“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in White Salmon
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in downtown White Salmon, WA
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've enjoyed every meal I've eaten at Henny's. Great happy hour with special pricing on drinks and small plates. Henny burger is excellent. I also like their chicken skewers w/sweet chili sauce over rice and their creme brûlée is perfect. My husband likes the curry and we both enjoy the fish & chips. The decor is cozy and the staff has always been very friendly. White Salmon is lucky to have such a nice place.

1  Thank Katherine W

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We moved to Hood River from the East Coast a few months back and discovered this little gem a few weeks into our stay. I love the atmosphere at this place!! The lighting is perfect and they've done a great job decorating. The staff is always friendly and the food is great. My only wish is they would get Spanish olives..they have a gourmet type with some type of herb/anchovy brine which to some I'm sure is delish, but I'm old fashioned dirty martini girl and they don't cut it. That being said they have a great selection of beer and wines as well, so there's plenty of other options. Henni's is always a great experience, enjoy!

1  Thank MACOHumane
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I'm biased. I live here. But I've also lived on the East Coast, West Coast and Gulf Coast, as well as overseas. We are very fortunate to have a restaurant of this caliber in White Salmon. We stopped for dinner last night, were amazed by the special (beef short ribs with Egyptian spices), and I realized I had never written Henni's up. The ambiance is excellent, note the copper and metal work by Chef Christiaan's wife Sarah and her dad. Great cocktails, local wines on tap, by the glass and bottle, and beers, small plates that can be ordered to make a great sampler meal...this is a fine place for a special dinner or a quick drink with a small plate or two. Highly recommend the spinach salad and the steak bruschetta...our go to favorite starters. Have had most things on the menu, as well as specials (love the duck, and smoked rib eye). Christiaan know his spices and how to use them! Go early for the happy hour specials. And if the place is full, don't be shy, sit at the bar!

1  Thank sullydk
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We live nearby and Henni's is by far the best restaurant around town (on the WA side). We have eaten here on multiple occasions and have never been disappointed. The menu is good and the food is great with very large portions. Value is definitely there! I would recommend this restaurant if you are in the White Salmon/Bingen area.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

White Salmon is lucky to have Henni's. We have eaten there 3 times and have never been disappointed. They have excellent , interesting and well prepared food. They also have "small plates" that ware quite adequate in themselves. They also have kids size entrees which we appreciate. I highly recommend this restaurant. The atmosphere is very pleasant as well.