Best Western Woodland Inn
Rodeway Inn(Woodland)
Lewis River Inn(Woodland)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubwafflesplace to stayhard boiled eggspotatoesvalue for the moneyquiet locationfresh fruitother hotelswould definitely stay here againbreakfast was excellentsmall signbreakfast areacourteous staffpleasantly surprised with the qualityvariety of breadsregular room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel is harder to find than you think! When you exit, there will be a sign pointing you to the right. Don't go right! Stay straight and you'll find it there next to the freeway!
This is a pretty standard place. The lobby smells very strongly like the pool; so bad I started coughing when I went in. Kind of an issue in the morning when the lobby doubles as breakfast room. Chlorine and sausage gravy is a pretty gross combination.
This place is not smoker-friendly, which is a bad thing for non-smokers too. Since there was no designated place for guests or employees to light up, everyone seemed to be smoking right by the entrance.
No complaints, but I'm not smitten either. Weak wifi signal. Pool had a floating thermometer that read 64. Creepy dude at the front desk. We got the suite and the water wasn't hot enough to really take a hot tub, so we had to go to the pool which was kind of a bummer.
On the other hand, the room was clean. There were lots of TV channels. The hot tub in the pool room was the perfect temperature.
If you go: the Oak Tree is nasty!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Rhonda O, Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Realist5, I am the new manager of the Quality Inn & Suites here in Woodland, WA. I have spoken with DOT and they have changed the sign you speak of. I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention.
We now have a designated smoking area, and the pool ventilation area is being taken care of.

I'd like to send you a personal invitation to come back and visit me soon.

Rhonda
Woodland, WA

Reviewed 3 September 2012

BUT everything went downhill from there. We called the hotel and asked for top floor, they said that was fine and they had a room to hold. So we go to check in and they tried to put us on first floor in the handycap room. WHY? then the check in proccess was a pain! their card reader wasent working, or computer perhaps, but it took 15 minutes to get the card info put in. Then we went to the room.. On the way I noticed the carpet issues right away. but thats not a big deal. SO we go in and looked in the "Guest Service" book that usually sits on the desk. IT HAD NOTHING in it. well a pizza flier. So no town info no restraunt info, NO check in, breakfast, emergency exit info.. literally it had nothing.. ok fine I'll hook up to the internet and look for local restraunt. The internet is not working. AND the connection we were told to use was named "Best Western" well it didnt work. We called front desk. We walked through the hotel trying to get the internet to work. NO luck. SO no local info no internet to look for info. We are not locals we are on vacation and we are wanting dinner. so the kid at the front desk was like "oh well" so no help there. The excersize room I looked into on the way to the room was simply ONE treadmill.. thats it.. anyway needless to say we called choice hotel and asked for help.. They called the hotel and asked them to cancel the reservation and refund the $ so we could at least get into another hotel. AND THEY DID.. the hotel sits in an odd location behind another building in a fenced in area.. like it is fenced in.. not a great driveway either.. NOTE we are not super picky people. but we do expect A LITTLE more from a Quality hotel.. NOT EVEN INFO IN THE LITTLE 3 RING BINDER.. come on! That would have helped a little!

Room Tip: find another hotel. Kelso WA or Longview WA just up the road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Rhonda O, General Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

My name is Rhonda and I am the new manager of the Quality Inn & Suites. I do thank you for your comments. I have filled the guest registries with room information. And there is a Visitors Information Center located in the lobby with all the local attractions and area maps.
Woodland, Washington is a great town with lots of recreational activities.

Rhonda - Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Our room was large, affordable, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. This location allowed us to explore the coast and get back to head for Portland the next day without wearing the kids out.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Let me start by saying thank you for your comments. We offer many different types of rooms to help accomodate your travel needs.
We do offer a full breakfast every morning including; waffles, biscuits and gravey, sausage and scramble eggs. And off coarse don't for get the muffins and cinnimon rolls.

When you pull into our drive way there is a canister in front of the fence that does belong to the company in front of us. We are currently working on moving this canister so there is clear visability of the property.

Again I want to thank you for your kind words.

Rhonda - Manager

Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed here the night before hiking Mt St Helens. We were two couples in one room. The room was more than enough space for the four of us as we prepared our gear for our hike the next morning.

What was awesome was going to breakfast at 6AM and uncovering more than enough calories to hold us over for quite a few hours before we really had food on the mountain. Definitely make yourself a waffle - it was super yummy.

I agree with other reviewers in that it was hard to find, but if you have more than one person in the car, just have them be on the lookout while the driver takes you to the general vicinity. Worked fine for us, although it is odd to feel like you're driving to a back alley.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GreenStarfish
Rhonda O, General Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Dear KarenGH,
Thank you for you kind words. The staff here at the Quality Inn & Suites take great pride in our newly renovated hotel.
We offer a full breakfast at our Corner Cafe every morning including sausage gravy with biscuits, scramble eggs and waffles and much much more.

Best Regards,

Rhonda Olney
Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Stayed here after climbing Mt St Helens (about an hour's drive from the Monitor Ridge trailhead). A decent place to stay for a reasonable rate; good sized room and comfortable bed, everything very clean. A bit tricky to find as the address appears to be for a vacant lot between two industrial looking buildings in a dark area...but in the back of the lot is a small sign and when you drive into that "vacant lot" you do find the hotel beyond it. A small quibble that breakfast would have been improved by some fruit or yogurt and perhaps some whole wheat bread for toast (but there were pastries, materials to make waffles, white bread, white english muffins, cheerios and fruit loops, biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs). The internet worked fine and the clerk made sure we had a room with a good signal. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with good wifi signal if that matters to you; they're not all the same.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenGH
Rhonda O, Manager at Best Western Woodland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thank you for your comments.
We are trying to improve the hotel access, but in accordance with the city regulations we are limited.

I would like to invite you back to stay with us again. And I will make sure the fruit basket is full of fresh fruit.

Sincerely