“I shall return!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Wenatchee B&B and Inns
Healdsburg, California
“I shall return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Clean, comfortable, friendly and quiet. Angie's breakfast was a typical British fare that was delicious, healthy and plentiful. (She used Washington State sausage rather than that tasteless greasy stuff you get in Britain - so don't despair when you read "British Breakfast"). I felt like I would not need lunch because I was so well fed. (She even made crumpets! Now I know what crumpets are.)

The rooms are all done up so nicely that I had the feeling of being family. Angie and David put a lot of thought into making the rooms as comfortable as possible.

My only complaint is the coffee was not up to my standards. I am use to fresh ground beans made in a Chemex.

We ate dinners at McGinn's Pub which is a 5 minute drive from the Inn. The food was a 3.5 star - but who cares when there is all that great beer? Second night we ate steaks and I brought the half-bottle of wine back from McGinn's to enjoy on the large open air porch at the Inn. There are comfortable chairs - and I kicked off my shoes and rested my feet on the porch rail - sipping the wine, watching the hood and talking with my Sofie. Life does not get much better. Come to the Apple Country Inn and see for yourself... but you have to find your own Sofie.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Abbotsford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We very much enjoyed our 2 night stay in the Cameo room. The historical home has been renovated just enough to be comfortable while still retaining an "old time" feel. I wish we had had time to sit in the lounge and on the expansive porch.

The breakfasts were delicious with HOT tea and fresh peaches. Nice touches throughout.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fayetteville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Angie and David were the perfect hosts, I stayed in the Cameo room for four wonderful nights, and breakfast each morning was delicious; fresh fruit, juice, eggs, bacon,mushrooms, muffins, even peach cobbler!! And plenty of hot tea! I enjoyed my visit and look forward to returning, so welcoming and comfortable! A wonderful oasis for weary travelers, beautifully furnished, historic home. Charming!

Room Tip: The Cameo was bright and airy, the morning sun gently woke me each morning which was a great way to...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Pat C
Beavercreek, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I would like to say thank you to Angie and David Lawrence for a wonderful stay. My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Apple Country Inn. This was our first stay at a Bed & Breakfast and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. It was just like home. A nice comfortable bedroom with a private bathroom. A fabulous breakfast each morning. So many yummy things to choose from, home made preserves, potato cakes, omelets, fresh fruit, tea, coffee and juices. We were warmly greated each morning by Angie as she prepared our breakfast. I already miss her personally as well as her cooking. Words just can't express how much we enjoyed our stay. I encourage everyone who is looking for a warm atoshere to stay at Apple Country Inn it will be a wonderul experience. And so much better than any hotel.

Room Tip: Cameo room is on the street side but the noise from the road did not bother us.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Pleasant enough, nothing outstanding. Breakfast was adequate if you are not a "foodie", even the coffee was weak. The proprietor was friendly and British, thus the English breakfast. No hair dryer in the room!!!! This was a problem.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Amherst, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

My usual digs in Wenatchee were closed for a family emergency, giving me the opportunity to discover Apple Country B&B. My room was on the back of the house, but rooms on the front will likely also be nice and quiet. The innkeepers are British, so I guess I should not have been surprised by the wonderful "full English breakfast" I received my one morning there. Very nice people. My next visit to Wenatchee will be for a trade show. Apple Country is just close enough to the convention center for a nice walk to save me from the battle for parking they have down there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Kerry S
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

SUPERB, is how we would describe our recent stay @ The Apple Country Inn! We had the delightful opportunity to stay in the Carriage House, and we had the best sleep we've had in years. In fact David, our host, actually checked in on us as we had slept until 10:00, quite unusual for us early birds. Thanks once again for your generous hospitality, David and Angie!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends