“Great location but worn out cabin”
Review of Harbor Resort

Harbor Resort
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Harbor Resort is right on the water adjacent to the boat harbor in Westport, WA. The individual cabins, located a few feet from the water's edge, have great views. This all seemed fine until we entered our cabin. It, like the others, was a single wide mobile home. That was not a problem, since such structures are fitted with a kitchen, bath, bedroom, and closets. But the unit was old and run down, doors were off their tracks, light bulbs were missing from fixtures, the kitchen sink would not drain, the bathroom sink had been burned and partially melted - perhaps with a curling iron, the window blinds would not operate properly, and the carpeting was so old and dirty that we hesitated to set down our bags. The rate for the room was high, and that must have been for the view because the room was not worth it.
We stayed for two nights, and while houskeeping provided clean towels, the bed was not even made.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PplusG

Reviewed 8 July 2011

I read the reviews and was very disappointed by what people wrote. We stayed at the Harbor Resort for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it. The cabins were older but they were clean. What most of you probably don't understand is what the ocean water does to a building. The view was incredible and we were able to cook, bbq and the grandkids had a great time. I would recomend it, however don't expect a 5 star hotel. It's comfortable and has all the conveniences of home. You can rent crab pots, fishing poles and have a great time. The owners were very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank hmarsh9753
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Please stay away. This hotel is infested with black mold. Why is this place still open? It is unreal, the odor, the stains on the wall and most disturbing the black mold on the windows. If you or your children have asthma or allergies you are putting your family at risk by staying here. This used to be a great place to stay, but soon it will be shut down.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank himynameissteve
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The cottage was nice and pleasent there very comfortable and price was good the store had rental gear for crabing and bait it was a great trip

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I could not decide which was worse; the smell of rotting garbage floating up from somewhere beneath the hotel, or the electronic Glad Air Freshener they had put in my room to try and mask it. Through paper thin walls, one could hear everything - including what sounded very much like "trafficking" activities going on in adjoining rooms. I complained about all these things to the owner, who did not seem to care.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank JRB41710
Reviewed 13 April 2010

The owners hired REALLY CREATIVE photographers, because the pit we walked into was NOTHING like the website photos! The room was so small that you could hardly turn around in it, the plastic blinds by the bed were cracked and some were missing (Nice for privacy). There was no way to open the blinds to see out the front window (where the view was), as there was no wand to operate the blinds, The room next to us had a faded bedsheet over the front window instead of curtains!!!

The bathroom's fixtures looked like they were from an old correctional facility. The tiles on the floor of the shower were evidently 'repaired', but no one bothered to remove the excess grout.

The walls were paper thin, but at least on the bright side: you could hear the surf!

I also was 'fortunate' enough to get a glimpse of the laundry facility. Completely filthy. When we checked out the following morning (stayed there because we were too fried from a long drive to search for another hotel), the owner did not ask any questions about our stay. He simply commented on how we were leaving early.

There was ONE glimmer of hope there, and his name is Charles. He was very nice, and it is unfortunate for him to depend on this dump for a paycheck.

There are several individual units (I think they are the 'condos' referred to on the website), and it appeared that the owners were more friendly toward those renters than the ones that stayed in those awful pits upstairs from the office.

Please do yourself a favor: as far as this place goes, you are far better off at the RV and Tent park with a blue tarp.

P.S. There are no phones in the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TheSauciestwench1
Reviewed 10 March 2010

My husband and I had stayed in the "cabins" at Hoarbor Resort several times before. It was my birthday and I decided I would like to go to Westport (which I LOVE) with a friend to buy some fish/seafood. Having been to Harbor Resort in the passed, thought it would be great to stay again as the location is ideal. My friend had never been before and I was excited for her to have a pleasant stay. I have to tell you that I don't believe I have EVER stayed anywhere as filthy as this! I learned from some locals that the resort had recently been sold, and all I can tell you is that they have run the place into the ground! The decor (which I could have overlooked except for the filth) looked as if it may have been done by someone decorating a house of ill repute. Heater vents (which cost, what, $3.00) were rusted and corroded. The bedding appeared to be ancient and the pillows all smelled of sweat! We had to wash the coffee cups before use, and were concerned out using the dish soap provided as the spout on the bottle was disgusting! The stove front had been spray painted, the walls were so gross we made sure not to touch them. Kitchen window had unidentifiable clumps of something on it. None of the remotes worked. I have stayed in fishing cabins much nicer than this and was not ripped off in the room rate as I feel I was here. I prayed when I checked out they wouldn't ask me if everything was already. But, well, they did. So I told them!! If cleanliness is NOT important to you and you don't mind spending $170.00 (winter rate) to stay in a pig sty...go for it! As for me...I'll be telling the whole world about the rat trap!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends