“Excellent customer service!!”

Oxford Suites Yakima
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I came into town on Sunday with my two Boxers and wanted a quiet room with a view. I had time to spend in the morning and heard there was a nice view and River walk.

Josh, working reception last night, was extremely helpful. He checked me in whole taking calls and hanging the callers courteously as well. Not a tinge of frustration in his voice. This young man was so well spoken and professional...I hope they know what they've got there.

Had a lovely stay. The room was well appointed and having a cafe in site that was still serving was a God send. When traveling with dogs there is so much you need to do to get your bags in, then walk dogs if you've been driving a while, then feed them, then find your own food...you often don't get to your own dinner! I hate tossing the dogs back in the car after I check in somewhere, while I hunt down dinner. The hotel server put my sand which in a tray and up I went to watch TV in the sitting area of my King suite, while my dogs snoozed. Perfect.

They loved the River walk the next morning too. One bit of advice might be to provide a waste can near the River path so guests have somewhere to toss waste. It's a shame to bring it back to the cans near hotel entrances? I noted a sign up the path warning that weed killing chemicals were sprayed on the River side embankment recently by the city and it might be nice to let pet owning guests know to just let their dogs veer off the path on the hotel side on the grass.

Great stay!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank reeganr

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was going to a conference and booked a king suite room here. The price was less then the hotel I stayed in last year and I got a view of the river here. It is just a little further to the conference center but so much more relaxing. The room had a sitting area that I could close off from the bed area. Nice balcony. I was able to get a great breeze in the room. It had a microwave and small fridge. The only thing I would suggest is that instead of plastic bathtub kits that they put is tile and nice tubs. The staff were great too. I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great choice for a friend and me and two dogs. Very nice connecting rooms, walking path along river out the sliding doors, reasonable prices and good food at Bistro to go with the salad and beverages included in room price. Quiet and convenient to Hwy 97. And pleasant and helpful desk and service staff!

Room Tip: Lower floor really convenient with pets.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank cdecker693
Reviewed 10 June 2014

How nice to stay at a hotel for business where they recognize you and greet you by name...almost makes working in Yakima fun. The rooms are perfectly suited for business travelers and the beds are almost as comfortable as home. The walking path along the river is right out their back door which is a great way to start or end your day.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms located in the middle away from the elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rosemary W
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Julia the night auditor was awesome! My call to your property @ 6:30am was answered with a very cheerful good morning. I was not a guest at the property, however my sister and her family were. It was my nephew's 13th birthday and I just wanted to let him know we were thinking of him on his special day. I stated my request to Julia and she was very willing to work to help me. My request may seem small ~ but it was the thought that counted and Julia was all about that. She went to the gift shop and got a birthday card and placed 13 pennies in the card to help with a tradition that my husband and I have ~ a penny for every birthday. Sometimes the little things in life that someone does makes a world of difference. I applaud you Oxford Suites for a wonderful employee who was all about Customer Service. Thank you Julia for going over and above with a beautiful attitude. :-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 7 June 2014

6-3-14 From the moment we walked through the door until we left we were treated like we were VIP's. Sarah Davila, Sari Bender and the entire staff were absolutely delightful. There were eight ladies in four rooms and not one complaint!!! What ever we needed was supplied and very quickly. The complimentary breakfast was very nice and we sat outside in the sunshine looking at the river. Oh so lovely. The cocktails (complimentary 2) in the evening were also a nice touch. They have a lovely, level, walking trail right on the river. Very picturesque, Mt St. Helens in the back round. The staff were all so willing to help with ideas, directions and just to make sure we were having a good time. They even offered to have someone drive and us follow so we would not get lost. I have never been offered this service! We were able to navigate on our own with their directions. We will be back again, for sure! Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sari S
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thanks for commenting! We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and glad you were able to find your way safely. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

In Yakima, Washington we often stay at the Oxford Suites.The hotel is always immaculate. The breakfast is varied,ample and fresh. At check in you’re given coupons for free breakfast and drinks at happy hour. You can dine in or outside next to the rushing river where,if you’re a birder,you’ll see swallows doing loops and turns that would shame a Top Gun pilot. If you stay on the top floor you’ll have some of the most amazing close encounters with swallows. We saw red wing black birds, eagles and, this time, a young heron. In the past we’ve seen grebe’s but we expect they have migrated north for the breeding season. At this fine hotel you can set outside and walk for miles on a paved path next to the river.

Our room, 414 had a sitting room with TV and our bedroom also had a TV and CD player.

The wifi provided excellent connectivity. When I didn’t quite use my computer as well as I liked I called the front desk and “Alex” was shot out of a cannon to our room. Alex solved the problem in short order, which came about because of a error I had made. Alex is very knowledgeable, polite, helpful and makes a good impression.

A few days before we arrived we called Oxford Suites and spoke to Jeanine at the front desk, requesting early check in, so we could rest up before the graduation of our granddaughter. When we arrived Jeanine had our room ready for us. Jeanine is the epitome of exemplary service.

Room Tip: Stay on 4th floor for best view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family