Rolling Huts
AbbyCreek Inn(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$97
Methow River Lodge & Cabins(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$118
Sun Mountain Lodge(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$153
  • Pool
Hotel Rio Vista(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
US$138
Mt Gardner Inn(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$120
Hotels.com
US$77
Orbitz.com
Chewuch Inn & Cabins(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
US$117
Official Site
US$102
US$83
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2013

There are many good things about the rolling huts - great location, nice modern feel if you don't want 80 thousand pillows and fluffy things, for a group of adults there could be more storage space and chairs comfortable for lounging after a hard day of skiing, although we improvised just fine....stove worked great, place was mostly clean BUT.....

THE PRIVY....as a seasoned third world traveler I have a wide comfort level with the variety of toilets found thru the world, including but not limited to the hole in floor with water bucket, and privy - however, for about $150 bucks a night I want a clean privy....what we found when we opened our closet of blue juice was a mountain of feces, gently swathed in paper, extending up to the seat level, when one bent down to view from seat level it actually gently peaked over the seat....kinda like the mountains we were there to see. Bad enough, but when I immediately called to inform management that we had what could only be referred to as a crap cone in our privy and it needed servicing, as well as no toilet paper in the barn 100 yards away I never received a response. And the astute observer would notice that the way snow is cleared no truck can enter for servicing until the clear wider paths...do they just not service these on a regular basis? It was actually so foul I snapped photos, I plan on following up with the Department of Health. Seriously, for a buck fifty a night clean the damn privy on a regular basis, or shut the door, lock it, and cut a price deal or comp some wine and tapas to compensate folks a little for the bummer of walking to the barn in 11 degrees at 2am....would have solved the whole problem. Not returning the phone call, which I do firmly believe was heard as TP magically appeared in the barn within an hour, means not only will I never return but am motivated to post this as well to warn other. If a hulking pile of pooh isn't a problem for you then go for it, the rest of the place was OK.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
24  Thank Mary T
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We just returned from our 2 night stay at the Rolling Huts. We stayed in Hut 3 which does not really matter too much as they are all the same with the same view. Although, Hut 1 is close to the trail to the tents so I would probably avoid that one while booking. We arrived to the hut, entered our code on the lock box to retrieve our key (took us a few times to open it as we were unfamiliar with this system. It does work nicely though not having to check in) and entered our dream come true. The hut was very clean and ordered with everything there as promised. The wood under our hut was a bit sparse but the neighboring huts had plenty so we took some from theirs.

The fire place seemed to be an issue with the negative reviews here but we had no problems. What I do encourage you to do is read the directions provided a few times through and you should not have a problem. There is a slight learning curve but it is easily figured out through 10 minutes of study. Two times the smoke began pouring out of the fire place but only because the flue was shut too much. Simply opening the sliding door and the side door cleared out the smoke in a few minutes. I was worried about the concern of the wood being to big to stick in the fire place but this was also not a problem. A simple search for smaller pieces was easy to do and kindling was easily found among the splintered pieces of wood. I never had a problem starting the fire. Once this fire was going, our hut was so warm we had to open up the door a few times to cool the place off! Night time lows dipped into the low 30's and we had no problem staying warm. The central heating unit was also very effective. I would not be afraid to stay here in the dead winter with snow on the ground. I am positive you will stay warm inside.

The bath house was nearby and very clean/warm. Showers were nice and the bathrooms had a nice aroma to them.

We were the only people on the site for our stay which was awesome. I would definitely come back at this time of the year as the fall colors were in full swing and the afternoons had perfect weather. It is a beautiful location surrounded by mountains and deer.

Ultimately, I would recommend this place to my friends and anyone else who wants a "glamping" experience in a beautiful location.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank UrRadDude
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My husband and I are suckers for a good design. These huts look so modern! So innovative! So peaceful! As soon as I caught a glimpse of them, I rushed out to book a weekend getaway.

Lets talk about the problems with the booking process. I booked online, only to be called 4 days later to be told my reservations didn't go through as there was not actually availability, it was an error with the website. I attempted to return the call and book another weekend. After 4-5 messages over a week on both the cell line and business line, I finally called AGAIN and reached the manager. By that point the only date available was in September. I still wanted to stay, so I went ahead and booked.

Fast forward 3 months. The drive is on highway 20 is beautiful, the location is stunning the huts are um..

not maintained or cleaned. The windows were dirty, the dishes were full of cracks and chips, there were spider webs inside and out (how hard is it to dust those away, at least inside?) and even a birds nest in the rail. The couple in the hut next to us had mice in the hut! The hardest part for me was the fact the toilet attached to the hut appeared not to have been cleaned all summer. The feces was almost to the top of the bowl. Unsanitary, disgusting and unusable. I'm pregnant, so of course had to use every outhouse and porta potty on the way to the huts. Not one of those highway stops was as badly maintained as the one I'm paying to use. I made due with making trips to the restrooms and showers about 200 yards away, but this was very unpleasant in the middle of the night!

Our first night there we tried to light a fire as it got cold.. we followed all of the directions and even went online to download a pdf of the instructions for the fireplace, but no matter what we did, smoke billowed out into the hut and set off the fire alarm. Same thing happened in one of the other huts while we were there. We ended up sleeping in a sooty room and had to keep the door open to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.

I decided to ask the staff about the fireplace, as maybe we were doing something wrong? There is no staff on location. The restaurant told me they are there when they need to clean a hut or process credit cards, but there is no set schedule. I managed to track down the manager the next day, while very nice, I was upset that her response was just to tell me the flues needed cleaning. Maybe we could have been told this in advance? Before we lit a fire? Maybe for $140 a night the flues should be maintained?

The shameful thing is, these could be so great! They need to be maintained properly, fix the flue, have the toilets pumped, clean the windows, the webs, the critters. Replace broken dishes! The owners of this place need a wake up call or a visit from Anthony Melchiorri with 'Hotel Impossible'

yuck.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
20  Thank rhibird
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Had a wonderful stay at the Wesola Polana area. While we could not get a hut we did rent a Methow tent. Loved every minute of it. Bathrooms were clean, tents very large and clean and grounds very well kept. We dined in the restaurant one night and it was excellent. All staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Had a great time and cant wait to return- next time in a hut hopefully.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aj
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My partner and I of 14 years spent 2 glorious days at Rolling Huts.
The weather was perfect, Winthrop is very adorable and the perfect little town to venture through.
There are many lakes and trails to discover which are very pristine and with one with nature.

The drive down from Vancouver was more magical than imagined through the Cascade Mountains and Methow Valley. We will definitely return and send as many other canucks we know down to discover. We also look forward to trying out the Restaurant when it is open as it was closed during our stay.

Dixie thanks for all your help and for the wonderful conversations. We hope to see you real soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple