“Very Good Value”
Review of Oxford Inn Yakima

Oxford Inn Yakima
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Clemencia Check us in and made us feel very welcome at the Oxford Inn. The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home. It is Clean Comfortable Affordable place to stay. Breakfast in the morning and coffee & juice drinks available all day. Many restaurants close by.
Wayne & Shay Wood

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our single night stay lives on in our memories. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and the manager came out and kept dropping the price as we equivocated about the cost until we HAD to stay and, boy, were we glad we did. A raging river ran under our balcony (plus those of every other room) and the windows wide open gave this wonderful cadenza to lull us to sleep in the comfortable bed in a unit with microwave and fridge so we ate in and saved big! Loved the sense of humour at the desk - not often found when booking a hotel. Orders for luggage stands and extra pillows were rapidly fulfilled. What more could we want? Price was very good for the value we received. Great stopping off place en route to Mts Rainier and St Helens.

Room Tip: We think all face the river but check just in case as this is a big plus to us. Ours had a fridge an...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited during Memorial day weekend. There was a baseball tournament in Yakima apparently and several families with players were staying in the hotel. Other than the morning we were leaving, we didn't hear any other guests (children or otherwise) around our room. The continental breakfast wasn't the best, but it was adequate.The breakfast area was very crowded, but I think this was just due to all the baseball families having to be heading out around the same time. The staff was friendly and helpful (except the lady who was handling the continental breakfast on Sunday morning-she was abrupt and impolite, acting as though the guests were in her way and a complete inconvenience-but she was the absolute exception!)

Our room was on the 4th floor and the view over looking the river was amazing. It was so relaxing to just look out and enjoy the river flowing by. Napping to the sound of the river and the people enjoying the walking path was really terrific. If I could have gotten the chair and ottoman out on the balcony, I would have napped outside! I would stay here again in a heartbeat for the view alone!

The pool was small, and the hot tub was nice, and after 7:30 pm or so, there was barely anyone out there. (Around check-in time, it seemed crowded on the first day, but that was the only time.)

One word of advice, though: bring your own pillows. As seems to be the trend in hotels now, the bed had four odd square pillows that didn't give at all when you lay on them...not even during a full night's sleep, so I was headachy from the odd angle my neck was in while sleeping.

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor-for the views and the quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1997ChrisL
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have always had courteous service at this hotel, Grace, Clemencia, and all of the staff of the inn. The setting of the inn is restful, and the outdoor patio, where you can sit and watch the river flow by, is great. You can sit there, and enjoy the beauty of Yakima.

I have stayed at this hotel several times, and have called ahead just to make sure that they have a room available.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. Ask for a view of the river, and a balcony overlooking the Yakima River...
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Several weeks before our event, we started our inquiries into different hotels to stay at while we were attending the annual 2014 Rotary International District Conference in Yakima. Not only were the email inquiries responded to in a timely manner, but the tone of the return emails was exceedingly friendly and the general manager, Christina Barnes, was amazingly helpful. Based on that experience, we booked two rooms for May 2-4. We had no idea how far from the convention center we were, but it didn't matter to us. What a pleasant surprise to discover later we were less than 2 minutes away! Our initial impression upon arrival was favourable. The staff were friendly (some even said hello as we boarded the elevator) and answered all our questions with smiles on their faces. The rooms were dated and quiet but clean, with no spots on the carpets and the bathrooms were clean-smelling; it seems all rooms are on the river side of the property so we heard no road noises at all. We were impressed with 24/7 access to coffee/tea/juices, not at all like some of the larger chains where only coffee and tea were available 24/7. The only thing that was a negative was the lack of reception of their wifi despite my being assured several times by different staff that their wifi was working - it didn't matter where in the hotel I was (lobby, my room, in the parking lot); the only time it worked was on arrival day. (I was assured about 3 weeks later by the general manager that the problem will be mitigated soon). On departure day we discovered a dead car battery. Grace Chin at the front desk was most helpful and Harry Fassett in maintenance was a Godsend in getting us up and going. Recommend it? You bet! Will we use the hotel again? Again, you bet!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are on the river side of the building so there is no apparent road noise. There a...
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I always stay at Oxford Inn when my travels take me to Yakima. Easy to get to, close to the convention center, and a lovely setting right on the beautiful Yakima River. The staff are universally friendly and helpful, it's nice to have the breakfast right there, and the rates are reasonable.

Room Tip: All rooms face the river, lovely balconies with the sound of rushing water.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I had no idea what to expect with this hotel. I've stayed in some doozies in Yakima. This hotel was absolutely lovely. My only complaint is the smoking. I was enjoying my dinner from the good Mexican restaurant next door and was sitting on the balcony enjoying the river. And then the plumes of cigarette smoke came wafting up. Ruined my dinner and had to go inside. So many hotels are smoke free now...I really hope oxford inn gets on board. It tainted what was otherwise a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014