“Great stay, great price, will be back.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sun Country Inn Yakima

Sun Country Inn Yakima
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Kent, Washington
“Great stay, great price, will be back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

Although I was worried after reading some of the older review, I liked the price. We showed up and the the Front Desk Clerk was super friendly and quickly checked us in. While the rooms are obviously older, ours was bright and clean. The room had minifridge, microwave and hairdryer. The bed was very comfortable and when I requested extra pillows they are supplied right away. The shower was great also, lots of pressure and good spray pattern, and the hot water was almost instant and always available. The breakfast was good considering it was free, boiled eggs, frest fruit, bagles, bread, muffins, 4 kinds cereal, milk juice coffee and tea.
I highly recommend it and will stay there again next time I go to Yakima. It was next to a Best Western and the only difference in the BW had coffee makers in the room and Sun Country Inn was less than half the price.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Glowdaddy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

If you're looking for no frills and just plain comfortable and clean rooms, this is the place. They have affordable prices and you really get your money's worth. They offer free internet, breakfast, and evening snacks. And the 24 hour front desk, always has someone available ready to help. Very friendly staff!

Our familiy definitely plan on coming back here again soon!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank glee123
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

I stayed here a year ago during the dog days of summer. The room was adequate, staff friendly...I had just about everything I needed. I thought I had booked a smoking room, but was given a non-smoking room, which is ok because I could just step outside for a smoke. I will certainly be back next time I make it to Yakima!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank RobbyDean
Shelton, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

I stayed @ the Sun Country with my fiance and 2 year old son this summer. Our single room (since my son slept in his play pen) was only like $45 since we were first time guests, which is very affordable since we were on a low budget impromptu vacation. We were also able to pay $10 for an extended checkout time, 3pm, which was GREAT! We didnt have to get right up in the morning and leave. Our room was VERY basic, but for $45 what more did we expect. It was outdated, but very clean. The staff were friendly, as well as the guests we spoke with during our stay. The pool was great, since it was 105 degrees when we were there, and out AC turned our room into a refrigerator. :) Also, we had our chicuahua wuith us and the pet fee was only, $6, versus the $29 we paid the night before at the Best Western. (in addition to a $99 room, which was newer but not any better than our room at Sun Country). Overall, we had a great stay and my fiance has stayed there 2 times since while on business trips to the area. I wouldnt risk trying any other motel in this price range. Sun Country is clean, basic, and very affordable. They are in the process of making upgrades liek fridges and micros in every room, and weve never gotten a room without either. We plan to stay again as a family in late August.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank tonielle1027
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

From the moment we drove up we knew we shouldnt have tried to save a few dollars. The parking lot was full of people "hanging out" swearing and partying went on ALL night in the parking lot. In the morning I found vomit and beer bottles on the stairs. The walls were very thin and it was difficult to sleep. The bathroom had mold on the walls and the floor. The "Award Winning" breakfast consisted of prepackaged suger..Twinkies, ding dongs, honey buns, and donuts. Nothing warm. And nothing healthy besides about 4 bannanas. I got the feeling this was in the "bad" area of town. Def. not a place to take the family. On a positive note the hi speed internet worked and it was pet friendly.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Jorpeyt

Travellers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2010

The Sun Country Inn is a great place to stay. It's quiet, the rooms are nice and everything is clean. The front desk people will bend over backwards to help you. I stay here every time I'm in the area and in need of a room. And they also have smoking rooms so if you don't like smoking roome just stay away so they keep having smoking rooms.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Click865
yakima
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

i found the staff to bend over backwards to make you feel at home,was very surprised at what a wonderful continental breakfast with a wide variety of choices.rooms were very clean and comfortable. very nice and clean heated pool was able to sunbathe by the pool with no disturbances would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to yakima i will be back

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple