“Was Just fine”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Seattle, Washington
“Was Just fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I took me girlfriend there for a four day stay in cabin # 12. Everything was great my parents stay here from time to time so they turned me on to it. I got a little scared when i started to read the reviews but when i got there was fine if your not looking for a 5 star hotel for god sakes its right on the water. Few things that could be fixed like to sliding door my girlfriend needed my help every time opening it, they really need some new pans but cook alot so i brought my own pans. The owner is a very nice guy gave me his cell phone number so if i had to call for something after 6. He also gave me a crab ring for the four days i stayed for just $10. My girlfriend loved it along with me and a dog. I will be going to stay again.
Stayed Feb 2 to 5

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kyle R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cornelius, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

My fiance and I rented #7 upstairs. My sister and her guy rented a cabin and her two adult boys rented another cabin. This will never happen again, EVER!! The view is not worth the crap we had to go through. Read all the recent reviews, every one of them are spot-on! My sister's room had a gas leak that the manager said was just from lighting the gas heater but the smell didn't go away for hours and only then because her boyfriend turned off the valve for the gas. Then the manager brought over a heater and left, they turned it on and the power went out and they couldn't find the breaker and the manager wouldn't answer the phone. The two boys returned to their room much later in the night and found that there was no power in their room at all. My sister was given $10 off for the inconvenience and the two boys were given another cabin for the next night. Our #7 room had a stank to it, and the room is really small and the shower stops and goes and changes temp from other rooms using the water. I skimmed over some reviews from way back in 2004 and 2005 and they got really great reviews, it seems that the place has gone down hill and is being run into the sewer. If I owned that place I would be ashamed of myself reading all these bad reviews and do something about fixing up the place and cleaning up my image. I was thinking about finding out who the owner is and calling them to demand compensation for my sis and her kids but I can see now that the owner IS THE PROBLEM!!!! YOU SUCK!!! GRADE: F- 0% satisfaction. I will discourage everyone I come across from staying there. Get my point? You're stupid and can't read if you stay there. I'm stupid for not reading reviews before i wasted my money on that hell hole. Did I mention this place sucks? Like, really bad?

Room Tip: Choose a different motel.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Todd B

Travellers are raving about these Westport hotels

Hoquiam, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

We rented cabin number 9 at the harbor resort for a vacation over the New Year holiday for our family of 4. We were told it had a queen size bed and two bunk beds. The Queen size was more like a full size, it was very uncomfortable, and the bunk beds turned out to be very small and built into a closet. When we checked in on Friday night we found that the cabin had not been cleaned. the garbage cans were full, the backsplash in the bathroom was filthy, the kitchen was filthy, the refrigerator was leaking, there was a towel wedged under the refrigerator to catch the water, leaking out of the bottom, there was black mold on all of the windows, the walls were filthy, there were only two towels in the bathroom, and there was no coffee or coffee filter. I called the desk at 8:00 a.m. to notify the management of these conditions which I did in a very polite manner. I was suprised when an older lady claiming to be a manager started yelling at me on the phone and threating me. I asked her to calm down and that I had not meant to insult her but only to make her aware of the problem. She hung up on me and called me five minutes later demanding to know where I was as she was just in the room and had not seen me and that the room was clean. I told her that I was in cabin # 9 and that I was not in a room. She came to the cabin and after I showed her what I had asserted to she admitted that the room had not been cleaned. We went to the beach and when we returned there was an apology letter and a bottle of sparkling cider. They did appear to have done some cleaning but the cabin was still very dirty. They provided the coffee filters and some coffee and added some clean towels. When ever we tried to use a hair dryer it would trip a fuse and the only source of heat was a small space heater that also seemed to trip the electrical fuse. When we checked out they gave us $10.00 off our bill and again apoligized for there behavior. I found the view to be breath taking and you are right on the water but I will not be returning. I found the staff to be unprofessional, the cleanliness of the cabin was disgusting, and the physical condition of the cabin was sketchy at best. I have never written a review in my life and am only doing so now that I might be of some service to other families out there so that they can save themselves some anguish.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank Kellen S
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

I should have used Tripadvisor before booking this hotel. I wanted something on the water with a kitchen. I stayed in the cabin and this place is right on the water. The cabin, however, is so run down it shouldn't be rented out. The windows have sticks in them to keep them shut and no screens. The sliding glass door to the patio is nearly impossible to slide. Also it doesn't close completely, also requiring a stick to keep it from being opened. The couch we didn't even sit on because of lack of springs and it was like sitting on a rock. The cabinets with the pots and pans had a strange smell in them. We slept ok in the queen-size bed but there was just enough room to walk around the bed. The caulk in the bathroom was stained and coming off. It definitely was not worth the $143 per night we were charged. Would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank ramblingnowhere
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I have stayed here, in the "cabins" for a numbers of years and this place has so deteriorated. The view remains great but the cabin was terrible. Cabin dirty, walls stained, badly chipped paint everywhere, window sills filthy with mold growing up sides, nearely impossible to open bathroom sliding door, odd smell in the refrigerator I kept my foood in plastic bags.. For the $179 per night it was a rip off. Worse than a cheap motel downtown anywhere USA.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Charlotte B
Burien, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

View was amazing, but not worth the experience: Gas smell, broken closet door, broken bathroom door, broken shower knob, melted sink, missing window screen, broken slider door to the deck, deck flooring "spongy", broken lamp in living area. Don't expect to use a hair dryer. You're requested not to as it may blow the circuits in the cottage.

Small and cramped. Fold-out couch? Try small futon. Out-dated decor, including snowman shower curtain.

We sat up all night for fear of gas poisoning, only to be yelled at by the manager in the morning. ( No management on duty over night. They post a small piece of paper in the window on who to call, but I didn't see it) We checked out and only got a partial refund for our misery. I should have just called 911.

$200 per night?? Really??

The response to my BBB complaint was that the unit is perfectly safe and worthy of the fees charged. Uhh... ok.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank J H
Exeter, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

One of the worst stays EVER. Tiny, cramped room and even tinier bathroom, the mini-shower had black mold and there was no water pressure so it dribbled, not showered. Water stopped entirely, and then drastically changed temp, when anyone in the other six rooms did anything. No screens in the window meant people reaching in from the wrap around balcony and no security if you wanted air...which you definitely need; the musty smell changes to reeking of fried grease during the owners dinner hours. The connecting doors are blocked by furniture but not sealed and the walls are paper thin so even low conversations are public. The electrical outlets won't hold a plug and the desk isn't staffed at all after 6 PM. No quiet hours were enforced, allowing drunk guests to bellow all night first in their room and then on the public balcony. This place was truly awful and grossly overpriced, especially given many repairs are very simple to do; WE fixed the missing window slats! There's many other choices and I sure wish we had chosen them!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KaTe2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Westport Marina Cottages Motel
Ocean Avenue Inn
Ocean Avenue Inn
#7 of 14 in Westport
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn

Been to Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!