“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Tacoma, Washington
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

How nice to stay at a hotel for business where they recognize you and greet you by name...almost makes working in Yakima fun. The rooms are perfectly suited for business travelers and the beds are almost as comfortable as home. The walking path along the river is right out their back door which is a great way to start or end your day.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms located in the middle away from the elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rosemary W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Goldendale, Washington
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Julia the night auditor was awesome! My call to your property @ 6:30am was answered with a very cheerful good morning. I was not a guest at the property, however my sister and her family were. It was my nephew's 13th birthday and I just wanted to let him know we were thinking of him on his special day. I stated my request to Julia and she was very willing to work to help me. My request may seem small ~ but it was the thought that counted and Julia was all about that. She went to the gift shop and got a birthday card and placed 13 pennies in the card to help with a tradition that my husband and I have ~ a penny for every birthday. Sometimes the little things in life that someone does makes a world of difference. I applaud you Oxford Suites for a wonderful employee who was all about Customer Service. Thank you Julia for going over and above with a beautiful attitude. :-)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon B
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 7 June 2014

6-3-14 From the moment we walked through the door until we left we were treated like we were VIP's. Sarah Davila, Sari Bender and the entire staff were absolutely delightful. There were eight ladies in four rooms and not one complaint!!! What ever we needed was supplied and very quickly. The complimentary breakfast was very nice and we sat outside in the sunshine looking at the river. Oh so lovely. The cocktails (complimentary 2) in the evening were also a nice touch. They have a lovely, level, walking trail right on the river. Very picturesque, Mt St. Helens in the back round. The staff were all so willing to help with ideas, directions and just to make sure we were having a good time. They even offered to have someone drive and us follow so we would not get lost. I have never been offered this service! We were able to navigate on our own with their directions. We will be back again, for sure! Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sari S
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Yakima, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thanks for commenting! We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and glad you were able to find your way safely. We look forward to serving you again!
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed 7 June 2014

In Yakima, Washington we often stay at the Oxford Suites.The hotel is always immaculate. The breakfast is varied,ample and fresh. At check in you’re given coupons for free breakfast and drinks at happy hour. You can dine in or outside next to the rushing river where,if you’re a birder,you’ll see swallows doing loops and turns that would shame a Top Gun pilot. If you stay on the top floor you’ll have some of the most amazing close encounters with swallows. We saw red wing black birds, eagles and, this time, a young heron. In the past we’ve seen grebe’s but we expect they have migrated north for the breeding season. At this fine hotel you can set outside and walk for miles on a paved path next to the river.

Our room, 414 had a sitting room with TV and our bedroom also had a TV and CD player.

The wifi provided excellent connectivity. When I didn’t quite use my computer as well as I liked I called the front desk and “Alex” was shot out of a cannon to our room. Alex solved the problem in short order, which came about because of a error I had made. Alex is very knowledgeable, polite, helpful and makes a good impression.

A few days before we arrived we called Oxford Suites and spoke to Jeanine at the front desk, requesting early check in, so we could rest up before the graduation of our granddaughter. When we arrived Jeanine had our room ready for us. Jeanine is the epitome of exemplary service.

Room Tip: Stay on 4th floor for best view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vei1962
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Went over to Yakima with eight girlfriends and stayed at the Oxford Suites . The staff bent over backwards to help us. They made our trip very enjoyable. Breakfast is included in the rate with also two beverages in the evening. There was also free parking and free WiFi. What more can you ask for. The assistant Manager Sarah was wonderful. You can't go wrong by staying there.

Room Tip: Have a room looking over river.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank funkielady2014
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 June 2014

After reading reviews here on Trip Advisor, we chose to stay at the Oxford Suites while in Yakima for a baseball tournament for our son. Our whole team (11 families) stayed here and I didn't hear a complaint from anyone. Clean and comfortable, for sure. The customer service was wonderful, from check-in throughout our stay. Housekeeping was super helpful...from bringing extra towels to our room to letting us into the pool when we forgot our key, they provided service with a smile. The drink coupons (2 per adult per night) were a really nice bonus...my husband's beer was a great local brew (Bale Breaker) and my chardonnay was tasty. We would take our drinks outside onto the patio and enjoy them while our kids played in the grass. The park that's down the trail a ways is great, too...we walked there every day. The complimentary breakfast was enjoyable. The scrambled eggs were made with real eggs, my kids liked the sausage and hashbrowns that were served, as well as the biscuits and gravy. The fresh fruit was good, although it would have been nice to see more of a variety, i.e. cut up melon, pineapple, strawberries, etc. Only thing I would add would be individual yogurts, as that's an easy protein for some of my more picky kids. :) The salad & rolls served in the evening were average, but we all enjoyed the soups and there was a nice variety, each night was different. The bartender 2 of the 3 nights we were there (wish I could remember his name...I know he was the supervisor), was great...friendly & just the right amount of chatting while mixing/serving your drinks. Front desk was always helpful...gave us a free movie & popcorn the night we checked in, just because. :) We also requested a pet-free room, as we have severe allergies, and they were very accommodating in that regard. We were 1 of 3 teams staying there over the long wknd, but the hotel's service never suffered, even though they were almost at capacity. This was our first time staying at an Oxford Suites and from here on out, I will be looking to book with them first, whenever we are traveling. It was a great experience for all of us.

Room Tip: If you have pet allergies, request a pet-free room...the hotel was very accommodating.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim C
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Yakima, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We really appreciate the feedback and will share it with our team. We look forward to seeing you and your baseball team again soon!
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 19 May 2014

To be honest I wasn't expecting much from this hotel. The reviews read nice and I figured it would be better then the alternatives so why not? Holy cow was I wrong! Between the clean rooms, friendly staff, and amazing Bistro I can say, without a doubt, that is has been one of the most enjoyable hotel experiences I have ever had. I will be using this hotel again in the future and will be recommending it to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JoshBowen
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Yakima, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the very near future!