“Pass!!”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Seattle, Washington
“Pass!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Don't stay here. Everything was dirty and outdated. Staff was unfriendly. Internet didn't work in our room!! I'm a platinum member and they offered zero upgrades or even recognized our membership. Yakima itself isn't worth seeing. If you have to be here, stay somewhere else for sure!

• Stayed May 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Esayed84,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We truly regret to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. We would like to obtain some additional information and have sent you a private message.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I recently completed a 1 night stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Yakima, WA. Overall, this was a pretty typical HI Express property, and while there was nothing wrong with my stay at all, there was also nothing overly special either, and I don't think it was worth the room rate charged. The hotel is located just outside of "downtown" Yakima tucked back in a residential neighborhood. While not unsafe, I don't know if I would walk around the area alone at night.
The front desk staff was very friendly and check-in was smooth and easy. My room was on the 3rd floor and was of very nice size and was very clean and comfortable . There was a nice work desk with a comfy leather work chair. The free wifi was fast and easy to use. My only real complaint about the room itself is the lighting in the bathroom wasn't the greatest and made it feel really dingy. But otherwise, it was a comfortable night stay.
Breakfast in the morning was typical HI Express fare, which means super basic and barely edible. I usually stick to yogurt and toast as the eggs just look greasy and horrid.
Again, while there was nothing wrong with my stay I think my next time in Yakima I will shop around to see if there is a better value (Fairfield Inn, Hampton, etc....)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChewInRI
Luis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Rusttribe:
First, id' like to thank you for staying with us and I want to thank you for your very much appreciated feedback. I am sorry that your stay with us was not a memorable one. Even though you did not have any problems during your stay as you mentioned, I still want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations in every level of our service, from the check in experience to the breakfast and then towards your check out. I hope you can give us another try in the future.
Thank You again for giving us the opportunity during your last visit to Yakima.
Oregon
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Clean, comfortable rooms, friendly staff,. Good breakfast choices, pool open 24 hours and Noon check-out. The facility is very close to the convention center but two blocks off Yakima Avenue so it is fairly quiet. These aren't really complaints but there is only one elevator and it is tiny, and the driveway slopes dramatically as soon as you pass the front doors so if you have to park on that portion of the lot you will have that slant to deal with while getting in and out of your car. Overall, a very nice place to stay and we will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kolekona:
I am delighted to hear about your stay at our hotel through your valuable feedback. I can't thank you enough for your kind words. thank you for staying with us and enjoying all the pleasant conveniences our hotel offers: 24 hour indoor pool, free wi-fi, evening cookies and our delicious breakfast and starting April 30th more healthy choices will be offer, like turkey sausage, greek yougurt, a fantastic oatmeal station with healthy toppings and much more.
Thank You againg for your wonderful feedback!!
Bangkok
Reviewed 19 January 2014

got an upgraded suit with golden jacuzzi for only 95$ a night service was very nice and the location is right on the entrance to the city on route 82. there was some noise from the air condition in the bathroom but overall - great value for money

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Luis G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Shmulik C:
Thank you so much for your great feedback, I am so happy my staff was able to give you a complimentary upgrade, I want to let you know we did check out the noise you were taliking about and fixed. It is som important to received feedback from our guests because that will give us the opportunity to offer great service, We look forward to seeing you again
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 January 2014

General Manager helped change my room to the top floor. Clean, quiet. Breakfast Hostess spent more time talking to desk clerk than keeping the breakfast area clean and full. We stayed here in July 2012.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Elphaba:
Thank you for the very much appreciated feedback, I am glad you had a good saty and you were able to stay in a room to your satifaction. I am sorry my Breakfast hostess wasm't as attentive as she shoul be bu I want to assure you this won't happen to our guests again, I passed this message along to my Breakfast hostess and she is aware of it.
Thank You for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in our wonderful hotel!
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stopped in here on my way through Yakima and it was everything we expected. Clean, well maintained with all the amenities you expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Nice location, just around the corner from the Convention Center. I’d recommend people stay here instead of the Red Lion that usually gets all the convention center business. I’ll be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Luis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear GuyontheGo55:
Thank you so much for taking some of your valuable time to write a review about your recent stay with us. we always appreciate the feedback from our wonderful guests. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, the cleanliness and all of the amenities we offer, we look forward to seeing you again
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Nice clean, tidy and well run operation at a reasonable value. Everything worked well, including the pool, small exercise room, wi-fi, etc. Friendly folks and all around fine place. Breakfast could be better, but again it was quite adequate. We'll be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Luis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yakima, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Promomomo:
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, I am very happy to hear you had a good experience at our hotel while staying with us. I am delighted you found our facilities nice and clean and my staff being caring and friendly. Also, I'd like to let you know that we will be adding new healthy items to our breakfast in 2014.
Thank you for choosing us and please, stay with us again when traveling to Sunny Yakima.