“Authentic and Tasty North Indian Food”
Review of Taj Palace

Taj Palace
Ranked #14 of 260 Restaurants in Yakima
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This little gem in Yakima is much better than most Indian restaurants in Seattle. Definitely worth a visit in you're in Yakima. We had an early dinner on a weekend. We had to wait for a while since they wanted to give us a nice window seat. The service was fast and friendly once we were seated. Veggie pakoras accompanied with cilantro and tamarind dipping chutneys were delicious, though a bit oily. Chicken tikka masala, paneer, raita, and naan were all great, and the portions were very generous. I would recommend the chicken tikka masala, it is prepared using the traditional recipe by first making the chicken tikka in a tandoor and then simmering the tikkas in gravy.

1  Thank olopSeattle

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The odor was very strong. It smelled like day-old rice which was left at room temperature in summer time. I personally do not think food like that should be served to customers. That was the worst cooked rice we've ever had at any restaurant. We ordered 2 dishes with the same type of sauce, one was good but other one was salty.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Came back from a long trip with nothing in the refrigerator and had friends from my 50th college reunion in town. It was Sunday and this was open. As it has had good reviews and having only been here once before we decided to try it again. The food was actually quite good but was a buffet and I felt like I as at a country buffet of Indian food. Youcan order from the menu but was not the kind of dining experience I like. Our Comapany went back for seconds so I guess it was alright.

1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Looking for a quick, excellent, friendly, quiet place for lunch? Taj Palace is the place! They serve a daily lunch buffet that is amazing! We love the Dal Tadka/lentils, Navratten Korma,Butter Chicken and fresh Naan. I like the salad too and add mint chutney. For dessert you can have rice pudding or mango pudding. Stop by Larson Gallery down the street, then lunch at Taj Palace for a perfect mid week date!

2  Thank Slmartin105
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Taj Palace has some of the worst Indian food I've ever eaten. In place of rich spices you'll find salt, lots of salt. Our meal was not tasty, and not at all authentic.

Been to Taj Palace? Share your experiences!