“Worth the wait? NO”
Review of Barking Frog

Barking Frog
Reserve with OpenTable
Barking Frog is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 114 Restaurants in Woodinville
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rte 202
Description: It's difficult to say what is most appealing about the Barking Frog - the food, the wine, the atmosphere. All of the above earned this casual bistro featuring country fresh Northwest cuisine rave reviews. Honors have included "Restaurant of the Year", "Most Innovative Wine List" and "Wine Grand Award" awards, presented by the Washington Wine Commission. Delectable dishes entice guests to linger in the light-filled dining room or to gather around the fireplace. While in the summer, lunch and dinner are served in the courtyard. Wine tasting in Fireside Cellars - Many wineries are open for public tastings, others are not. However, there is one place where you can relax with friends and fellow guests to taste the finest that Woodinville Wine Country has to offer - Fireside Cellars at Willows Lodge. Join us from 4PM-11PM Sunday-Thursday and 4PM-12AM Friday and Saturday.On weekends, the sweet smell of crepes fills the air as the Fireside Cellars is now open and offers both sweet and savory crepes along with oatmeal, pastries and your favorite coffee/espresso. Open Saturdays and Sundays from 8AM-1PM.
Napa, California
“Worth the wait? NO”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was between lunch and dinner but an all day menu was available.
We waited 10 minutes to be acknowledged. After ordering sandwiches, we waited over 30 minutes for our food to arrive. My hamburger was raw not med rare and the hot turkey sandwich was not hot. Poor performance after a promising suggestion.

Visited June 2014
John N, General Manager at Barking Frog, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hello LNSguy, Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. It sounds as though we missed the mark on several levels, so please let me apologize for the unsavory experience. I would like to invite you back to try us again during lunch or dinner. I believe you'll find the experience and selection more enjoyable. Please feel free to contact me directly and I hope you'll give us another try. Thank you

Sammamish, Washington
“Nice Jewel in Woodinville”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had the enjoyable experience of having brunch at Barking Frog yesterday in Woodinville. I was treating a friend for a belated birthday brunch. I did make a reservation and we were seated promptly and although there was not a visible wait, the restaurant was full. I had the crab benedict with a mimosa and my friend had the breakfast burrito, they were both excellent. Service was good and the wait time for the food was not overlong.

The noise level was high, we had several large parties around us, but were able to converse because we had side by side seating at a table for 4. But if you were at a longer table it would be difficult.

The crowd was a good mix of older couples, younger with babies, and people that were perhaps staying at Willows Lodge.

The prices are a bit high, but the quality of the food and service compensated.

A nice place for a family celebration!

• Visited June 2014
Redmond, Washington
“Easter brunch”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stopped by for brunch after Easter services down the road. The meal was delightful and served efficiently for a group with young kids to seniors. From pancakes and French toast to dun genesis crab eggs Benedict the selections are all prepared very well. The prices are a bit high but the location of the restaurant did not make this a surprise. The willows lodge is a wonderful getaway but not inexpensive to stay.

• Visited April 2014
Harrison, Arkansas
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We ate breakfast twice and lunch once during a stay at Willows Lodge. The French toast melts in your mouth, and the eggs Benedict is excellent, too. If you eat dinner or lunch, try the Grand Mariner Prawns--loved them! We had dinner at The Herbfarm, and it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Next time, we'll stick with the Barking Frog.

Visited June 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Great brunch, but spendy”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was determined to come back here because I had the most magical memory of eating huckleberry pancakes and drinking a latte on a sunny day out back by the pond. I came back, and it wasn't sunny - it was raining cats and dogs - and this time, we ordered the huckleberry pancakes again along with the breakfast burrito for some variety.

Well now I have TWO magical memories of this place, including both huckleberry pancakes and the most insane breakfast burrito I've ever had. It was so good and the flavors were so complex - really delicious mango verde salsa - OMG. it was just too good. I couldn't even tell you who would win in a fight, it would just be a day of delicious foods battling out in my mouth and I'd love it.

It's pricey - when my bill came and I saw a $6 latte made it onto m bill along with $15 pancakes and $16 burrito I was like hoooooooo! Damn. But you know what? WORTH IT. (OK, maybe not the latte, but the food - yes).

Visited April 2014