“OMG”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Woodland
Vancouver, Canada
“OMG”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

On a high note, the Japanese man was very kind. It was late and again on my long journey I had to find a MOTEL for my dogs and me. It was now almost midnight way to late to be driving. I found this motel and HAD to take it. The first room he recommended had NO parking at all let alone in front of my room which i requested so back to the lobby i went. The second room had one of the beds taken apart! and only a base remained so back to the lobby i went again. He apologised blamed it on house keeping which was fine. So attempt #3 turned out ok..The rooms are so dirty so out of date, cracked bubbled toilet seats and just gross. No way I was sleeping under the covers.. I slept in my clothes on top of the bed. The internet code didn't work.. i phoned him 3x now 1am and he blamed it on my computer..? In the morning I was so anxious to leave I didn't even wash my face I just packed up the dogs and fled!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank LoliB818

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Stanwood Washington
Reviewed 17 February 2014

First, we do not like making harsh reviews but this had to be said.

The good is David is a really nice owner/operator. He is pleasant, direct, showed us our room in the snow and we'd stay here again believing our room had to be a freak anomaly but we'd preview the room before offering a credit card next time.

The exterior of the motel, office, parking lot and area was flawless and perfect for a Motel 6. The rates were very fair parking adequate and again, the Owner/Operator was great upon registering. The motel is directly across the street from I-5 and has great access yet was extremely noisy from our room - all night long with semi trucks and trains.

Once in our room, the overwhelming intense stench of cigarette smoke was the strongest my wife & I have ever experienced, anywhere in the world we've traveled. The carpets were absolutely filthy with ground in food, gum, stains, spills, tons of cigarette burn wholes throughout the entire room and a vacuum had not been run under the bed ever as it had over an inch of standing dust, hair, environmental, etc.. There were long black hairs in the shower/tub floor, the tub had cigarette burn marks on the top rail, there was urine on the toilet and feces under the toilet seat. The sinks were chipped badly & rusting, one of the lamps did not work, one of the electrical outlets was non functional and there was no coffee maker or refrigerator in the room. One of the two bed linens/sheets were stained with what appeared to be blood/coffee/??? and the entry carpet was wet 4' in the front door due to the snow/rain where entry rugs or carpets should have been placed or a note not to take your shoes off. We were all so uncomfortable with the lack of cleanliness of the room that we all slept in our clothes and only took our shoes off to get into bed after my son made the mistake of taking his shoes off soaking his socks from the previous guests that stayed.

If the room / motel was updated, this could have been a 3-4 star motel stay for travelers.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the motel are quietest. North & South side rooms are loudest. Previe...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TheBlueMax
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear TheBlueMax,

Travellers are raving about these Woodland hotels

Sixes, Oregon
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is a converted motel to motel6, we stayed here a few years ago when it was an independent. It has VERY LARGE rooms, and a Fitness room(not usually found in Motel 6s) AND FREE INTERNET. Large, looks like 28" Televisions, AND A BATHTUB.

Some rooms have microwaves and Fridges.

Good convenient location off I-5 and Pet friendly.

Room Tip: some rooms have microwaves and fridges
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Erika1972,

Thank you for your great feedback! and thank you for staying with us once again. We try our best to make better place for our guests and no words can express how much great feeling I feel to see our guest, like yourself, had pleasant stay with us.

Your feedback will strive our staff members to keep trying their best to make better stay for you in future.

Once again, thank you for choosing us to accomodate you and your amazing feedback!

United States
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here with my family, and we were looking for a clean, quiet room. Not found - as there were people talking / shouting / loughing through the walls the whole (!!) night. The carpet was really not new, and there was no coffee maker in the room, although this was mentioned in the brochure. Next time at a Motel 6, I will take a look at the room before checking in ....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nielsbb
Dear nielsbb,

First of all, I apologize for your unpleasant stay at our motel and thank you for your feedback. For future, please let us know when there are other guests being loud and we will take responsible and make actions to make sure all the guests at our motel have a pleasant stay. I & our staff memebers try our best to satisfy our guests with room conditions. We do have plan to start our renovation of rooms soon to become better motel so that our guests have better stay.

Once again, thank you for your feedbacks and I will share these with our staffs to make your stay better in the future.

Wapato, Washington
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was trying to make it to Tacoma, but was just too tired. Pulled off I-5 and paid the rack rate of $55. Two clean queen beds, lots of towels, and hot shower made it good enough by my book. There was a bit of gang-type graffiti on the shower enclosure, and the TV wasn't a flat screen, but the bed and shower were fine.

Room Tip: When staying at a cheap motel, I've been told to stay on the 2nd floor. Meth cookers like the 1s...
Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RegularGuy13
Dear RegularGuy13,

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you had a good stay and I will share your feedback with our staff members to make sure your stay will be better than good enough in future.

Thank you again for giving us chance to accomodate you and please visit us again in future.

Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I spent less money staying in a hole in the wall and it was beautiful by comparison! 5 minutes after we got there someone from the front desk was banging on the door saying they had to put the smoke detector back up. Why was it down? No coffee maker, burns in the blankets, stains in the toilet. WIFI? Right! I had to go to McDonalds across the highway to get wifi! This place is a joke. Burn it and don't bother rebuilding!

Room Tip: Don't bother wasting your money, sleep in your car instead!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jeff N
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear nielsbb,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and noise conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Bothell, Washington, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

As another reviewer said, this property looks fine enough from the outside, but once we got into our room, it was a different story. The paint on the walls was chipped and peeling, there were mysterious lumps under the carpet in several places, the smoke detector was hanging by the wires, and the microwave and fridge were dented up and dingy. The towels were thin and cheap, and there were stains on the linens. The bed and pillows were terribly uncomfortable - I don't expect much from a cheap motel, but this was even worse than usual. We came down for a concert at the Clark County Fairgrounds, but should we do so again, we will choose a different motel even if we have to pay a little more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shel T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland
Best Western Woodland Inn
Lewis River Inn
Lewis River Inn
#1 of 3 in Woodland
Americas Best Value Inn St. Helens

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!