“Good Value, nice pool”

FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed one night for a baseball tournament. Overall a good value. The rooms are good size and are clean, which to me is the most important feature no matter what the price. You can tell that the property was run down and is being upgraded. It is still pretty rough around the edges and I get the impression that the owners are upgrading the rooms and the property slowly. They said the hotel was sold out but the parking lot didn't represent that. The pools have been refurbished and are real nice. The staff is extremely helpful. I'd stay here again.
Pros: Value, clean, good staff.
Cons: most ice machines don't work. You need to search. The Dinner Buffet is not worth anything. Pretty bad. But what do you expect for free? The Lounge doesn't open until 7pm and you must pay a cover to get in, they have a " comedy " show.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Duckb0y
Nolan W, General Manager at FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you very much for leaving us a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the pools, had a clean room, and got to visit the Laugh Lounge Comedy Club. Our staff certainly appreciates your recognition. I do apologize that several of the ice machines were out of order, I assure you they are up and running again. Also I'd like to apologize that the dinner was unsatisfactory. If you have any suggestions to improve our menu please contact me, either by phone at 509-248-7850 or by email yakimahotel@gmail.com. We'll look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Nolan Watte

There are newer reviews for FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed there on a recent basketball tournament weekend with our team. Place was rundown but we had no idea of what we were getting into. The room we were in only had about 1/2 the outlets working. We requested two beds in the room but they were not available so we asked if we could get a rollaway. Front desk said they were first come first serve and we felt lucky they had one (it was terrible to sleep on but not necessarily unusual). They had told my wife the same thing about rollaways when she booked... Did anyone mention there was a price? NOPE!! Was there a price? YEP!!!!

Our room was not cleaned when we got back to the hotel on Saturday evening. We complained and were told by the front desk that all the housekeepers had gone home. I asked to speak to a manager who said, no we can clean your room... Great!!! Came back a few hours later and we got towels and that was it.

NEVER NEVER NEVER again... I can handle a place a little run down but I can't handle dishonest staff and business practice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GRSpokane
Nolan W, General Manager at FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear GRSpokane,

I truly apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. Although this is an older hotel our new ownership is working hard to change things around. Our customer service is very important to us and it is against our business policy to charge you for something without telling you about the cost first. Your feedback is important to us, I'd like the opportunity to talk to you about your stay personally. Please call me at 509-248-7850 and ask for Nolan.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here during a baseball tournemant. It was very obvious the new owners had taken over someone's headache. Most of, if not all of your normal luxuries of staying in a hotel were non existent or broken.The pool and hot tub were broken. The ice machines, wifi, door locks, and refrigerators in all our rooms were in need of repair. Your complimentary dinner and breakfast buffet, that is advertised, is only available to two people in your party per room. I'm not sure I would call jo jo's, fish sticks and a green salad a dinner buffet anyways. As far as location, well if you enjoy the view of people sleeping in the parking lot and bars on the windows of neighboring business's? Then this is the place for you. I could go on and on. If there was another room available that weekend, I would of paid double to get it!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Piratedadof4

Dear Piratedad,

I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. As a locally owned business we do strive to make each guest experience a good one. I sincerely apologize that you were unsatisfied during your stay. If I may address a few of the issues you experienced:
On that particular weekend several ice machines were under repair. However our 24 hr staff would have been more than happy to bring ice to your room had you called.
Our pools are out door and seasonal, unfortunately when you visit in the spring they will not be open.
The wifi can be hard to pick up sometimes on devices such as ipads or tablets. There are several routers throughout the hotel to make sure that everyone gets a strong signal. Our engineers have double checked the internet equipment to make sure everything is working correctly.
We do offer a breakfast and dinner served buffet style which changes nightly. On Friday nights in addition to the battered fish fillet, and jojo style potatoes we offer hot veggies, as well as a salad bar stocked with optional sides such as coleslaw, potato salad, macaroni salad, fruit, and cottage cheese.
Your opinion is valued and I would like to talk with you personally about your stay. Please call at 509-248-7850 and ask for Nolan.

Nolan Watte
Yakima Valley hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We remember this hotel from the '80's, when it was a beautiful Red Lion. Over the years, it has changed hands several times, with few upgrades. Now, as an independent operation, it appears that efforts are being made at restorations and improvements (new roof, new carpeting...).

We had a king room on our recent overnight stay, and the room was very large (Red Lion style) and recently re-furnished. Actually very lovely for the reasonable price. A microwave and refrigerator had been added, but there was no furniture to accommodate them, so they sat on the floor beside the bureau. And the TV has not been upgraded to flat-screen, though we had all the channels we could have possibly wanted.

