better as the wines are from only one label from California. There are so many good local wines to offer. The prices are very reasonable. We recommend this for a nice dinner.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Shakti’s is sophisticated, yet warm and welcoming. The food, wine, service and ambiance are at the level found in Seattle’s finer restaurants. Our table over-looked a snow-covered garden patio, illuminated by oriental lanterns. My wife formed her dinner around a huge flavorful beef fillet. My meal centered on a seafood pasta, rich with a fresh-tomato/Pinot Gris sauce. (Our server gave me a second bowl to hold all the shells from the clams, mussels and shrimp.) Everything was made fresh. The appetizers, bread, salads and desserts were all high quality and creativity. Shakti's is where we entertain out-of-state executives. We see the price for appetizers, dinner and wine as high for Wenatchee ($102 for two), but very appropriate for the quality of the meal and professional service.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was preparing for my next assignment as a FIS TD, over a week in Sun Valley. Dinners out alone. LOSER!
Walking Wenatchee Avenue I found two places nearby. A bistro...and Shakti's. I am so glad I wandered in, was guided to a small booth, skipped the prawn picatta and ordered the Saffron Clam Fettuccine. My goodness, saffron may be good for your bloodpressure, and a ton of other human functions but as prepared...fresh clams, basil, caperberries, and a rich broth. TASTY!

1  Thank snowmystr
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Wife, daughter and I went for a birthday dinner. Service was good. Food was generally quite good. Wife had steelhead (very well cooked), I had lamb chops ( perfectly cooked and very tender) and daughter had pasta with creamed meat sauce (outstanding). Bread was very good. Our only disappointment of the evening was buying the Caesar salad upgrade for $3. It was pitifully small with very little dressing. Barely filled a small salad plate. My wife's house salad that came with the meal was larger and better looking and tasting. The only other disappointment was that we mentioned that it was our daughters 16th birthday dinner but server never acknowledged the event or offer any dessert which most restaurants do. After a $120 dinner I would have expected something.

shaktis218, Owner at Shakti's, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Trinasdad:
Oh no! I am SO sorry we disappointed you....of course, we DO have a yummy complimentary Birthday Dessert and obviously your server made a terrible mistake by not presenting one to your daughter. I am SO sorry!!! Wondering if it might have been my newer server....can you please contact me directly and fill me in on the details of when you were at my restaurant? Shaktis218@Gmail.com is where you can find me personally, 24 hours a day, and I'm hoping you will allow me to make this up to you and your daughter.
Kindly,
Shakti Lanphere - Owner

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We enjoyed the service and the authentic wonderful, fresh food. It was easy to find and very clean. The menu was extensive and had many vegetarian entres to choose from which is great for me.

Been to Shakti's? Share your experiences!