“Delish”

Ranked #10 of 134 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: First opened in 1931, The Windmill has earned an international reputation for excellent Western American food and devoted staff. The rustic and cozy interior invites the visitor to a unique social and dining experience, attended by a highly professional service staff. Slow roasted prime rib, highest quality hand cut grain fed steaks and fresh seafood are the mainstay of this landmark restaurant. Old fashioned, home made apple pie, marionberry and cream pies are made daily at the restaurant. An excellent selection of regional wines and beers are available.
“Delish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

My husband is a dork who adores shrimp cocktail and tries to order it wherever we go. He got lucky here. Everything was delicious and the staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. The inside is a bit old-fashioned, but who cares when you can gorge yourself on excellent steaks? I ordered the pork, which wasn't as good as I was hoping, but that was a function of it being pork, not their cooking. My husband's steak was perfect, even if he thought it was rarer than he liked. I'd totally come here again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ACargol

Wenatchee, Washington
“Special Occasion, Special Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

New owner, new attitude, Great Steaks. I always said I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if the food warranted it. Recently went to dinner with two other couples and was very impressed with the food. We had rib steak, prime rib, lobster tail, 2 salmon, and mahi mahi. All said the fish was very good as was the rib, but the Prime Rib was outstanding. Desserts were excellent as well. Great Dinner now with a bar.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank HKN222
Seattle
“Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

The outside of the restaurant did not look like anything special but in the inside it was nice and cozy. There is beautiful woodwork on the walls and ceiling. The atmosphere was really nice. We had wonderful steak dinners. Two of us had their special Prime Rib Oscar with crab and Hollandaise sauce. It was excellent. The other had their regular prime rib dinner. All was delicious! The beers we had was refreshingly cold. The best was the wonderful service we had. This is the first place where the dropped napkin was picked up and replaced by a new one. I would definetly recommend this place!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank hungrytraveler973
Portland, Oregon
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

I happened upon this place on Valentines day. They are under new ownership (?) and were advertising cocktails. According to the sign out front.

They were absolutely SLAMMED so I took a seat at the bar. The staff, including the owner we fantastic. I ordered a series of cocktails (very solid) and the oyster appetizer (it was GREAT) and then had to decide on dinner. Problem was that everything I wanted to eat was listed and priced for two (duh-V-day!). My waitress agreed to serve me the steak and aides I requested. AWESOME! It was great!

I will be back, in Portland, OR this place could charge double and still be full every night.

2 Thank Cachims
East Wenatchee, Washington
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

While this nice little restaurant can be spendy, it has fabulous food. and wait staff is very friendly and at-tentative to your every need. Try the clams in sauce...incredible and makes you hungry for more. Local wines selections are outstanding for those who drink.

Visited November 2012