“Dirty is an understatement!!”
Review of Motel 6 Wenatchee

Motel 6 Wenatchee
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
GigHarbor
“Dirty is an understatement!!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

There was a line of cocaine on the back of the toilet, used bars of soap, dirt in bed, dirty!!! Pillow cases, locks removed from windows, bug bites on all three kids. I could write a book. Unconcerned staff. If its the only room available in town, drive to the next town, or find a dumpster. Stay clear of this place.

• Stayed October 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Wenatchee, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear eobf,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness, and unsatisfactory service issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are note consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We encourage your contact our guest relations department to report your experience so may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Custer WA
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Wenatchee has Motel 6's new style of room. It's very sparse ... it's a small room with a bed, a small night table, a small settee/table tucked into a corner, an uncomfortable chair, and a small shelf mounted to a wall. (Oh, and a small bathroom, of course.)

I like to take my shoes off after wearing them all day, but then my feet hurt after I walk around on the wooden floor here. It's hard!

In my room, the bathroom door opened out - right in front of the air conditioner, which was under-powered. Keep the bathroom door closed for max air in the rest of the room and the bathroom turns into a sauna. Wenatchee gets HOT! in the summertime, people! I had a peek at the room next door - bathroom door opens IN, so the room is cooler - but you just about have to step into the tub to get past the door to close it behind you. At least one room has the bathroom against the outside wall right next to the front door - Wenatchee can get COLD in the winter!

Room had a microwave oven sitting on top of a small fridge sitting on the floor - like an afterthought. Luckily the fridge was on - I'm 66 and there's no way I could get down on my hands and knees on that hard wooden floor to adjust the fridge. (Okay, I might have gotten down, but the maid would have almost certainly found me there in the morning.)

Inadequate storage. I try to travel light, and I rarely succeed. Yes, there is the space under the foot of the bed, but again, that involves getting down. A luggage rack would be an improvement. Most of my stuff wound up with the same status as the fridge - on the floor.

If someone at Motel 6 HQ reads this review, your newly renovated rooms SUCK. They aren't comfortable and they are not well designed. Room, bed, flatscreen tv stuck to wall. Oh, and let's just toss a fridge on the floor.

On the positive side, check in/out was quick, and the wifi was decent. And free. Food within walking distance, but so are better motels.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Wenatchee, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear oldretiredguy22 - Thanks for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts about our new room design. We apologize for the uncomfortable stay you had and will take your feedback into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.

Travellers are raving about these Wenatchee hotels

Fruita CO
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Needed an economical place and this fit the bill just fine. It was clean and the staff friendly. The room was recently painted, and while its decor was a bit spartan, it was serviceable...I was not expecting a resort/spa, simply a safe, quiet, clean place to sleep. It had plenty of hot water and towels, a big flat screen tv, wireless,etc. It was pleasant & quiet (which is more than I can say for some Motel 6s I've stayed in.) The morning coffee was not appealing to me (but I like it strong enough for a spoon to stand upright on its own, so don't put too much weight in my criticism.) I'd stay again...worked just fine if you need a serviceable, basic accommodation. Restaurants & fast food nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank edustin
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed a few nights here and the rooms are fantastic!! They were clean and completely new and remodeled and perfect! The staff is very friendly! The price is very fair and not overpriced! One of the best stays I've had! Very comfortable and next to some nice restaurants! Definitely stay here!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jc1396
Oliver, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Arrived in Wenatchee without a reservation and ended up staying at the Motel 6. I was too tired to look for an alternate place. The lobby and room were probably the most sterile I have seen in a long time. The bathroom had only been partly re-modeled and the tub was old. The room was clean, had a large flat screen TV but was way overpriced at just under $70 per night. I have not had much luck with Motel 6's and this just confirmed that it iw worthwhile to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Lots of other options in the immediate vicinity
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Hawaii
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I frequent Motel 6 but this place gives Motel 6 a bad name! Recently renovated...this is a tear down (see photos). Had to ask for shampoo. Front desk gentlemen needs some training in hospitality and interpersonal communication. Laundry room was closed due to broken washer. Would definitely stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Choose another property!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DaPheonix
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Please save your money! Spend an extra $10 and stay at Super 8 which is right down the road where the beds are clean, its SAFE, Cop cars are not constantly patrolling the area, and illegal activity is going on right next to you.

The man in the office was unhelpful, refused to give us our money back (we couldn't even been in the room more that 1/2 hr) and was very weird.

Room Tip: For only $10 more stay at Super 8!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family