“Very nice, smart decision”
Review of Willows Lodge

Willows Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woodinville
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A smart decision to book a room at this accommodating, well appointed lodge in conjunction with dinner reservations at the Herb Farm restaurant just steps away. From check-in to checkout, everyone and everything met or exceeded our expectations. Friendly, courteous staff, a glass of complimentary wine at check-in, native PNW artists featured in the lodge and garden, spacious, clean and comfortable rooms. Bring your walking shoes and take advantage of the River Trail to walk off those extra calories if you have dinner at either their in lodge restaurant or the Herb Farm just steps away. Great for a special occasion.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I can not even begin to describe how much I love this hotel.

I've stayed here twice now, once for business and once for pleasure, and both have been absolutely phenomenal experiences.

For starters, the rooms are amazing. A gas fireplace lights up your king size bed while you sleep or perhaps sets an ambiance while you soak in your oversize tub? We had a lovely porch on our second floor room where we could read in the sun and overlook the beautiful gardens out back. Really, these rooms have beautiful craftsmanship and scream luxury and romance. Very open, modern with a rustic twist.

The staff is unbelievably nice and accommodating. They'll even watch your dog for you! (I don't have a dog, but they were watching an adorable french bull dog when we checked out). They are always running to open the door for you and are just generally very nice people.

Complimentary Starbucks coffee and tea in the mornings, oh, and did I mention a complimentary glass of Chateau St Michele Syrah when you check in?! That's how you start a weekend, ladies and gentlemen!

I can't wait to come back here and wine taste, dine at one (or both) of their fantastic restaurants - Fireside for happy hour, and Barking Frog for brunch - yum! I have nothing but positive memories of both trips and would like to make it an annual event!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very nice lodge, close to the wineries and beautiful, back-to-nature feel with gardens and spa serenity feel. Restaurants at the lodge are pricey, so we ate out locally. Parking is a little challenging (not very many spaces), but it is free. Rooms are exquisite with super comfortable beds, high quality linens, garden tub and separate shower. Don't miss out on strolling the grounds... Gardens --especially-- the herb garden (huge!) was a treat! We'd definitely stay again here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori P
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I booked one night for my 11th anniversary. We checked in and they gave us each a glass of wine and we mentioned we were celebrating and they gave us a complimentary upgrade. The room was beyond gorgeous. I had read previous reviews about the rooms being dated and worn but that was not the case at all. It is modern/craftsman style and I loved it. The balcony looking out into the courtyard, the fireplace, and the bathroom were all top notch. I wish I could've stayed all week. We had some drinks in the Fireside lounge as a live band played (they were so talented!). The drinks were good although I wish they had more signature cocktails to choose from. The service in the lounge was just so-so. We didn't see our waitress often and when we did, she forgot to bring us a few things we asked for. Oh well, it didn't ruin our experience. The bed was comfy and the distance to town and all the amenities make this hotel my new favorite. I also loved brunch at the Barking Frog - it's a must do!

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna J
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I love just about everything about this lodge, except the beds. They are in dire need of updates and quite uncomfortable. Poor nights sleep aside, the staff is wonderful, the rooms are rustic & charming. I love the fireplace and the big soaking tub. It's just a short walk to a ton of tasting rooms, dogs are welcome everywhere, the staff is fantastic about giving honest reccomendations. There's a ton of great food nomatter where you choose to eat and it's so nice to take a relaxing stroll around the grounds, walk through the beautiful garden and even visit their cute pigs out back. I look forward to another trip out there but do hope they update their beds by the time I get there. For the cost of the rooms they really should be swapping out their beds with nice, soft, luxurious new ones, which seem to be found in any other hotel I stay at.

Room Tip: The corner suites are quite lovely and secluded.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Willows Lodge is a lovely place to stay with extremely comfortable rooms and a lovely setting. The overall impression, however, is of a stay at a well-run and beautifully-appointed corporate hotel, not a personalized experience at all. While the welcoming glass of wine was indeed welcome, the bar was so crowded and loud that we could barely find a place to imbibe.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fist floor have a small patio that is very "public," so I would recommend ask...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeorgeT47
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are a fan of the Herbfarm decor, than the eclectically designed Romance suite is just for you. With little time to get away this was a perfect Anniversary escape, close to home. Staying at Willows Lodge is a must if you have an evening planned at the Herbfarm. The highlight is being able to have a fabulous dinner, then retreat to your room across the lot. All too often, we don't really use our hotel rooms, but this is a place where you can kick up your feet, enjoy the glass of wine you are served at check in, sit on the patio (although I do wish there was something they could do about the cars driving by), enjoy a soak in the tub, and savor the chocolate dipped strawberries. The mattress could have been a little better, but I slept just fine after a lovely meal next door.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christaadventures
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodinville
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 1 in Snoqualmie
Belltown
The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Inn at the Market
#1 of 104 in Seattle
Cedarbrook Lodge
#1 of 35 in SeaTac

Been to Willows Lodge? Share your experiences!