“This place is so wonderful”

Glenacres Historic Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Westport B&B and Inns
“This place is so wonderful”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancé stayed in the Ross room and we loved it. We found inn online and it was fun looking on there website at all the cute rooms and picking the one we wanted to stay in. The price was out of this world $50!! You can not find a hotel anywhere for that price. We loved our stay here. The weather was not that nice so we ended up driving around and exploring the area. The owner was great. We will defiantly be back.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank Erikamarie624

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed one night in the upstairs suite of the outlying cottage. The owners were very helpful and accommodating. I really can't speak of the main house, since I just was in the entryway to register and checkout. The top floor king room of the outlying cottage was large, clean and inexpensive ($90 per night). It is not a destination resort, nor an inn that you would hang around during the day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveladdict032
Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I've been coming to the Glenacres Inn since it's new ownership in 2007. The changes this couple has done to this quaint and historic place are jaw dropping...I know since I saw the place it started out as...and what it is evolving into! I adore the main house rooms, and through the years room 6 (Sunrise Room - aptly named) has become my absolute favorite! It has a view of the harbor, and of course the sunrise! The beds in each room (I've stayed in them all) are very comfortable...I'd like to take one or two of them home. The hosts are knowledgeable of the area, and can direct you to the best beaches and restaurants. They've even added recently a little cafe where you can get a simple but healthy breakfast! The owners have a vision for their Inn, and it is slowing getting there. Do not come for the TV's, DVD players, but come for free WiFi, cozy fire in the wood-stove in the common space cafe, the eclectic store with items from Europe, soak in the ambiance and comb the beaches and walk the wharfs and see the working fishing boats. This is the place for doing just that, getting away from the humdrum everyday bustle of life, and just relaxing and listening to the waves (which you can hear from almost all the rooms). I look forward to my Glenacres Inn getaways!

Room Tip: If you have a dog, the rooms detached from the main house are for you! Front corner rooms in main ho...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet N
Lincoln City, Oregon
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This inn is picturesque and has an interesting history. I suspect if you go for the fancier rooms in the main house, you might be happier. with it than I was. But we decided to go cheap. We just wanted a place to crash for one night. So we took the innkeeper's advice and booked one of the small, $50 rooms in the motel-like building semi-attached to the main house. We were initially a bit taken aback with how small it actually was. But we could live with it and it was clean.. I would have thought the owners could have spent a bit more effort on updating and decorating, plus a little bigger t.v. But the shower was hot and spacious and we slept well and we weren't paying that much, so I don't have much right to complain.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank djess55555
Leslie I, Owner at Glenacres Historic Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
We do our best to provide clear depictions of our rooms with pictures of each posted on our website (even showing televisions sizes!). So you don’t have to rely entirely on the innkeeper recommendations in anticipating whether rooms with their decorative details and the rest may prove to your liking. Appreciate that you otherwise seemed to think of your $50 room as good value. Perplexing how that view then warrants the nay-saying and sub-par ratings, particularly given your concluding remark. Your picture of potential aligns with our improvement aspirations and processes, all of which needs to be balanced in the mix of resurrecting a historic home while offering the very competitive rates we do.
Port Orchard, Washington, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have been coming here since it changed owners in 2007. I have to say that at first I was not a fan, but I came back because of the owners! You can see the hard work and dedication they have put into this Inn! It's like a big fun family house now and I love it! We go four or five times a year all year long and couldn't be happier! Both my children learned how to maneuver stairs by going up and down the ones in the Inn and now like me have beach in their blood! The owners know all the best spots for beach combing and all the best of local dining and fun. We make sure to hit the Pirate festival, Cranberry festival, Thanksgiving, and of course several times in the summer. In the main house rooms the bathrooms are very tiny but most have been updated comfortably. The furniture in the rooms is changed, rearrange, and replaced as the owners find new pieces and old pieces are damaged or when things simply need to be refreshed. I am always pleased with my stay. I rated the pool 'Terrible' because they don't have one. I find hotel/motel pools to be completely horrifying and disgusting so the fact that they don't have one is actually great! Give it a try, be open to new people and enjoy the quiet beach town!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Erika H
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights here the first week of May (Halibut fishing trip). The owners are super friendly, and went above and beyond on a couple of occasions. The room is clean but small, we really liked the way the back door led to a garden/gazebo area. This Inn is a great value, I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rich P
Milton, Washington, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2013

My fiancee and I recently stayed here and we were very satisfied with the accomodations and Mike's very pleasant greeting. Being a big guy, I found the shower and toilet area very tight and I am used to a coffee maker in the room, (also being a very early riser, I had to drive into town to hunt some down as they serve coffee in the new cafe on the main floor). Next time we are in Westport, I will book one of the cabins for our stay. You are doing good things there, Mike.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Greg C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Chateau Westport
#6 of 14 in Ocean Shores
Ocean Avenue Inn
Ocean Avenue Inn
#6 of 14 in Westport

Been to Glenacres Historic Inn? Share your experiences!