“Great motel and town”
Review of Alaskan Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Westport
Alaskan Motel
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Our family reunion has taken over the entire motel every August for over 20 years. Beaches are within walking distance. Arlene and staff are helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Westport is a neat fishing town. Notice the policeman sleeping in squad car and funny traffic signs on way into town. Great seafood everywhere in town.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Layout varies a little.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom B
There are newer reviews for Alaskan Motel

Reviewed 3 April 2014

to cool the place is great arlene was was super cool, clean, hot showers , all aroud just the nicest place to stay in westport. over 30 years of fishing , and I just found the alaskan will be my home port when in town.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Spent one night. Larry and Arlene were very helpful with local events and restaurants. Lots of neat stuff. Will be back when in the area. Has a fish cleaning station that is very handy. Great location. Look out for friendly cop on your way in.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank andyp9360
Reviewed 24 August 2013

WOW! We discovered here, a quiet hide-a-way jewel, right in the middle of all the activities of Westport. Just a couple blocks from downtown, but close to the beaches and docks. The innkeepers stock the rooms with all the essentials needed, in catering to surfers, fishermen and sun lovers. ( OK, maybe the occasional rain lover too ) Everything from paper towels, utensils, pots and pans, spices, cups, glasses, plates, soaps, towels, microwave, stove with oven, toaster, full size refer with large freezer and much more. Already very reasonable rates, but don't miss the "extended stay" discount, that kicks in the third night.
Being an Outdoor Writer, I've visited hundreds of facilities catering to hunters and fishermen. Very few better than the ALASKAN, and NONE of better value!

Room Tip: Non smoking and pet friendly was perfect
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JD W
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I chose to stay at the Alaskan because of the pictures of the lawn area with many picnic tables and adirondack chairs where I envisioned spending some time with a good book, a glass of wine, and a good cigar. I got to look at this area through the windblown rain from my room. Fortunately, the room was large and comfortable so I did not feel claustrophobic. The owner who checked me in was very friendly and helpful with local information. The room was clean and large with a couple of reading chairs, a desk, a full kitchen, and a kitchen table and chairs -- all for a very reasonable price. The bathroom, however, was tiny. Wifi is apparently available only in a few rooms near the office. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank winodave
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My folks have stayed at this place for many years and we decided to meet them at the Alaskan. We stayed in a regular smoking room, and the folks stayed in a nonsmoking room next to us with a dinette/kitchen. They were both lovely rooms, old but clean, with plenty of room. The motel is off the main drag, so no traffic noise!! There is a fish cleaning station for those going fishing, and room to bring your sea worthy vessel. It is pooch friendly, and our room was visited by the owners' dog, Coco I believe was his name. He did some tricks without being asked so I had to reward him with chicken. Then the owner apologized for the dog but that was a highlight for my canine loving husband! Each room is ground level if you use a walker like my husband does, so that's always a plus. Every room had two lawn chairs and small table outside the door to enjoy the afternoon sun. The ONLY downfall to this place, at least in room 1, there was no a/c. With the breeze blowing through the open door, the room was plenty cool, however. There are a LOT of restaurants and pubs fairly close, and a variety and drug store a couple of blocks over. The Shoalwater casino in Tokeland is about 40 minutes away along a beautiful drive through Grayland. Arlene and her hubby and puppy are very, very nice and we plan to go back again very soon. Oh, if you get bored, which I'm sure you won't, there are vcr's and movies, and many board games available in the office. There are a couple of big picnic tables and bbq's you can use as well. We just had a really relaxing time!!! If you are looking for a fancy place like the casino hotel rooms, then go to the casino. This is a laid back beach community, You can let the wind mess up your hair and nobody cares!!!

Room Tip: Any room is probably good, but next time I will get one with a dinette table and kitchen. So much fo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank kay g
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed one night, and we were pleased with our stay. Larry greeted us, was very friendly, and checked us in quickly. The room was very simple and basically clean.
We would probably stay at the Alaskan again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Chateau Westport
#8 of 14 in Westport
Canterbury Inn
Canterbury Inn
#1 of 14 in Ocean Shores

Been to Alaskan Motel? Share your experiences!