“Comfortable place but not sound proof”
Review of Westport Inn

Westport Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Westport
North Bend, Washington, United States
“Comfortable place but not sound proof”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The room was very nice, neat and clean. We loved the bathroom layout and the little window close to the floor, which provided good entertainment to our dog. They also provided a fan in the room and the chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies were a great bonus.

The room was directly in front of the stairs, so our privacy was unfortunately not that good, nor did we get a good view of the water. The hotel seems a little old and we had noisy neighbors to our right and above us, with the sound carrying through especially with a squeaky ceiling, waking us up at 4am!

They seem to have a few single cabins there as well, which looked nice and worth trying out another time.

Room Tip: Get one on the top floor if possible otherwise you may have to deal with squeaky ceilings. Avoid 101...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RoMistry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
East Wenatchee,Wa USA
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean and quaint. It is close to beach and attractions. The office has warm chocolate chip cookies most of the time and staff is helpful. The ONLY problem that I had with the hotel is that the walls are thin and the fishermen are loud. I don't usually get up at 5, especially on vacation. So, I would suggest that you check to see if the boats are running before you book your stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Castellente
Lakewood, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I just stayed three nights in the inn. It was quiet, and a good environment to wind down in. The view from the 3rd floor was great, and I could watch the fishing boats go out to fish. The room was very clean and furnished comfortably. I was able to walk to the beach, which I did several times a day. After wrapping up 19 1/2 years working for the federal government as a nurse. I desperately needed down time alone. I will recommend this inn to anyone. It is close to the docks where the boats are, gift shops, and close to the paved sidewalk that goes along the shoreline. There are also features for a family to enjoy at the inn. The staff are great! Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Janet D
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to the stay with Westport Inn as a weekend getaway from Seattle. It was a storm early spring day, but that didn't dampen the hotel staff. The were courteous, kind, and helpful. We had a great view of the storm from our front window and the fire place in the back bedroom made the whole place feel cozy. All around one of my husband and my nicest trips.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brittney G
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed in cabin 5 - it was quiet, clean and so cute! It is a small well-designed cabin that is located walking distance from the beach, the boats and town. We spent a day just walking and another day fishing with Westport Charters - I wish we could have stayed longer - everything was wonderful!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary Q
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We recently had the pleasure of staying in Westport, WA for the first time. I was so glad we chose the Westport Inn. After driving around the little town, it appeared that this was definitely the nicest hotel in town. It was walking distance to the beach. The upper floors have a view of the water. The grounds are clean. In addition to the hotel, there are little individual park model cabins and RV hookups. The atmosphere was very friendly. There was a fire pit. It was a bit of a party atmosphere. I was worried it might be noisy, but by ten o clock everyone had quieted down and we had a good night's sleep. This is not a new hotel, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. Hot coffee was available all day in the lobby. They even had a basket of pails and shovels available for the kids to take to the beach. I certainly hope to get to go there again.

Room Tip: Choose a 2nd or 3rd floor room for a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I first attempted to stay at the Westport Inn last year. I had an unfortunate experience that I detailed in a previous review located on this site. Immediately after the review posted, the owner of the establishment contacted me to discuss my concerns. He expressed genuine interest in my experience and wanted details so that he could correct the problem. In addition, he did offer me a gift certificate so that my lady and I could experience a stay there, which I gladly accepted. I was happy that he DID NOT ask for an improved review in exchange, but rather just an opportunity to leave a better impression.

My lady and I stayed at the Westport in this weekend, and found it to be a pleasant stay. The grounds were nice and well kept, and the room was comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and we felt welcome and appreciated. Everyone working at the Inn seemed to enjoy what they were doing and appreciate our business. Albeit simple, the room was clean and comfortable. It was exactly what we expected in that price range and location.

Overall, the stay was very nice and we would stay here again if we make our way through Westport. Our only complaints were that the mini-fridge in the room was not in working order (and had a bit of a smell) and the walls are a little thin. This didn't represent any problem our first night, despite a couple staying the room next to us. But on the second night a group heading out to fish early in the morning (read 3:50 am) woke us up and kept us up as they were dragging gear to their trucks. This is hardly controllable by the hotel staff, but the thin walls make it a bit more of an issue.

If you are coming to Westport, I would definitely recommend the Westport Inn as a place to stay.

Pros:
-Great location, walking distance to a local bar or two and the waters edge.
-Friendly staff
-Comfortable, low-key stay

Cons:
-Thin walls make it easy to hear what is going on outside.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King room, not sure about the others. Stayed on the second floor which will help avoi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Peter S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Chateau Westport
#1 of 14 in Ocean Shores
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
#6 of 14 in Ocean Shores

Been to Westport Inn? Share your experiences!