“Beer Lovers Delight!”
Review of Red Hook Brewery

Red Hook Brewery
Ranked #2 of 67 things to do in Woodinville
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular local brewery.
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We (DH and BIL) enjoyed a "tour" and tasting here on a lovely summer day. The "tour" as others have said is just in one room overlooking the vats of been and hearing a person give you history, background and information about how they brew their different beers. Of course the best part is the tasting. We sampled 5 or 6 beers (about 3 ounce pours) in about an hour. Our tour guide was knowledgeable and funny and it was a good way to spend an hour. Pretty good for only $1 per person

Lunch in the pub was good. We got in just as happy hour was starting so 16 ounce beers were only $3.50 and several menu items we discounted about 25%. The food was very good.

1  Thank napiligal

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great beer, great food, beautiful location. So much fun to eat outdoors, too, when the weather is nice! Get a paddle to sample the beers, for sure. :)

1  Thank Lea C
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our lunch here and we will be back for sure. Our server was Becky and she was very sweet and helpful. We ordered the new pulled pork and it was delicious!!!!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Meh. We went here for lunch on a busy Saturday afternoon after playing at Adventura Aerial Adventure Park. We got seats outside, which was awesome until the wind turned and brought dairy cow dung smell over. That's not the brewery's fault for sure, but made things a bit unpleasant especially after taking a bite of food.

The beer was great, really great.

The food was mediocre at best. I had the salmon sandwich which was bland with dry bread. My sister had the black bean burger, which was cold. My brother had the fondue burger which he said was mostly great (where there was cheese) but also dry in places (where there was no cheese). My husband's burger was forgettable. My 2 year old daughter loved the mac 'n cheese (which looked just like the stuff from the box), so at least she was thrilled.

It was busy, so we never really saw our server and it seemed like too big of a hassle to mention any thing about the food because it took so long to get there in the first place. It has been a year since I've been here and my first few visits were great. I'd suggest coming at a less busy time, just for the beer or for the tour. Don't expect an awesome lunch when it's busy.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Driving back from Whistler to Seattle, we were going to take a side trip to Columbia Winery, but along the way happened to notice that Red Hook was there. We had assumed it would be like a winery where you could maybe do some tasting and then go on a tour. When we walked in our thought was "oh, well this is just a restaurant and small gift shop", so we were a bit disappointed. Nonetheless, we had been driving for a while so a beer sounded good! We sat down and ordered a couple pints. The waitress who served us was very friendly and pretty animated. As our drinks wound down she came by and said, "Since you're drinking IPAs, here are a couple others to try" and left us with 3 samplers each of different beers. That was pretty cool! We then asked if they give tours of the brewery to which she said they do and that you could go pay $1 to go on it. She kindly offered to go see if they had space on the one that was coming up, and they did. So we wrapped up and headed over to the gift shop where they gather the tour.

What happened next wasn't exactly a "tour" since you go upstairs and stand in a room, but we had a very good time and got at least another pint's worth of beer for that $1 that we paid so we weren't complaining. As I said, this isn't really a tour of the brewery, it's more like a story telling. Your tour guide will lead you upstairs where you can looking out at the fermentation vessels and listen to the history of Red Hook, hear a little bit about how beer is made and then get more samples of different types of beer. I think we had 5 samples total, and it took about 50 minutes. Ours was the last tour of the day and apparently the one place that you would actually walk to is where they do the bottling, but that was closed that day so we didn't get to see it (which we were given an extra sample in exchange). It's a little bit schticky in that they're up front about the tour being "listen to me talk, then I'm going to give you beer, you'll hear me talk some more, then I'll give you more beer, more talk, more beer, talking, beer, talking, beer, then you're done." The guide was funny, the beer was good and we had a good time. For $1, you really can't beat it.

The one downside to the stop here was that we didn't find out until we were on the tour that they have at least one beer that they make there, and it's only available at the brewery. Had I known that, I would have gotten it at the start. I wish the waitress had said, "if you're looking for something special, try this beer that's only available here...". Oh well.

1  Thank Paul M