“Fantastic food @ a great price” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 134 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: South is a lively family friendly restaurant and bar with two locations, Wenatchee and Leavenworth Washington. We specialize in modern Latin food and drinks. Everything is fresh and homemade including our cocktail mixes. Our ambiance is a mix of antique and modern with bright colors in an eclectic design style. Each location has a dining room, bar and patio. Check out our website.
Wenatchee
“Fantastic food @ a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

My wife & I went to Pybus Market in Wenatchee Friday evening to have dinner & listen to live music. I hadn't eaten @ South before but decided to try it. Good variety of selections on the menu
and the prices were very reasonable. The service was 1st rate and my wife & I loved the food.
We'll go back and take friends with us. My shredded chicken burrito was great and so were my wife's tacos. Next time I'll have the sea food enchilada.

• Visited October 2013

“Lazy fall afternoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We headed to South inadvertently on a lovely fall day. We were enjoying the delightful weather and stopped to check out the Pybus Market. Situated at one end of the Market, South offers downstairs seating, upstairs seating with a view of the entire market, and outdoor seating to enjoy the glorious day. We ended up seated upstairs, enjoying our people watching view while enjoying a late lunch. There is a considerable number of choices - particularly different fillings for burritos and tacos. Our waiter was attentive and charming, offering suggestions and telling us about the restaurant, in general. Chips are not automatically placed on the table and must be ordered as an appetizer. I found it refreshing that they chose to provides higher quality, rather than encouraging over-eating with ordinary chips. There is a small self-serve salsa station with a pleasant array of choices for all spice tolerances. We both had taco plates - the pulled pork was pleasantly seasoned, if a tad tough. The carnitas filling was divine - flavorful and plenty of crispy bits. Each taco was two small soft corn tortillas and was embellished with rough-chopped cilantro. Pleasant and refreshing. The beer choices are few (apparently the specialty is the tequila selection). This is not the place to go if you want the standard, cheese-dripping and microwaved food that so many Mexican restaurants tout these days. We found it fresh and light. Together with a well-versed waiter and a sunny day, it made for an extremely lovely meal.

• Visited October 2013
Vashon, Washington
“Yucky food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We were looking forward to a great experience in a new and fun location. The outdoor seating was fantastic. The food was inedible. I ordered the Mission burrito and it was a glob of flavorless shredded chicken accompanied by an out of date cabbage slaw with poor flavor. My husband ordered a chicken enchilada that arrived with no chicken and no flavor. We would not return for these pates and would not recommend anyone else go there. So disappointing. We will go to local greasy spoons before returning there. I recommend the owners embark on some study of great Mexican cuisine, and a complete revision of the recipes.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JeanneMarieT
Washington State
“so disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Don’t waste your time or money here. An inexperienced staff serving bland food in a place that charges extra for absolutely everything. When the Pybus Market opened in Wenatchee, we happened along; South wasn’t open yet but the décor and the menu both looked fun so we were anxious to try it. What a disappointment. From the small things (I ordered the fajita sandwich without cheese; it arrived with cheese melted all over it) to the ridiculous (billed as a Latin food restaurant, they charged us $2.95 for a small container of SALSA!), it was a disaster. My husband ordered the South Burger, was charged $1 for cheese (not an unusual charge), but it normally comes with chips. To get fries they charged another $2.95. The serving of fries was ridiculously small as well as being undercooked. The burger was bland, and his Pepsi came in a 16-ounce container choked with ice, with no refills, for $2. Despite having a really great location and a nice layout, the food is simply not worth it. Interestingly, the owners were on site (we had met husband when we stopped earlier) but apparently only interact with people they already know. Though they both passed our table a couple of times, they didn’t make eye contact, let alone speak, to anyone but some friends that had apparently come in. It makes me wonder if they know their product isn’t good (especially for the price) and just don’t want to hear about it. Avoid South.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank bettibiz
Wenatchee, WA
“Latin Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I've been to the original South Restaurant in Leavenworth, Washington several times and have always received excellent food and service. Was curious to see what their addition of a restaurant at the Pybus Public Market in Wenatchee, Washington was going to bring. I found the same excellent food and service there. If you like Mexican food, South is actually more Peruvian style than Mexican to my taste. I had a "taco salad" that contained no meat but yet had excellent flavor and taste. Very well done. Note: I've been back twice since original visit and my opinion has not changed. The Mission burrito is awesome!

• Visited June 2013
Cappy B, Owner at South, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review. We appreciate it and look forward to taking excellent care of you in the future. We have some cool events up the sleeve which we will begin to promote this week via FB and email, so stay tuned. Take care, Cappy Bond, owner.