“Did not stay”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Everett, WA
“Did not stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

I would agree with other negative reviewers, this is not someplace I would stay given a choice. We got a 'deal' through Living Social on a "one bedroom suite," I certainly expected more based on LS description. It was dark, teeny tiny, worn out and was overall very depressing. We bailed and found a much nicer place closer to the beach. Big difference. Do not recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carnon
cindy g, Manager at Ocean Avenue Inn, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
We agree that Living Social did not advertise our property correctly. We are a small budget friendly motor lodge. We cater to those who need a little extra room, with pets, need kitchens, going fishing or like to have their car outside their door. We are not a luxury Hotel and we were disappointed Living Social did not represent us as that. Thank you for your response.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Upstate New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

This hotel is not a place I would ever go back to if I had a choice. It is dingy, very outdated, and not very clean. There was garbage on the floor by the bed, the bathroom was extremely outdated (and tiny), and as soon as you opened the door the smell of the dumpster sitting in the parking lot hit you. They are pretty stingy with towels, and the towels aren't all that nice. We stayed in Room 110. The room was overpriced for what it was.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Westport hotels

puyallup
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Livingsocial bad buy for sure, dirty rug, do not provide kleenex, paper towels sugar, cream, only 1 washcloth for 2 people. bent siverware in a dirty drawer, dirty rug, I could go on. But I can't see how this place gets any stars . overall costs us $140.00 taxes and Dog for 2 nights, but we left and went home after 1 night.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have stayed in some pretty nasty places before but this one just might top them all. There was wet spots on the floor...hair in the bathroom. the extra blanket smelled of dirty feet and this place hasn't been updated since the early 80's.. While I usually don't need anything from the front desk it would have been nice if they were open but they were closed until 3PM...not helpful. I got this through Living Social and they usually have some decent places. This place does NOT fall into that category. There are a few good things, nice breeze with the windows open and when you get cold the heater does work.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SheilaShine99
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed in room #5 and it was perfect for us. It is one of the updated rooms :). My hubby worked at the desk and I lounged on the futon reading my book. The bed was even more comfortable than our own. The fridge was nice to have. We walked to the light house the next day. The person who checked us in was great. I have no complaints with this little in and how can you beat 65 bucks! We will be back.

Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Sien T
Redmond, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I booked my stay via a LivingSocial deal and got a great price on what they advertised as a "three-bedroom suite". I looked at the Trip Advisor reviews, and was re-assured by the 4-star rating that the place averaged at the time. So I booked the deal to stay in Westport when my wife's family came out for a visit.

When we drove up to the place, I thought "No, no way, that's not it, it can't possibly be it." The place looked like an old randown motel from outside in a scurvy area of town (to be fair though, most of Westport looks pretty scurvy). While I was pulling up my reservation and confirming the address, my wife asked the front desk if she could use a restroom while I was double-checking the info. She was told told "NO, she could NOT." Wow, great hospitality.
After I got through my disbelief and confirmed that this was indeed the right place, we got our "suite." It was a nasty ran-down motel room with 50s decor and appliances from the same era. There was a nasty, musty ordor in the room as soon as we walked it. There were multiple scratches and cracks in the paint, with large chips and even holes in most areas. The TV was so old it took it 10 minutes to warm up and actually start showing something. The microwave looked older than the first one I got 20 years ago.

There were indeed three bedrooms with beds of various sizes. Most sheets looked fine, but one looked like it had stains on it and had someone else's hair on it. The chair in the living room had old stains on it as well.

There was a large gap between the door and the door frame which allowed in insects (flies and ants in the room), and plenty of heat.
If you've seen movie "Vacancy", that's pretty much what came into my head. This was like an old horror movie motel where some crazy lunatic is going to try to stab you with a knife or what not.
Needless to say, we went to the front desk and told them we wouldn't be staying there. Instead we booked a hotel in Ocean Shores where we previously stayed. It ended up costing us twice as much as the deal at Ocean Ave Inn, but I wouldn't stay at this place for any money. What a nightmare.

Now we just need to try to get our money back from LivingSocial. What they said about that place on their deal description is certainly false advertising. The place is a complete, COMPLETE dump.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexgav
Lakebay, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We took this room on the cheap and you definitely get what you pay for. Nearby Grocery and local pub made it perfect for a couple of fisherman though. Room was a little dated, furniture was thrwn together, only one chair in the room with the table. It was a little musty smelling, my allergies went a liitle crazy and the TV was very small (24"). Could not get the wifi to work for nothing. Coffee maker in the room, but no coffee, no cups. Bed was comfortable enough and the girl at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating when we asked for an extra blanket. I will probably not be back.

Room Tip: Opt in for the efficiency unit if available.