“Good stay but some problems”
Review of Budget Inn Yakima

Budget Inn Yakima
Budget Inn Yakima
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I was pleased with my stay until my second night when people next door stomped around on the outside walkway at 2 AM. They REALLY need to re-inforce the walkway, my BED was bouncing at 2 AM. The toilet kept plugging, and it seems every Motel6 I've ever visited does this. The shower was awesome as usual. I love that there is no shower curtain to deal with. Water nice and hot. Heater was quiet, had had a problem with the last few stays at other hotels, so it was nice. Bed was ok, but I didn't sleep well because of the noise of people stomping and talking next door as well. Sure miss the coffee in the morning in my room that other motels have. TV was not clear on a few of the channels. They need to put the lamps down further so someone can read and then without getting out of bed, turn off the light. The door that adjoines to the other room (locked) lets a lot of noise in from the other room. Hair in the shower that wasn't mine. Think they could clean a little better. Other than the occasional train (only heard the first night) and stomping last night, it was fairly quiet...a little bit of road noise, but my heater running softly drowned out that noise. The internet worked well, I had wireless in my room for my laptop. No charge. Not sure I'll stay here again as the toilet issue is really getting annoying.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank traveller20074

Reviewed 20 January 2010

We had a reservation at Motel 6 for the night of Nov.19, 2009. We have stayed in this site before with our dogs and no hassle. But on the 19th of Nov. we were told our reservation was not accepted as we had dogs. This was at 9:30 PM, not a great time to search for a new motel that would take dogs. I contacted Motel 6 customer service and they apoligized and offered to send us a free-night stay certificate, it is now almost 2 months and it has not arrived. They "can't" send me another one until the original one is returned -- sounds bogus to me (and the Post Office), as does their reservation system and customer service. We will never use Motel 6 again, and recommend others with dogs not to also.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank venout
Reviewed 27 September 2008

Motel 6, Yakima, WA. This hotel is fairly clean but very budgeted. The room was very small. The bed is pushed against the wall so you have to climb over the other person to get out of bed. The area is scary. Some of the rooms are padlocked. Security officer was walking around all night. That helped. The bedspread looked like something that comes out of a kids room. Tolitries are very limited and no hair dryer. Was convient to expressway.

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank smarks1
Reviewed 15 June 2008

If you do not want to spend over $100 for a room at the Red Lion/Clarion/Ramada, then stay here. Remember, you are in Yakima, not Palm Springs! This Motel 6 is exactly like every other Motel 6 in the country. Basic, clean, and cheap. We paid $45 for one night and $50 for the other (Fri/Sat). The bar across the street is LOUD, and you will hear it on Thursday and Friday (probably Saturday too) night. There is quite a bit of road noise, so ask for a room in the rear building, not facing the road. I give this 3 stars for a Motel 6!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GiddyPants
Reviewed 3 August 2007

Well, we were very disapointed with the town of Yakima, but it was a spur of the moment stop off. The Motel was clean, not many channels on the TV, Air con was quite loud. But all off this was fine for the price (not too bad.) The only problem I had was the front desk checking in, she couldnt seem to understand that as a resident of England, I didnt have an american address for there system, Lucky I do have a relitives address over there, thank god or I think her head would have exploded with the problem. Over all I wouldnt spend more than a night there, but it was alright.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pace142
Reviewed 21 May 2007

First the picture on the internet was not even the same Motel. Rooms are very small. Walls are very thin (noisey). People were walking through the parking lot all night long, I know because with the single pane windows I could hear everything. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. What can you expect for $50.00.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bgbfox
Reviewed 29 August 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Motel 6 in Yakima both on the way to see my parents and on the way back.

I asked for a non-smoking room, but when we went into the room it reeked horribly of pipe tobacco. I went to the front desk to ask for a different room. They gave me a key to a different non-smoking room and incredibly it smelled worse. I returned the key to the office and asked them why all the rooms smelled so bad. Their explanation was that they had just remodeled and smoking rooms are now next to non-smoking rooms - and the smoke leaks through the walls.

The television was so old that every channel looked sort of purple. The bed was not very comfortable, the pillows were super flat. The room was hot so we turned on the air conditioner and it smelled like mildew. So we opened the window and waited to cool down for an hour before we could sleep.

Once the room did cool down we both kept waking up because the blanket was too small for two people. I find it ironic that in their office lobby they have an article hanging on the wall about how wonderful the amenities are at the new Motel 6 in Dallas, TX. I think they need to bring a little of that southern charm to central Washington.

As bad as it was, the price was low so we stayed there on the way back home and the experience was no better. They don't provide any sort of continental breakfast and they didn't have any decaf coffee. So, thanks and goodbye Motel 6. I don't think I'll stay at another one ever again (unless I'm in Dallas). If I need to save money I will pitch a tent. It would have been better, fresher, and the neighbors would probably not have been playing loud rock music at midnight.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business