“Probably don't want to stay here unless”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
“Probably don't want to stay here unless”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

What can I say but gross dirty and disgusting. Split box spring with condom wrappers and God knows what else. Towels that looked like poop was smeared on them, blood and mold on ceiling, electrical wires hanging and exposed, leaking refrigerator,ants everywhere, stunk like smoke and body odor, broken ice machine, and continental breakfast was a loaf of bread bonus was real life cops out your motel window but if you like that kind of good time this is the place for you

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank kaydensnana48

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
West Richland, Washington
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We decided to stay last minute and this was the only place available. Now I know why. It was dirty, noisy, and actually it was a little scary. Paper thin walls. I will never stay there again. I would drive back and forth the tri-cities before staying athere gain. He knew there were 4 of us and we only got 1 to towel. All I can say is nasty.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank SportsDad_oh_yah

Travellers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was the worst hotel I have ever seen, The room was very dirty and stained, There was pubic hairs on the sheets thick dust on the TV and stains all over the carpets, It was a Non-smoking room that smelled of smoke and even had ashtrays in it. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!! The Health department needs to shut it down!

Room Tip: DO NOT Stay Here Ever!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 688Traveler
Middleton, Idaho
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Tent by the freeway overpass would have been just as good. First time i have seen a plastic craft table as a desk. Holes in the walls were patched and never repainted. Front desk called a 1am to inform me he miss charged my credit card. I should have known when i signed a paper stating no refunds after 15 minutes....

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Rabidflee
Lake Country, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2012

There were hairs in the sink, the tub and the bathroom floor. The bedding was clean, but the bed was thin and I felt the springs. There was a lot of traffic in the hallway all day and all night. The swimming pool was closed (probably for public safety reasons). There was no breakfast the next morning and the coffee was tasteless. I took a shower but put washcloths on the bottom of the tub because I was afraid to stand on it. Keep looking, don't stop here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ramblinglibrarian
LITITZ
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Run! This is one nasty hotel. My daughter and I had stayed at an Econo Lodge in Portland Oregon a few nights before, and for the cost it was still a nice, clean hotel. It also had a very nice self serve breakfast bar. The Econo Lodge in Yakima was a DISASTER! Dirty (I had long hairs on my pillow. ugh!), gross, unclean bathroom, a lamp with the light bulb hanging over. We weren't expecting anything high end, but even for the price it was downright nasty. Compared to the breakfast in Portland, this was a joke. A bag of bread and the crumbs of Fruit Loops. There was no coffee and no one around to ask to make any. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to stay. I'm just happy we didn't pick up any bugs from this place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jill0753
East Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 16 May 2011

WOW !! Stayed in many hotels in my life but this one takes the awful prize! When we checked in they had us down for staying 12 nights when it was only 2...they swiped my credit card first before they said ,"Oh you are not staying 12 nights" So on my credit card there is a hold for over $500. They swiped my card again for just my portion of the stay plus 20% hotels hold till you check out. Argued with the man at the front desk that spoke the best of broken english that night ~the next morning(check out) and then again later in afternoon. Got my credit card person on the line with them and they tried explaining that he needed to release the 2nd hold and all the hotel man could say" trust me it will all go away tomorrow" WELL its tomorrow still have over a $500 hold but 2nd hold did turn into my portion of the stay .Credit card co says it will remain there for 30 days unless they reverse it. No one speaks or understands good enough english to get them to understand. If I wanted to save over $500 for 30 days I would have opened a savings acct. The lobby stinks like rotten something...the beds are like sleeping on card board....there is drug and prostitution in and around hotel...the pictures on internet are of some other Econolodge... there was more than one person in the lobby that morning at check out with complaints or extra charges....SO watch out for these con artists!!!!! BEWARE...IF YOU STAY THERE ONLY USE CASH!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business