“Another superlative dining review for the Herb Farm”
Review of The Herbfarm

The Herbfarm
More attraction details
Owner description: This Herbfarm sells herbs, conducts classes on herbs and a restaurant that serves meals cooked with fresh herbs.
Jackson, Wyoming
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“Another superlative dining review for the Herb Farm”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Wow! What a treat, and a real dining experience. The focus is on super fresh Pacific NW ingredients, and there are various themes that rotate through seasonally. We ate there this past weekend and the theme was beef. So choose your reservation around the theme you'll most enjoy. There are 9 courses with matched wines. And the service portion is perfect for the multiple courses you'll enjoy. Each wine pored is about 2-3 oz, so driving yourself after the meal wouldn't be recommended. The food is very fresh (roe from trout caught the evening before), the preparation very creative with the entire kitchen open for viewing as the chef's prepare and plate the servings. This was a wonderful experience. We've eaten a few times at the French Laundry, which is a 3 star Michelin restaurant. It is great, but so is this experience. The Herb Farm does what it does, very very well. The seating is mostly family style so you'll also have the opportunity to meet some new friends. One couple at our table was celebrating their anniversary that evening, and it was an annual tradition for them. Again, this is a set menu. If you don't care for the theme when you look on-line, consider another night.

Visited March 2013

Woodinville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“THE GREATEST DINING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

My wife is taking me on the Top Chef cruise in April just so that I can get my fill of "truffle stuffed bird nest soup" or whatever delicacies they will be serving. I have dined at restaurants by Emeril Lagase, Thomas Keller, Todd English, Jamie Oliver, Nobu Matsuhisa, Tom Colicchio, Sam Choi, Wolfgang Puck, and other James Beard and Michelin Star awardees. I once drove 100 km through the Italian Hill Country just so I could visit Dario Cecchini's butcher shop.

Having hopefully establish my credentials as a serious foodie, I can honestly say that the best dining experiences I have ever had have been at The Herbfarm restaurant. At last count I think that I have been there about a dozen times over the past ten years.

We started going there when Jerry Traunfeld was the executive chef. He was able to do things with local ingredients that were amazing. When he left several years ago, the restaurant went into a kind of slump. But it is back again with a new young executive chef (sorry but I don't remember his name).

The dinner menus change every couple weeks with a new themed (truffles, Kobe Beef, red wine, vegetarian, Copper River salmon, etc.) nine course, six wine menu. The dinners last about five to six hours with the owners (Ron Zimmerman and Carrie Van Dyck explaining each ingredient in every dish along the way. The staff is wonderful and make each guest feel special.

My favorite dishes that I have had over the years have been evergreen tree sorbet (it tastes like Christmas if Christmas had a flavor), maple blossom fritters, and everything on the vegetarian menu (quite a compliment given that I am a hard-core carnivore).

This is truly a "special occasion" type experience for those who want an incredibly memorable experience that they will be comparing favorably to every other fine dining experience they have ever had.

Visited November 2012
St. John's
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“The dinner event of a lifetime (unbelievable, but seriously - it really is)”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

First of all I don't understand how there can only be 5 reviews. I stayed at the Willows and spent a few days in Woodinville....and basically planned the whole trip around my dinner reservations at The Herbfarm. (I was lucky enough to get dinner reservations a few days before - I got a cancellation). With expectations so high, I really didn't see how I could be "wowed"....but I was. This place really is everything people say it is. From the garden tour onward (there was something like 8 courses). A fantastic evening. I took my boyfriend there for his birthday, and they were thoughtful enough to have a silver-framed place marker with his name, wishing him Happy Birthday. Did I mention there are additional flights of wines you can order? (I ordered a flight of champagne with arrived with Krug, Veuve (Grand Dame, I think), AND a glass Dom Peringnon. I also went out to feed the pigs (borage and basil). When you consider the whole package, the only thing that i regret is that it's going to be a looooong time (if ever) before I can beat this one....this is officially the "high bar". If you're reading this and considering going...you HAVE to go. :)

Visited July 2012
Hawi, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Addictive”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I keep going back and going back and going back!!! The whole place has an earthy energy about it. The best restaurant in the entire world, even if you don't shop for herbs, it's romantic. The stress just melts away as you meander through the gardens or take a class. There is a wonderful gift shop that offers unique happies.

Visited February 2012
Kirkland, Washington
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“A special treat, for special occasions”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Took my sister and mother to the Herbfarm to celebrate their 50th and 75th birthday's. It was the perfect surprise for all of us. The ambiance is spectacular, the food is spectacular, the presentation of food was beautiful, and even though it was 4-5 hours long, it didn't feel like it. The food was perfectly paired with wonderful wines, and the staff did some very nice things to make my mother and sister feel special. While it is quite expensive, it's worth the expense for very special occasions. My sister an mother were thrilled with the event, and I'd love to go back there again in a few years. They also have a special holiday dinner around Christmas time, that I'm sure would be wonderful. Maybe I'll try that next.

Visited July 2012