“relaxing trail ride”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“relaxing trail ride”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great website with all the details you need. Especially like the training videos for myself - a first time rider.
Judy made my initial reservation which was quick and easy about a month before our trip. She asked me to call and reconfirm a day or two ahead. I spoke with her the day before and she confirmed our reservation and thanked me for calling.
We scheduled a 2 hour trail ride for my daughter and I. She rides horses and I have not.
Judy and our guide had all the horses saddled and ready when we arrived. Since I had already watched the videos, she gave me the basic instructions and said the horse will do the rest.
Our group was off riding within 15 minutes. We crossed a river, walked through woods and climbed a couple mild inclines. Great scenery and very relaxing. The horses were easy to work with and responded well to our commands.
Based on my experience, I would recommend their services which I will add were very reasonably priced.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank pevk

Seattle, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A wonderful trail ride, despite our initial trepidation”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We went with a friend who rides horses, but it was years (more than 20) since we had been on horseback. After a mix up in communication (our fault), we did a half day trip up flag mountain. Riding was fun, and the view from the top could not be beat - the easiest climb that we did. Judy also does great leather work.

Visited October 2013
Bellevue, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Authentic and fun - definitely a repeat experience!”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My 7 and 10 year olds and I had a terrific ride - we will definitely make Aaron and Judy a part of each trip to the Valley from now on. We are also planning a pack trip for next Summer. Everything about Early Winters Outfitting is authentic - there isn't any "put on" for tourists and we really enjoyed that. Judy and Aaron are plain spoken, kind and welcoming in that understated way of small town locals. The land you ride is the land Aaron grew up on, and the little shed is where Judy does some of the best leather work in the state. These folks are true blue. The horses were well matched to each of us, and remarkably well trained - they knew what was expected, but were still responsive to rider touch (unlike many rides, where the horses might as well be robots). Judy gave brief, clear instructions at the start that were easy to remember. Aaron was watchful of the kids, offering occasional suggestions, but wasn't overbearing - the kids felt capable and independent, and I felt like they were safe. Aaron pointed out interesting things throughout the forest, and the ride itself was terrific - quiet and peaceful and smelling of pine. Don't forget to tip!

Visited April 2013
Stanwood
“HORRID SERVICE!!!”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I was truly disappointed with the customer service skills of the person I spoke with on the phone. There was a mix up in our reservations because the people never responded to our emails in an adequate amount of time. When I called to confirm our reservation the lady Agrued with me and continued to tell me it was my fault the reservations we not booked. She would not take any responsibility for any part of the mix up. My daughter and I had a special trip planned just to visit and go horse back riding. This left me scrambling to find another place. I WILL NOT CONSIDER DOING ANY MORE BUSINESS HERE.

Burien, Washington
162 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 262 helpful votes
“Quality Outfitter”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We had a terrific trip with Early Winters Outfitters. We spent four days and five nights horseback riding and camping in the Pasayten Wilderness. Our guides and cooks were attentive. I hired Early Winter Outfitters for my 70th birthday celebration with my daughter and wife participating. Whatever we wanted to do, Quinn and Kevin were ready to make it happen. The food was very good, even a bit over the top with a kitchen the size of a double car garage! Early Winters provided the food and tents and horses and guides. We brought our own sleeping bags and personal items. We went in late June and I highly recommend this time of year. Wild flowers were out. Not many people. Not hot or dusty.

Visited June 2012