The smallish bathroom still has the same 1980-something wallpaper, but the shower was perfect!

Outside, the grounds could use some work. But, to be fair, it was early spring, with pretty awful weather. Two outdoor pools were both drained for maintenance. But, again, it wasn't the season for swimming.

The restaurant/bar situation is truly interesting. The nice dining room I remember is now just a banquet facility. All food service is in the coffee shop area--and our room included not only buffet breakfast, but also (surprise!) dinner. However, it would be hard to describe the dinner as a "buffet," which implies lots of choices. We had fried fish, jo-jo potatoes, and a vegetable medley, plus a small salad bar. Tasty enough, but not what I would have chosen on an evening out. And we felt as if we were dining in a ghost town; there were no other diners, and two employees hung out somewhere in the back, but otherwise it was spooky quiet. Serve yourself, step behind the counter for a beverage, and bus your own table. And speaking of beverages, there is not a beer or cocktail to be had. The lounge only opens later, for a comedy show, with a $10.00 cover charge. We drank a beer in our room.

Wi-fi was free, and the signal sufficiently strong. We had a little trouble accessing it with our
i-Pad, but the girl at the desk was cheerfully and efficiently helpful.

Breakfast was pretty typical--cheesy scrambled eggs, sausage, and all the usual cold choices.

All in all, this was a great value, and I truly hope the new owners can return this hotel to its former status.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank agoneil

Dear agoniel,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. We really appreciate that you covered so many aspects of the facilities. I hope you get a chance to visit again when they pools are in season, we've just finished repainting them. To add further to your experience as a guest we've negotiated with the Laugh Lounge to offer 1/2 off of the admittance fee for all of our guests. It was really good to hear about your stay, we'll look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Yakima Valley Hotel & Conference Center Management

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed here when we came into Yakima for a family wedding in July 2013. I did not realize until today that I had never done a review. We were greeted well and I was quite pleased with this hotel that I have booked to stay here this coming weekend for another family event. The parking lot is large, It feels good. When last here, we had a lot of things to do for the wedding and we had alot of family in and out of our room. The room was large enough to accommodate the numbers. We even spent part of the day around the large pool. All in all a good experience. They have a nice coffee cart in the lobby available 24/7, which I appreciated. You cannot go wrong with this hotel whether for personal or business. Good wifi. I did not use the gym but it looked good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Acmeflower
Nolan W, General Manager at FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Acmeflower,

Thank you for remembering us! It's been a while since your stay and there's a few differences I think you will enjoy if you visit Yakima in the future. We offer a breakfast and dinner buffet now, and the fitness room has all new equipment as well, our lounge is now a comedy club open on Thurs, Fri, and Sat. We are under new owner ship and our business is now the Yakima Valley Hotel & Conference Center. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have stayed here in the past when it was the old Clarion and I will say when I made the reservation I was a tad bit worried. Unknown name, you never know who has taken over.
I will HONESTLY tell you I'm so Impressed by the New Ownership!
They are making lots of changes! A tall man greeted me when I walked in the door and felt so welcome. Checked it and got the room style that I love. Front desk was very friendly. Then they offered me comp dinner.... Really? That was NEVER offered! How great was that! Looking forward to the Comp breakfast in the morning.
Then needed info on the town and walking directions and Alexis suggested so much info! Got back from what I needed to do and stopped back at the front desk where Alexis was still working and I think we chatted for an hour about who knows what! What a great personality, she belongs being in the hospitality industry!
Go to find out that the young gentleman that welcomed me was the owner! Are You kidding me?
Great Job to YOU Nolan Watte I give you all the respect and encouragement in the world to take on a property like this! I wish you ALL THE BEST! And just so you know I WILL be back because of your young business skills!
Last of all I want to thank Curtis the Engineer for coming to my room so late to change a light bulb in my bathroom. I couldn't even believe an Engineer was here this late so you know he cares about his job! Looking forward to coming back to the Yakima area on business.

Room Tip: something courtyard poolside if available would be great for families,
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Brent S

Dear Brent,

Wow, Thank you so much for the fantastic review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was so helpful. Our new ownership has been working on making changes at the hotel, you might enjoy the Laugh Lounge Comedy Club that is now open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Thankyou so much to the staff of the Yakima Valley Hotel and conference Center. Nothing but great service, even after we checked out and my kids left an iPod and a pair of shoes behind! Both were promptly
mailed to our home in Seattle. THANK YOU AGAIN!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank juliemP7437AQ

Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our staff. They certainly appreciate it, and we appreciate you. We'll look forward to seeing you next time you visit the area.