“One of the best places under $ 100”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lewis River Inn

Lewis River Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodland
GreenLeadersBronze level
“One of the best places under $ 100”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was very pleased with the clean up dated rooms, the Wi-Fi that they provide actually works and is faster then my 4g, I would highly recommend this inn as a no brainer, I was so pleased this is the first review I have ever written.
Greg Powell from Salt Lake City

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel the night before a charter fishing trip. We had a second story room with a balcony overlooking the Lewis River which provided a relaxing view after a long day of hiking and sightseeing. We were checked in by the hotel's owner who offered discounts we hadn't thought of and gave great advice on some nearby places for dinner. We felt like he genuinely appreciated our business and took a personal interest in ensuring we enjoyed our stay. The room was spotless and had all of the amenities you would expect to find at one of the major brands. The hotel appeared to be recently renovated. The bed was very comfortable, the room was quiet, and the heating/AC worked well. We will definitely stay here again if we have another opportunity to visit this area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Concord, California
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We spent the night at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised when we walked into the room. It was very clean, and there was a deck right outside our room which had a view of the Lewis River. We sat on the deck for a while enjoying a glass of wine and watching the Canadian geese and Mallards swimming by. After a long drive from California, this motel was very quiet and relaxing. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, it was just a really pleasant experience over all. There's a Mexican restaurant across the street from the hotel where we enjoyed a meal and a drink at the bar. The food was very good and at a convenient location. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a river view and deck on the ground floor. There's several rooms that b...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jaye S
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I normally stay at chain hotels such as Marriott and Hilton type properties. I was told to stay here because I was making sales calls in the area and it would be easiest for me to stay here. I was a bit nervous because it's not a chain mentioned above. However, this property was great. My room was nice, I stayed in a room that looked over the river, very spacious. It was spotless, bed was comfortable and everything about it was great. I highly recommend this property to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AGRandy
Menasha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This hotel was close to where I needed to be for business the next day. The price was right, the room was large and the TV was easy to work. There was a Chinese restaurant next door with excellent food and the check in and out was a breeze. There was construction at the entry and the workers and hotel staff took extra care to protect the guests. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Second floor might be helpful since this is an older two story property with exterior entrances.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2012

You would never know it from just driving by, but this is a very quiet and peaceful place to stay. The rooms on the end are river front and have private sitting areas where you can watch ducks, otters, and the occasional boat float by. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Several restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one of the river front rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank floridada
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We spent a night here and on that particular trip it was my favorite place we stayed. Most of them cost a great deal more money. The location next to the river is great, its a beautiful town (at least along the river). Everything you might need is right near the Inn, there was a great Mexican place across the street, gas, its all right there. Its easy to find getting off the interstate, although getting back on requires an unusual drive around. We drove up the road along the river and it is a very scenic drive. Historically, Woodland and Ariel is the area were DB Cooper bailed out of the hijacked jet with $250K back in the 70's, some of the money was found in the Columbia river right near Woodland. Its near Mount St Helens, and that is an interesting area, most of the damage from the major eruption is no longer visible. Visiting the volcano is seasonal and is the roads are usually only open during the warmer months. Currently the volcano is not visibly active.
The rooms were nice, typical, they were clean and well stocked. We were there off season and at first my room smelled a little musty, but some fresh air fixed that up. The shower had reasonable water pressure, which to me is the most important part of a hotel room. When we go back this is were we will stay, I am not sure I can articulate more fully why, but I felt really relaxed (or maybe comfortable) there.

Room Tip: The closer to the river is further from the road.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland
Best Western Woodland Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Longview
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kelso/Longview

Been to Lewis River Inn? Share your experiences!