“Good place to stop for the night”
Review of Lewis River Inn

Lewis River Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Victoria, Canada
“Good place to stop for the night”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

The Lewis Inn was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning, while limited in its options, had more quality items. For instance, my cheese bagel actually tasted like something. Yogurt was refrigerated, which I appreciated. Though I didn't notice until morning, it seemed like there was a patio overlooking a river that looked really pretty. I'd stay here if I'm ever passing through again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Maggie D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
BC, Canada
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Hubby and I stayed here in October 2013. He was down in Woodland for business and I had a chance to tag along. Having worked in the hotel industry long ago, I know what I like and what I don't like! Have to say, I was impressed with this little motel in the heart of Woodland. It's basic, but very clean and tidy. If I had to complain about anything for my stay it would be the beds are a tad stiff for my liking, but then again, I like a soft bed :) The housekeeping staff was very friendly and did a great job. Hubby had the complimentary breakfast but I didn't as it was mostly bread based and I am gluten intolerant :( All in all, I would highly recommend this motel if you have need to stay in Woodland.

Room Tip: We stayed on the main level, however, I wouldn't mind checking out the rooms on the river side n...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PussycatBC_Canada
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had a pleasant stay at the Lewis River Inn. It's privately owned which was a nice change from the major chain hotels we've been staying in during this trip. I had my doubts when I saw a group of young people who were long term guests (construction workers?) but my doubts were unfounded. We had a quiet, restful stay.

Except for the carpet which could use a cleaning, our room was squeaky clean. The bed/mattress/pillows were soooooo comfortable.

There was a recliner in the room as well as microwave/fridge. We had an accessible room which was fine except for the fact that there was a bath tub of standard height.

Breakfast was standard which suited me fine. There was coffee/tea, juice, bagels, English muffins, and pastry.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DrBabs65
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I paid a little bit extra in order to reserve an upstairs king room with our own balcony overlooking the Lewis River. It was well worth it! Our room was large and clean, with half-fridge and microwave, and our king bed was the most comfortable bed we slept on during our whole vacation! Our balcony did indeed overlook the lovely river. We sat outside on the balcony, watching small fishing boats come and go, until dark-thirty. In the morning, the shower head came off in my husband's hand, right before a terribly loud fire alarm went off. The ringing lasted for almost ten brain-numbing minutes. (The cause? someone burned a piece of toast in the breakfast room.) The new maintenance person didn't repair our shower, but offered to let us take a shower in another room. Continental breakfast was about average, in a small room in the registration area. But even with all of this going on, the cleanliness and comfort of the room and bed, as well as the enjoyment we shared overlooking the river, still made this a place where we'd gladly stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KeyOnTheCoast
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were traveling Interstate 5 at 9:00PM and were really tired. All the big chain hotels were full so we took a chance on this place. Wow, what a surprise. Clean, quiet, efficient, and friendly for $67 a night. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Goodness4you
Medford
Reviewed 24 July 2013

On our trip we stayed in 4 motels. This was by far the cleanest, most comfortable and friendliest of all. We had stayed once before on a trip north and were pleased at that time so remembered when we decided to find a place to stay this trip. It was a long drive from Canada and we were so glad for a clean friendly facility!! We took 4 rooms and all of us were pleased with our rooms. Thank You

Room Tip: If you are needing a room near Woodland, Washington pick this one. You will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank DianeMedford
North Logan, Utah
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed for two nights. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. It is not real fancy but very nice. We had no issues at all. The price was slightly high for the type of room but it was worth it. I was disappointed they did not have an AARP discount while they did have a AAA discount. Most places have both. The location is very good. Easy on and off of the freeway.

Room Tip: Reserve early
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland
Best Western Woodland Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver
Best Western Plus Battle Ground Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Longview
Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek
Super 8 Kelso Longview Area

Been to Lewis River Inn? Share your experiences!