“Great Value”

Quimper, WA
“Great Value”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

A Great place to stay.
Nice Bfast, nice evening reception Great Beer on tap.
Right on the Yakima River with a great view.
Public trail with nice running and bike lanes.
Friendly staff
Easy to get to off the freeway.
Here on business, but great place for couples or family.
Places to eat close by.

Room Tip: Great views of the river on the upper floors.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Kent, Washington, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2012

This hotel in Yakima is one of the best if not the best one in the city. Great staff, reasonable rates, wonderful view rooms with plenty of space plus good breakfast each morning. Indoor swimming pool that is heavily used by the kids.

Room Tip: No room service but nearby restaurants. Future plans are to add a restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 September 2012

NIce people, clean with a good location. Rooms are nice with great view of the river.
kind of a strange keys set up ( just takes a little while to get use to)
enjoyed the breakfast and cocktail hour in the evening sitting by the river with friends.

Room Tip: Don't use the mexician restaurant near by terrible service
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden and the Marriott Fairfield and find the Hilton over priced and the Marriott just below the Oxford suites. The Oxford has a better breakfast and a free evening drink or two which is nice. Also the river location makes it nicer.

• Stayed September 2012
Yakima, Washington, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The willingness of the staff and management to meet with my partner and I to discuss the new program Kitchen Table Connection that has been introduced to the community was the final seal on the choice to locate the home base for this program in Yakima County.

If you go to Yakima and don't stay here you might as well just stay where you are because this place is classy, clean, and oozing customer service.

Room Tip: Once again the staff at the front desk. were amazing and I would list all of the individual names wh...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This actually was my first time visiting the Yakima area. My husband and I were just passing through and wanted to stop into Yakima to visit some wineries. I was told to look on trip advisor to see hotels in the area and how they were rated; Oxford Suites was rated number one, which was one of the reasons why we chose to stay here. Let me tell you that was such a great decision! This hotel offers a fantastic evening reception, and breakfast was delicious. I especially loved being able to take my dog out along the back area and walk along the river. I also really appreciated the girl at the front desk (Tasha?) who went out of her way to make sure we got the best deal on our room. The only complaint I have is the room next to us was a bit loud, I'm not sure if the walls are too thin or if they were just extremely loud. Other then that, I would love to come back and visit next summer!

Room Tip: If you have a pet like we did, I would suggest getting on the first floor because it makes for great...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rachel B
Smithfield, Utah
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This was our first time staying at an Oxford Suites hotel and I will say that it won't be the last. My family and I were very much impressed with our accommodations at this Oxford Suites and very much enjoyed our stay there. The room was so clean and comfortable that you did not feel as though you had to keep something on your feet at all times. It was so clean that you could easily feel comfortable walking around bare foot! Each room at this location has it's own view and balcony overlooking the Yakima River which is also a nice touch. The only thing our room did not have that I would have liked was a small refrigerator to keep things cold such as medications that need refrigeration. The morning breakfast was yummy and filling and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms are good and they all have a river view. We did notice one family with an anima...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Yakima, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate the words of praise. We wanted to let you know that each of our rooms has a mini-refrigerator. In some rooms, the refrigerator is located behind a cabinet door, beneath the TV, and perhaps that is why you did not see it. Remember that you can always call our front desk team, if you are in need of anything, and we'll be happy to help you. Thanks for taking the time to comment - we look forward to your next visit!