Holiday Inn Express Yakima
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$128
  • Pool
US$138
Orbitz.com
US$127
Oxford Inn Yakima(Yakima)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$166
US$125
Hotels.com
US$155
US$90
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskpancake machinepeaceful stayfreshly baked cookiesbottled waterroom was cleandecent stayquiet locationhotel staffwithin walking distancewe've stayedthe breakfast areabiscuits and gravyin towneach morningshower headhie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel while attending a conference at the convention center nearby. The sheets were covered in hair. I saw a maid coming out of a guest room and the door had been closed. They are supposed to keep the door open so it makes me wonder what she was doing in there. But the big issue for me was that I left my computer charger behind and they will not help me. I have called multiple times and they say they will talk to housekeeping and call me back. They don't call and will not even tell me if they have it. I have done this before at the Oxford and had my charger returned to me in less than two days. Warning here is once you check out you are not worth their time. I will never stay with this hotel chain again as there are too many others out there with excellent service for the same price.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Laemilyrenee
Luis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Laemilyrenee:
I am so sorry to hear you've experienced those kind of issues with us. I apologize for all the inconveniences. I assured you this is not the way we conduct business, we are always looking for ways to keep improving. I really appreciate your feedback and we will continue on our efforts and work hard to keep providing great customer service.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We showed up around 11pm without a reservation after walking out on a disappointing reservation elsewhere. The two night front desk clerks were excellent. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast at the restaurant was good, but next time we will ask them to hold the salt. Just wish we had arrived earlier in the evening so we could have enjoyed the hot tub.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear D T:
Thank you so much for staying with us and for the fantastic feedback, we were delighted to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed your room. Thank you, again!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in the Yakima and this one was definitely the quietest and cleanest. The rooms are big with a well laid out open floor plan. They provide hot food throughout the day for example a hot breakfast with a very large assortment of menu items and potato soup in the evening. The biggest draw back is the tiny fitness center that only has three cardio machines and nothing else. Nice pool though.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Luis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Timothy L.
We are very pleased to know that your experience at the Holiday Inn Express in Yakima was very pleasant. I am happy to hear you got to enjoy many of our wonderful amenities and that you enjoy the comfort and cleanliness of your room. Thank you so much for your feedback, I informed my housekeeping department of your feedback and they were very pleased to hear they're doing a great job.
Thank you and we hope you come and stay with us again!
sincerely,

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I have for a long time avoided booking Holiday Inn Express. The reason is that their prices seem to always be higher than other hotels within the same star level. But, I have always wanted to try Holiday Inn Express.
My recent trip gave me a chance. Their price was competitive in Yakima, WA.
Check-in was smooth and courteous. There was a microwave and a small refrigerator in the room. The room was O.K., with some exceptions.
The Express Start breakfast was similar to other hotels. Nothing greater than some other hotels while at the same time not any worse.
The exceptions: T.V. was not mounted straight. The chair at the desk was worn and ripped with foam padding bulging through the split. Water minerals were collecting on the commode and an ugly streak was beginning to show (an indication, to me, of shoddy cleaning).
The doors to the room and the bathroom were in disrepair. The luan paneled doors were peeling off at the bottom (not a desirable appearance for a nice hotel).
This is what floored me - After a day of touring, we returned late (after dinner time) one afternoon and found that the room had not been cleaned. We reported this to the front desk. The front desk offered to have someone clean the room (but it was too late for us - we were tried and wanted to rest without any disturbance). So, we did not accept the offer to clean. The person at the front desk NEVER apologized. Instead they made an excuse that the room number written on the work sheet looked like 222.
The next morning we checked-out. I told the front desk about my desires to try Holiday Inn Express. I mentioned the problem we had about the room not being cleaned and that I was disappointed with Holiday Inn Express. She listened and had no response. It’s amazing to me that NO ONE apologized for not cleaning the room.
I would choose another hotel if I were to return to Yakima.

Room Tip: Google shows a route to the hotel off I-82 via N 11th St., be aware this is through a shopping center with speed bumps, stop signs and pedestrian traffic. A better way is off E Yakima Ave to N 9th St, then E A St
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear trvlg4ever:
I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience at our hotel during your stay. It is unacceptable you did not received an apology for the inconveniences you experienced. I personally wants to apologize for all of this and want to assure you my staff was informed about this review, Housekeeping and maintenance. It is my upmost concern to always provide great customer service to all of our guests. I am so sorry.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for a baseball tournament over the past weekend and I have to say it was GREAT. Staff was helpful, breakfast was ok and what I expected from a hotel breakfast and the rooms were clean. The hotel was also quiet - I know at least 2 teams of 15 year old boys were staying there.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor (main floor for walking in) and it was nicely located
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Seattle_review:
I am so delighted to hear that you had a great experience during your stay at our hotel. It has always been our goal to provide great customer service and it is always wonderful to hear through feed back how are we doing. I passed this along to the rest of my staff and they are delighted as well to make our guests happy. Thank you and we hope to see you again,