“Unsatisfactory”

FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've stayed at this establishment for almost a week, once a year, for eight years. I have now decided never to stay there again as it has declined. Last year was bad but I decided to give it one more year since they, apparently, changed ownership. Specific reasons: 1) When I first arrived for my five night stay decided to take a shower - no body wash, no soap anywhere in the room. Period. That was unacceptable; 2) On day three, when things had slowed down in my life, I noticed small ants crawling all over the bathroom floor and crawling up the bathtub. This tipped the scale into totally unacceptable. I will now find another establishment for my weekly trip to Yakima. I'm sorry to make this decision because the staff themselves are very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Nolan W, General Manager at FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your patronage through the years. Its great to hear from someone who has stayed and stayed again. I would be very sorry to lose your business, please contact me personally to talk about your experience. Either you can email me at nolanwatte@hotmail.com or call 509-248-7850 and ask for Nolan.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have been staying with this hotel for three years and the staff and new management have always been so attentive and more than generous. Very clean and spacious rooms, AMAZING complimentary breakfast and dinner buffet included in everyone's rates. The fact that the new manager not only got both of the pools and the hot tub up this year, but completely renovated them is a huge bonus.. I asked the staff about the security patrol cars cruising by and they hired on 24 hour security for the comfort of there guests!! Besides having the best rates in town with by far the best customer service I have ever experienced.. and get this... they have a comedy club on Friday and Saturday nights now, with half off admission if you show your room key, could not be more perfect.

Room Tip: Try the Shasta Wing
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Victoria G

Thank you so much for your review. Its wonderful to hear about your experience. Come back again soon and enjoy the comedy show, and our great rates.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

First time staying here, and it didn't appear to be in a great part of the neighbor hood, but we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and very friendly staff. The pool areas were great, I don't remember the last time we stayed at a hotel that had a NINE FOOT DEEP swimming pool that you could actually jump into. I would stay here again. Free breakfast/dinner wasn't GREAT, but it was exactly what I expected for free. AC in our room was OK for June, by July/August it may not work very well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Nolan W, General Manager at FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for visiting us, and taking the time to leave a review. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to the Yakima Valley Hotel. That's a great photo of the main pool! We'll definitely look into the AC unit. For more information I would appreciate it if you could contact me at nolanwatte@hotmail.com. Please remember us next time you visit Yakima.

Yakima Valley Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Being part of the Crossfire Club group, I believe we all enjoyed our stay. I was glad we found a place we could all stay. The room was comfortable and very clean. Your front desk people were very friendly and helpful . With your addition of the hot breakfast buffet and dinner buffet was a bonus. I'm staying again with you all next week. And look forward to our group staying with you next year for the Memorial Day weekend. Thanks for your hard work

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda R
Nolan W, General Manager at FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

What a pleasure it was to have the Crossfire stay here. I'm glad you enjoyed the food, and the clean room. We'll look forward to seeing you when your next in the area. Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Over the past seven or eight years I have made repeated business trips to Yakima where I have tried several other hotels but always returned to what is now the Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center. The entire staff has consistently been very friendly and always willing to assist in anything I need during my stays. Now that it has fallen under new management the treatment I have received has even improved beyond that which I lauded.

3  Thank 1exagent
Nolan W, General Manager at FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. As a new business were trying hard to excel in making every experience a good one. Our staff really appreciates your recognition. Your input as someone who's seen the hotel change throughout the years is interesting. Thank you for your long time patronage. We'll look forward to your visit next time your in town.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am glad our convention was held at Yakima Valley Hotel and Conference Center, this past weekend (June 13 & 14, 2014). The free dinner was a surprising bonus! Thank You. We arrived too late for our convention's dinner, so it was great to get something eat (without searching and travelling further) after our 4 hour journey to Yakima. We spent the previous weekend, in Yakima, at a nearby motel. And also visited with another convention group at the Red Lion. Your hotel is definitely a GREAT VALUE! Great room rates with clean and very comfortable rooms and public spaces. You have a friendlier / helpful staff and have the same or more amenities (exercise room, pools & hot tub). The easy access on / off highway is a plus. And you have the perfect size property and accommodations for our convention group's needs. Thank You, again. Darelyn A.

Room Tip: Room 135 - convenient access to parking lot / hotel entrance and pool.
3  Thank Darelyn A

Thank you so much for staying at our establishment and taking the time to leave us a review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed the value of staying at our hotel. We always strive to deliver good food, clean rooms, and the best customer service Yakima has to offer. It was our honor to have your group stay with us, and we'll look forward to seeing you again next year.

Nolan Watte
Yakima Valley Hotel & Conference Center Management.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our baseball team stayed at the Yakima Valley Hotel recently. You can see that the new owners are working hard to spruce up this old place--inside and out. The rooms were very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Our team had a late game on check out day and the staff were very accommodating with a late check out of 4pm. What other hotel does that!!

Although I didn't take part in having dinner at the hotel, they did offer not only a complimentary breakfast but also a complimentary dinner buffet!

If you need a cheap clean place to stay in Yakima, check this place out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deb L
Nolan W, General Manager at FairBridge Inn, Suites and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for your time and patronage. We really appreciate your review. Our sports teams, members and fans alike are very important to us. Good luck to your team, perhaps we'll see you again at the tournament next year.

Yakima Valley Hotel & Conference Center