“westport cat dump”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Grandview, Washington
“westport cat dump”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

The place was the coolest place in westport ,no more the new owners have let it go to just shy of slum lord dump ! Dirty, smelly, trashey, just down and out dirty... sucks this place has the best view of the west ,butt and I do mean its a place where people dump alley cats, real sad to see this place. Go down .

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank David S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Harbor Resort for years, going there at least twice a year. After ownership change the place noticably went down hill from the previous visit. The last time was it. the cabin was filthy. There were dirty dishes in the microwave, the kitchen required my wife to clean the entire space, and the sliding glass door wwas broken. The final straw was when I sat on the picnic table and it collapsed. The legs and supports were rotten. Rusty nailes were exposed all around, a couple next to my legs. Upon notifing the desk clerk he should minimal concern, made no offer to compensate us for the cabin condition, only that he would remove the table. Sad to see a Washington jem turn into such a dump.

Room Tip: All the cabins we have rented have deteriorated.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Phil M

Travellers are raving about these Westport hotels

Battle Ground, Washington
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had booked before I had read the reviews.. Once I read them I was scared to death!! I took my own sheets and pillows... When we walked in , it was quite a surprise it was very clean, smelled good and right on the bay! The price is a bit high for what it is.....The TV area could be updated, the futon was hard as a soft rock and the recliner was large but not large enough for two....It was very quiet, with no disturbances... The person that checked us in was very efficient... We were in cottage 8.... Very good experience ;)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Patti T
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at the Harbor Resort during the off season and clearly their cleaning staff was also off for the season. This place was more than filthy! From the minute we stepped into the room we were hit with the strong odor of smoke despite the "Thank you for not smoking" sign. What a joke! The sheets were stained and contained hair, gross, and when we stripped the beds what we found underneath was even worse. Underneath the bed and futon was months worth of dust and garbage, random bottle caps, misc. paper scraps and other stuff we really did not want to touch to investigate further. In the side table drawer we found loose tobacco. The chairs in the room had broken backs and all the faucets were loose. The bathroom was a closet with an old nasty toilet, sink and very small shower. And don't plan on getting any sleep because the porch light streams through the thin blinds and outdated curtains, illuminating the room at night. The lazy owners of this motel have no pride in ownership and are clearly in this business to take your hard earned money and give you nothing in return. They should be ashamed of their lack of basic cleanliness.Take your money some place else when visiting Westport.

Room Tip: Choose another motel in Westport, this one is awful!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank 849traveler
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We have stayed here more times than I can count, and we have always had a good experience. However, they have changed owners a couple of times since we were there last and it was not good. We always rent the same cottage, and this time they had changed the furniture. The two couches that were in there were not fit to sit on, it was more comfortable to sit on the floor. The room was not remotely clean, it was quite filthy actually. We always buy fresh crab on the dock and cook it in the room, but I had to scrub everything I touched with hot water and soap before I could even use anything, there was dirt and grime all in the entire place, and most things were broken. The bathroom gave me the creeps. I wore socks in the shower because I didn't want to touch anything, especially the shower curtain which was growing mold. The "extra" blankets in the bedroom closet looked like something someone had dumped in the trash. They were ripped, and dirty and the "clean" sheets on the bed had someone else's hair on them. It was really disgusting. I think for $200 a night, my room should at least be clean. Very disappointed, will never go back. They absolutely refuse to give refunds so we were stuck paying that much for something that is totally not worth it.

Room Tip: Cabin 15 has a great view of the Marina and it's nice to watch the fishing boats, but again, so...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank KLHDJH
Puyallup, Washington, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here last weekend and I must say I was a little disappointed. These "cabins" are actually tiny mobile homes. They are dirty and most everything is broken inside. However the view is spectacular and you can fish right off your deck. The town was adorable and we had a great time! We first stayed in #12. I'm warning you now DON'T TAKE THIS CABIN!! We were switched to #9 after the doors fell off the cabinets, the wood stove was broken, the wifi didn't work. Cabin #9 was a little better. I think they had just spruced it up. It was still not very nice. Def not for families but perfect for fisherman. The staff is very kind as well. Rent at your own risk!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Dlowe86
marysville
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I don't usually bother to rate hotels. The last time I went on vacation was 9 years ago. We went charter fishing for our anniversary. I gave this place a try mainly because it was ON the water. It looked great online. What they don't tell you is that the cabins were nice 20 years ago. Now they are run down and just nasty. Dirty and dingy. There is a nice laminated sign right by the sink that says if you don't leave the dishes clean you will be charged an extra $25. Not that I minded washing the two cups we used. It was just tacky. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE! No air conditioning. And YES it got hot in there on the 3rd of May. Not even a fan to cool things down. You can actually hear people just outside your cabin talking because you are right by the walk on dock. It was great being on the water but it was ruined because ANYONE can just plop down and fish right in front of your cabin. I had several people walk right in front of my VIEW windows and look in. The window bottoms come to chest high on a short man.
Our cable was out. And after my husband had the guy look at it twice, the guy finally gave us his box, For $160 a night I expected a lot better than this.
We booked for 3 nights and I finally left after two. We just started home early and stopped at a motel on the way. That motel was only $60 for one night and was awesome.
The fishing was great but there is nothing to do in Westport other than that. Places to eat are sparce and feature burgers and fish.
All in all it was not at all what I expected. Stay anywhere but here. A tent on the dock would be better.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Cynthia P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Westport Marina Cottages Motel
Ocean Avenue Inn
Ocean Avenue Inn
#6 of 14 in Westport
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn

Been to Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!