“Great breakfast before our Mt St Helens hike”

Best Western Woodland Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woodland
Seattle, Washington
“Great breakfast before our Mt St Helens hike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed here the night before hiking Mt St Helens. We were two couples in one room. The room was more than enough space for the four of us as we prepared our gear for our hike the next morning.

What was awesome was going to breakfast at 6AM and uncovering more than enough calories to hold us over for quite a few hours before we really had food on the mountain. Definitely make yourself a waffle - it was super yummy.

I agree with other reviewers in that it was hard to find, but if you have more than one person in the car, just have them be on the lookout while the driver takes you to the general vicinity. Worked fine for us, although it is odd to feel like you're driving to a back alley.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank GreenStarfish
Rhonda O, General Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Dear KarenGH,
Thank you for you kind words. The staff here at the Quality Inn & Suites take great pride in our newly renovated hotel.
We offer a full breakfast at our Corner Cafe every morning including sausage gravy with biscuits, scramble eggs and waffles and much much more.

Rhonda Olney
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Eugene OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Stayed here after climbing Mt St Helens (about an hour's drive from the Monitor Ridge trailhead). A decent place to stay for a reasonable rate; good sized room and comfortable bed, everything very clean. A bit tricky to find as the address appears to be for a vacant lot between two industrial looking buildings in a dark area...but in the back of the lot is a small sign and when you drive into that "vacant lot" you do find the hotel beyond it. A small quibble that breakfast would have been improved by some fruit or yogurt and perhaps some whole wheat bread for toast (but there were pastries, materials to make waffles, white bread, white english muffins, cheerios and fruit loops, biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs). The internet worked fine and the clerk made sure we had a room with a good signal. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with good wifi signal if that matters to you; they're not all the same.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KarenGH
Rhonda O, Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thank you for your comments.
We are trying to improve the hotel access, but in accordance with the city regulations we are limited.

I would like to invite you back to stay with us again. And I will make sure the fruit basket is full of fresh fruit.

Sincerely
Rhonda
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

We reserved at this hotel because of the positive TripAdvisor reviews and the reasonable rate. We arrived just after dark and the sign on the road wasn't lit up, which made it confusing and hard to find. Once inside, however, the place was immaculate and the rooms were spacious. Beds were comfortable. The pool wasn't open because of renovations. Staff were friendly. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Aaron B, General Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear SusanLow, thank you for taking the time out to write a review. The management does know that the two front signs are not on at night, we are currently waiting for the city to come out and inspect it as two electricians could not figure it out. The pool is now open!! Hopefully you come back at visit us here at the Quality Inn and Suites in Woodland.

Best regards,

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Please only read the reviews from April 2012 on...This is a first rate hotel with a top notch staff. We stayed here in May 2012 and the room was both comfortable and well appointed as well as very well priced!!!. The breakfast was a great way to start our day and the staff was friendly and professional. They were getting their signage up the day that we arrived so hopefully it is easier to find now...but that is no issue.

I wish Tripadvisor would remove the previous reviews because they have no bearing on this hotel know and I would hate for people to miss out on this place and I would really hate for their business to suffer because of these old reviews!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear marinemom99, thank you for taking your time to write a review. I also wish Tripadvisor would take out prior reviews because the property is under new management, new ownership, and we through a full renovation. Glad you found us but the signs have been finished, the pool is now open, and our building is currently being painted as I type. I hope you come back to stay with us at the Quality Inn and Suites in Woodland.

Alachua, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We booked a room from the net with trepidation due to bad reviews when this hotel was with Best Western. Arrived to meet John, an exceptionally friendly and helpful desk clerk, who recommended a decent restaurant and got us into our room quickly.

The whole hotel has been recently remodeled and everything is fresh and nicely appointed. Comfortable bed, good lighting, attractive furnishings, crisp linens.

If you need a base for Mt. St. Helens and the nearby National Forests, this is it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patti N
Aaron B, General Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Dear Patti N,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review and thanks for your kind comments. I will let John know that he was appreciated and hope to see you again!!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

As mentioned by other reviewers, Quality Inn in Woodland has new owners and was recently renovated. In all fairness, previous negative reviews don't apply and should be deleted.

We were in Woodland on business and needed lodging. We considered the three options listed here on TripAdvisor, and had stayed previously at the more expensive one. We booked a very good rate at Quality Inn through Hotels.com and were curious what we'd find.

