“Wow”
Review of River Run Inn

River Run Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Winthrop B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The River Run was our first stop on our North Cascades Fall Tour. We always search out cabins and these were exceptional! Spacious with a living area, dining area and a bedroom wowed us. They were spotless and had every amenity. Thanks for a great beginning to a lovely weekend.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn W

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My mother and father beautifully decorated this and after dad passed away I never went back. My new husband had never been to Winthrop and so I took him last year. I almost cried to see how they changed it. All mom's beautiful decorating- GONE. The pool room that had plants in all the Windows - GONE. The beautiful lounge chairs my sister bought in the Phillipines-GONE. Instead of building with the continuity of what was there they made it look like a Motel 6. Truly saddened to see this. It has really been run down. They made ALL the bedrooms SMALLER and added a toilet an sink or perhaps shower. It was disappointing.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floor of main building on River Side have River sound which lulls you to sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leona P
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Wonderful property, spacious cabin (we stayed in Cabin A), well equipped and right beside the beautiful Methow River. Private porch and a huge lawn with hammocks, horseshoes and a play area for kids. Very peaceful setting that made us want to return soon. KILLER bed!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The atmosphere here is relaxed, like being at home. Rooms are spacious and pleasant. It also seemed to be dog-friendly, several other guests had dogs. We had a good time, sitting on the deck or in the hammocks, or walking by the river (and hiking in the area).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

We were on our way from north cascades np tp glacier np and looked for a place for the night. Got here on the way, luckily they had a cabin and as we were only teo and the cabin had two bedrooms they charged us only for one bedroom which was very nice (it was the inly available room in the complex). Very "homey" place with a great family that runs the place, next time will definetly book and stay a couple of days there!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Only stayed one night in September,wish it could have been more.Motel room had french windows which opened up to a small patio which led across a lawned area down to the river.Room had all the facilities required,fridge,coffee maker microwave and iron.Pool was super with a hot tub.Ten minute walk into town which had numerous restaurants and shops.Would definately recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was a nice get away for me and my wife on our 29th anniversary. However, let me start with the man's perspective. For me it's all about expectations. The advertising said the cabins were "river front". For me this means from the cabin I will be able to see the river and enjoy the view. Not so. The river is about 50 yards away and down a bank, so you cannot see it until you walk over to it, but you can hear it. They also said the cabins had wifi. Once you get in the room the instructions say that wifi is available in the office. If you have a really strong antenna and go on the back deck (closest to the office), you can get wifi. The last thing from the man's perspective is the "private deck". For me, privacy is a big deal so I assumed "private deck" meant privacy. Not so. The deck is "private" meaning it is exclusively yours, however there is a deck 10 feet away on both sides of you in full view where your neighbors are enjoying their privacy. Once I recovered from feeling misled, the area is great and the cabins are large, very clean, and very nice. And, if your staying in Winthrop, a drive up to Slate Peak is a must do. The views are amazing. Now for the female perspective...
I was very pleased the moment I walked in to the cabin. We had stayed in hotel rooms the previous two nights in Wenatchee. In comparison the cabin was spacious, light and very clean. It has a full kitchen. I loved the deck. There are tall aspens outside the deck of Cabin C which add a little bit of privacy. The open floor plan was homey, the pocket doors for the bedroom and bath provided privacy inside. The location was within walking distance of Winthrop, but far enough away that you do not feel the busyness and bustle of downtown Winthrop. Charcoal briquettes for the bbq, bicycles and dvd's were complimentary. We were not bothered by staff. The feel is very homey. It is a perfect place to relax. I would go back. I was a little disappointed by not being able to see the river from the deck, but i did not miss internet connectivity. I would recommend they add a laundry facility. As near as I could tell the closest one was in Twisp. Over all, a great place to stay. I would and have recommended it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple