I have for a long time avoided booking Holiday Inn Express. The reason is that their prices seem to always be higher than other hotels within the same star level. But, I have always wanted to try Holiday Inn Express.
My recent trip gave me a chance. Their price was competitive in Yakima, WA.
Check-in was smooth and courteous. There was a microwave and a small refrigerator in the room. The room was O.K., with some exceptions.
The Express Start breakfast was similar to other hotels. Nothing greater than some other hotels while at the same time not any worse.
The exceptions: T.V. was not mounted straight. The chair at the desk was worn and ripped with foam padding bulging through the split. Water minerals were collecting on the commode and an ugly streak was beginning to show (an indication, to me, of shoddy cleaning).
The doors to the room and the bathroom were in disrepair. The luan paneled doors were peeling off at the bottom (not a desirable appearance for a nice hotel).
This is what floored me - After a day of touring, we returned late (after dinner time) one afternoon and found that the room had not been cleaned. We reported this to the front desk. The front desk offered to have someone clean the room (but it was too late for us - we were tried and wanted to rest without any disturbance). So, we did not accept the offer to clean. The person at the front desk NEVER apologized. Instead they made an excuse that the room number written on the work sheet looked like 222.
The next morning we checked-out. I told the front desk about my desires to try Holiday Inn Express. I mentioned the problem we had about the room not being cleaned and that I was disappointed with Holiday Inn Express. She listened and had no response. It’s amazing to me that NO ONE apologized for not cleaning the room.
I would choose another hotel if I were to return to Yakima.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel!Ideally located near the heart of downtown Yakima, we are just one block from the Yakima Convention Center, with quick freeway access. The Holiday Inn Express Yakima is your 'Gateway to Wine Country', with numerous local wineries to choose from throughout our Valley.While staying at the Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel, you will enjoy our complimentary, expanded deluxe continental breakfast, featuring hot and cold food selections, such as omelets, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruits, cereals, and of course, our famous cinnamon rolls!This Yakima hotel will help maintain your exercise regime in our fitness center. Swim year round in our indoor pool or relax in our hot tub.Whether you are staying with us for business, pleasure, or both, you will find our free, wireless, high-speed Internet access convenient for any situation.Attractions near hotel: Yakima Convention Center, Yakima Valley Wineries, Yakima Sundome, Apple Tree Golf Course and the Seasons Performance Hall.The Holiday Inn Express Yakima. Stay Smart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, IHG, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Yakima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Yakima Hotel Yakima
- Holiday Inn Yakima
- Yakima Holiday Inn Express