Sun Country Inn Yakima
  • Pool
US$138
US$127
US$122
Oxford Inn Yakima(Yakima)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$124
US$155
TripAdvisor
All reviewsboiled eggsmount rainierconvenient locationbed was comfortablecontinental breakfastyogurtmotelfridgedeskhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2010

From the moment we drove up we knew we shouldnt have tried to save a few dollars. The parking lot was full of people "hanging out" swearing and partying went on ALL night in the parking lot. In the morning I found vomit and beer bottles on the stairs. The walls were very thin and it was difficult to sleep. The bathroom had mold on the walls and the floor. The "Award Winning" breakfast consisted of prepackaged suger..Twinkies, ding dongs, honey buns, and donuts. Nothing warm. And nothing healthy besides about 4 bannanas. I got the feeling this was in the "bad" area of town. Def. not a place to take the family. On a positive note the hi speed internet worked and it was pet friendly.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Jorpeyt
Reviewed 25 February 2010

The Sun Country Inn is a great place to stay. It's quiet, the rooms are nice and everything is clean. The front desk people will bend over backwards to help you. I stay here every time I'm in the area and in need of a room. And they also have smoking rooms so if you don't like smoking roome just stay away so they keep having smoking rooms.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Click865
Reviewed 12 June 2009

i found the staff to bend over backwards to make you feel at home,was very surprised at what a wonderful continental breakfast with a wide variety of choices.rooms were very clean and comfortable. very nice and clean heated pool was able to sunbathe by the pool with no disturbances would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to yakima i will be back

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sexymomof3
Reviewed 28 March 2009

Affordable place to stay with friends or family. The breakfast and evening snacks have a wide variety of choices. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank traveler12366
Reviewed 29 April 2008

I looked on line but only saw a couple of negative reviews. I saw the note from the owner asking people to give them a try again. I thought it was worth a shot maybe I could give them a good review to help them out. My opinion is that the staff was fairly helpful on the phone when I called to ask questions. We encountered a problem late at night when we tried to go to bed and it was quickly resolved with the staff. The beds were not the most comfortable but I have had worse also. The cleanliness was just not there. I specifically asked about the pool when I booked the reservation but when we got there we were told it was closed as it is outdoor and not heated. We paid additional money to a business two doors down to use their facilities but that did not work out either. The breakfast was the worst mess I have ever seen. It was Little Debbies snacks out of boxes, cold cereal with milk, hard boiled eggs, and a can of peaches dumped into a bowl. They need to change their advertisements until they bring it up to par. I will be visiting Yakima every weekend for the next few months and I will looking for other hotels but with much more caution this time. I won't say never again but I won't be back anytime soon they need some work.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Notthiscookie