“The not so good new bed”

and 1 more site!
River's Edge Resort
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Last year this was a find. Winthrop is part of our annual colors trip and we've stayed at many of the nicer places in the vicinity, including up on the mountain. So when we discovered River's Edge in 2010, we knew we'd hit a good one. But this year was different. At midnight the power company was gonna turn off all electricity to Winthrop for at least five hours. No electric heat and no candles. Management supplied a battery operated lantern so we could find our way to the bathroom or wherever. I'm a night-owl, my wife is not. Wed intentionally reserved a two bedroom unit so's I could watch the late night shows. Not tonight. At midnight the lights, TV, heat, and everything else vanished. Using the lantern I got to the bathroom and left it there for the next user. Fumbled my way to the bedroom, to discover that last year's queen bed had been replaced by a king. Not just an ordinary king, but one with a pillow-top concrete-slab mattress. I couldn't sleep till I fumbled my way back to the TV couch and curled up. When the sun came up the power was back on and we made coffee. My wife had slept comfortably on the old queen in her room. Until I hit that not so good new bed, I was satisfied we'd found it again. Now I'm not sure.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jix

Reviewed 21 October 2011

We weren't planning on staying here so arrived just before 6pm on a Sunday. Surprisingly there were only two rooms left and one didn't have a working hot tub. We ended up staying in the 3 room chalet which was not cozy for 2 people; next time we need to book in advance now that we know about this place. Loved the tub on the deck; the weather was perfect for sitting out at night and we also sat outside in the morning in the tub. Very relaxing with the sound of the river. No extra pillows and the ones there weren't that comfortable; I guess I am one of few who prefers harder mattresses as well. Also I enjoy using the toiletries provided but this place only had shampoo and soap - no conditioner or lotions.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Looking on Tripadviser a day before we drove the cascade loop, we never saw Rivers Edge on Tripadviser. So as we drove through town we happen to drive past and I whipped the car around and went in to check rates. Wow, this place is so cute.... Western, right on the small river/creek. Fall colors in full effect! Walking distance to all the towns restaurants. I will be coming back!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 3 September 2011

This was our destination for our anniversary. Having a 3 bedroom cabin to ourselves over the holiday weekend was marvelous. We made good use of the hot tub and other amenities. The proprietors have thought of almost everything. Great king bed, great shower, great kitchen, great deck overlooking the river. Less than a block from downtown.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mjbphx
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This is the second time we stayed here. They are all separate buildings of different sizes and number of bedrooms. We stayed in the one bedroom riverside unit which is big enough to live in. Large bathroom, full kitchen, laundry, king size bed that does not leave much extra room in the bedroom, a living room with a decent size TV and comfortable chairs. One of the best features is the private deck with hot tub.

Everything worked,the place was very clean, comfortable, and relaxing. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WestWind12
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Obviously we must like River's Edge Resort because we keep coming back and have never been disappointed. The cabins and chalets are spotless and cozy, the staff is welcoming and helpful.

We LOVE the hot tubs on the private decks, the fully equiped kitchens and the couch is comfortable enough to sleep on. Just a nice, quiet get-away with a rustic feel and a little luxury thrown in. Wish I could bring home one of those hot tubs!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cruising-along
Reviewed 7 August 2011

2 couples stayed here in late July, just for a night. The 2 bedroom suite was really roomy, lots of space to move around in. The upstairs loft was great. The cabin was airy and clean. It had a fantastic hot tub on a huge, private deck overlooking the river, literally steps from the deck. Neighborhood deer were frequent visitors and one slept right outside our door all night and then lazed around all morning. Cute.
The cabin was fully equipped with everything we needed and it was just steps from the charming western themed town. I wanted a horse to ride through the town so we did the next best thing and did a trailride not far from our place. It awakens the inner cowboy in all of us:) There were plenty of towels and the comfy beds were a welcome pleasure.
I recommend!