“Dirty and too much money for what you received”
Review of Oxford Inn Yakima

Oxford Inn Yakima
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 29 July 2014

They said all rooms were nonsmoking but our room smelled like it had been a smoking room in the past. There were cobwebs above the bed with lots of small black bugs in them. We asked for another room and it was better. It did not smell but there were cobwebs above the tv no bugs though. Decks of both rooms were dirty.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rnc25
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience and for taking the time to talk with our General Manager, Christina Barnes. We value your patronage and hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

When we arrived at the hotel the power was out (all over yakima). The staff found us flashlights and helped us with our very heavy luggage. The power did come back on about 20 mins after we arrived but the cable and internet never did work while we were there. The view from our room was amazing. The river was so close it almost seemed like you could reach out and touch it. Room was clean and the breakfast was small but what they had was tasty.. bagels, yogurt, fruit, toast, cereal etc. We did have a rather serious issue happen in our room while we were there. We brought it to the staffs attention right away and he apologized. There wasn't too much that he could do as the general manager was not in for 3 days (long weekend 4th of July) We did manage to speak with the GM- Christine the following Monday and she was amazing. They comped our room and is sending us a half off voucher for our next stay. Although the issue was very serious they made up for it with excellent staff, and efficient action. I can't wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: rear of hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Great value, very clean. The pool was a great addition on a very hot July day. I asked for a river view on the ground floor and got it. Enjoyed watching deer across the river.
Good breakfast in the morning including make your own waffles.
Good Mexican restaurant next door. Pick up 10 percent off coupon in the hotel lobby.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank napiligal
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I first arrived in Yakima in late March of this year. Even before checking I felt this would be a good experience based on the reservation process and conversation. Since then I have not been disappointed. The front desk staff is awesome: Clemencia, Grace, Tony, Sean and Melody have gone above and beyond to make sure everything provides a great stay; from making sure the room is clean and comfortable, to always making sure I get the mail from home and packages in a timely manner, and providing information on sites to see and places to visit. They have also found a way to provide housekeeping services in line with my schedule. Because I work nights, they make sure my room is serviced early in the morning, usually even before I get home from work. I have been here since late March and will be here at least until mid-September. In all that time, they have provided excellent and professional service; they truly care about the guests and how to make their stay enjoyable and pleasant. They have always been gracious and eager to provide the best service. Not because this is their job but because they truly care. They have been warm and welcoming and accommodating in so many ways. Kudos to them all. They truly are the epitome of excellence!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you! We really appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience with others. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The Oxford Inn is located conveniently off the freeway. Although the front of the hotel face an industrial area the rear has beautiful view of the Yakima River. The sound of the river is very calming: there's a paved path asking the bank making the whole experience very relaxing and enjoyable. Try to get in my room along the north side of the hotel with a river view but avoid rooms by the ice machines: the machine on the first floor is very loud so avoid room numbers 133 to 141.

I found the rooms clean and of higher value than what is normally expected in a hotel the added touches like the curved shower curtain rod the interesting aromas of the lotions, soaps and shampoo is an added touch. You could tell time, effort and thought was put in to make the guest's experience memorable.

At the time of my stay the wifi gave my device a warning message so I did not use the wifi provided at the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great hospitality and service during our weekend stay in Yakima. Hotel well maintained inside and out and pricing was very attractive. Having direct access to the main riverfront bike/running path was a nice bonus!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I arrived on 28 June ,2014 and Daryl and Tony were very accommodating even thought they only had an executive king and a smoking available.. Since I have asthma, smoking room was out...I had explained that I had seen on the trip advisor.com that for 5 days it would have been $514.00. Since I had to stay 9 days ..So at $83.00 a day for $747; but it wound up being almost $1000.+ taxes for 9 days.
Apparently the rate had been for the suite next door... All I can say is that if it weren't for the staff; I would have left...the power outage didn't help... The staff like Clementia, Tony, Grace, Melody and Daryl were all very personable, professional and Accomondations... The housekeeping staff, especially Kimberly was totally attentative.... Thanks to all... I only wish I had the queen suite from day one instead from Tuesday thru Monday...
It would be nice to update the Inn because popcorn ceilings aren't great to look at...please update all mattresses cause a lot of them sink in around the edges and in the middle of the bed.. Maintenance personnel were always there in a quick response.... Thanks...
Dee C..