Our non-smoking King room was just as nice, if not nicer, than our previous one at the more expensive hotel. We were very pleased with its cleanliness, design and quietness (set back from I-5). The only downside was the mattress: it wasn't the most comfortable.

We would stay here again, especially as it's convenient to where we're working, and we can save $30 compared to the other hotel. This is a huge difference for a small market like Woodland. Reading another review, I see their rate was $15 lower than ours, so Hotels.com may not be the way to go. Next time I'll call or try Quality Inn's website.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms face away from I-5.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Aaron B, General Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear KKucera,

Thank you for taking the time out and writing the review, I am sorry that the mattress wasn't comfortable and will forward that to the owner because we want our hotel to be the best in the city of Woodland. I'm glad that you were impressed with our rates because I try to set them competitively with the Quality Inn in Vancouver and Longview. I have tried to contact Trip Advisor if we can get the previous comments deleted because they really don't apply since we have reopened but since the hotel is not a brand new property they can't be so I encourage our guests to please write reviews so thanks for your wonderful comments and hope to you come back to visit us!

Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

The first thing that anyone reading these reviews needs to know is that this hotel just underwent a 2 million dollar remodel and reopened in April 2012 with new owners, new management, and new staff, so reviews prior to April 2012 don't really apply.

That said, we thought that the Quality Inn in Woodland was a great bargain for the price. For $50.99 a night plus tax, we had a very nice room with two queen beds. The room had new wallpaper, carpet, furniture, tub, lamps, chairs, etc. that were very nice for this level of hotel. It came with TV, microwave, refrigerator, phone, alarm clock/radio, hair dryer, WiFi, and air conditioning.

The service at the front desk was incredible! Abbey was very friendly and helpful. I couldn't get one of the lights in the room to turn on. She came in the room to check it out and discovered that the light was both burnt out and unplugged and solved the problem on the spot. Likewise, I commented on some spots on the bedspreads. While I have worked for a motel and know that some spots don't come out, and you can't throw away an otherwise good bedspread on account of that, I thought they would bother my boyfriend. Abbey offered to and then changed the bedspreads herself. Wow!

The room rate includes a cold continental breakfast of juice, cereal and milk, bagels and cream cheese, hard boiled eggs, and pastries, and also hot food: eggs, sausages, and gravy and toast. I did miss having fruit available, and if I came to breakfast towards the end of breakfast time, there was very little choice in the few pastries left. The first day, the concentrate in the orange juice ran out part way into breakfast, and the juice was practically like water. I also did not see the hot food until I'd eaten, as it is across from the main breakfast area. So, the breakfast was adequate, but could be improved. I can understand that since they are not very busy - they don't have their big Quality Inn sign yet to put out on the road to let people know they are there - it doesn't make much sense to have too much food, as it might go to waste. I could definitely have lived without the big TV in the eating area; this is a trend in hotels and motels that I despise.

Since they are not quite finished with the renovation, the pool, spa, and exercise room were not yet done. This didn't bother us, as we didn't need them this trip. It looks like they will be very nice when they are done. The lobby is very nice, and the buidling is very attractive from the outside.

The hotel sets back from the road and I-5, making it relatively quiet. It's in an excellent location with easy access to anywhere you might want to go in Woodland. We went to the Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens, which was less than 5 minutes away. Rosie's, where we ate several times, was less than 2 minutes. And the historic Cedar Creek Grist Mill outside of town was only 15 minutes away.

Parking was close and adequate. Be forewarned that this is two-story hotel without an elevator. I have a bad hip, and we were lucky to be on the ground floor where we could also use the luggage cart.

Overall, we were very pleased and plan to stay there again. It truly WAS the QUALITY Inn!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Writerwannabee
Dear Writerwannabee,

First of all I'd like to say thank you for choosing the Quality Inn and Suites for your night's stay. Also thank you for putting such a thorough review! I'm glad that Abbey was able to help you with all your needs, also would like you to know we now have fruit and also offer hot waffles. Our outdoor Quality Inn signs are actually being put up as I type this response so hopefully they will be done today or tomorrow. We are still working on the pool, spa, and the exercise room equipment is on order. I'm glad you had a Quality stay at our Quality Inn, we genuinely appreciate your wonderful comments and hope to welcome you back soon!

Aaron Bath
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver
Heathman Lodge
Heathman Lodge
#2 of 29 in Vancouver
Super 8 Kelso Longview Area

Been to Best Western Woodland Inn? Share your experiences!