“Great Mini Vacation”

Economy Inn
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
“Great Mini Vacation”
Reviewed 22 March 2005

When my husband returned home from his military duties, we stayed at Nendels. Their location was next to the freeway entrance so, we were close to everything, clean rooms, excellent customer service, and great value compared to others, and my kids loved their indoor pool.

• Stayed March 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 4 May 2004

When my wife and I went to the wine tasting tour we stayed at Nendels. It is an older motel, but the room was decent. It was nice that the swimming pool and hot tub was indoors as well as all the rooms. Gave a safer feeling atmosphere.

If you are looking for a place to stay that is comfortable and affordable, I would recommend it. It's no DoubleTree or Marriott, but I thought it was a good value.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 May 2004

We stayed in Nendels ,The night of the Dog show.
Motel 6 was full and recommended them.
IT was horrible. there was 7 of us so we had to get two rooms. The one room the handle to the shower fell off in our hand, The mattress had blood stains all over the side of it... The sinks leaked bad and then when you used them there was nothing but rust that almost looked like blood... The rooms had mold. the carpets were black with dirt.
There was hole in the bathroom that looked like a peep hole of some kind. The door had a wide crack to it so anybody could break in..there was hair in the bathtubs and then the next morning we found bugs in our kids bed...They were worried about our dogs in those rooms .. well needless to say I had come home and wash my dogs... I have pics that I took with my digital camera and trying to find out where I turn these people into.. if anybody knows please send me info.. besides the BBB. It is a serious health hazard... oh and they told me plain out that they didn't care and yes you are stuck there with the no refund policy. Plus there was no where else to stay . everything was full...anybody that wants pics feel free to email me....

• Stayed April 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Reviewed 1 March 2004

I have done a lot of traveling in my life. This place is the worst experience I have ever had. The carpets and interior are totally shabby and unkept. It appears that they have not been cleaned in years. I had my daughter keep her shoes on in the room for fear of what she might catch. Walking into our room, we could smell the mustiness. That was before the heat was even turned on. There were cup rings on the table and corn chips on the floor from the last guest. The bedding looked dirty so we went to walmart and bought our own to cover the sheets. The light over the table kept flickering out. It was a problem with a short, not a bulb. Our phone lacked a face plate (it did work) and you could see all the wires. We had to stay two nights (unfortunately) and guest service was non-existent. We had to ask for fresh towels (4 towel maximum for 3 guests), our garbage wasnt dumped or the room wasnt even made up. If there was an opening in another hotel, we would of been out of there. Any complaints or requests were treated with little or no common courtesy. The front desk attitude was very "take it or leave it". It was obvious that we were being "held hostage" by their no refund policy. I would definitely tell someone considering this hotel to keep looking.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 June 2003

We had to cancel a reservation recently at the last moment. I had a feeling that there would be a cancellation charge and was willing to pay that. But the situation was, upon calling in the cancellation we were told that we would have to pay for the first night, was not asked our names and then the guy hung up on us. We called back and the gal that answered the phone appologized and told us that we would not be charged. The next day my credit card account reflected the charge. I called back and got the manager. I was told that they would never have told me that I would not be charged. And that there was nothing that she could do about it. I commented that their customer service could use some upgrading and that the group that I was suppose to be with that did stay at the hotel were not all that happy. Her closing comment was this is a place of business. And I am running a business here.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 April 2003

This is undoubtably the worst hotel experience that you could ever have. The hotel staff is complete trash and the hotel quality reflects that. The manager of the hotel is no better than his staff and if you want to be treated as though you really don't matter, try meeting him to discuss your distaste with your treatment by the staff. The first room I was in at this establishment had a useless air conditioner and was noisy, so I requested a different room as I left the first morning after a poor nights sleep. Upon arriving that night I found I had no room (yes, I had paid for two nights in advance) and was extorted for an extra ten dollars to acquire a different room for my second (and last night ever) at this establishment. Why did I stay the second night at all? A NO REFUND policy and the group I was with was staying there are the only two reasons I can think of.... If you are still considering staying here, I advise you to sleep on the street.... it would be preferable.

• Stayed April 2003