“Like coming home every night.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Edmonds, Washington
“Like coming home every night.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

In March and April 2011 I had to stay 3-4 nights a week for several weeks. What a great staff this Comfort Suites has. The rooms were clean and all the things you expect from a hotel were taken care of. What makes this place extra special is the warmth of the staff. I was dealing with an ailing mother and then a death. From the breakfast room staff to the front desk, to housekeeping, I felt like I was coming home each night. They asked after mom, they made sure there were warm cookies even if I missed the "cookie time". When reservations needed changed they were able to help and then helped me find accomodations for family members coming in from out of town. I cannot say enough good things about the manager, Donna, and the excellent team at the Yakima Comfort Suites. My sister has to return next week, and she didn't want to stay anywhere but there. I should mention that for one of our trips, the Comfort Suites was full and we had to stay at the Hilton -we all agreed we loved the Comfort Suites and would rather be there because never were our reservations messed up, we had no problems with wireless while there, didn't have to pay extra for a hot breakfast, and loved having a front desk who actually knew our names. We will continue to stay at this great hotel. Thank you Donna and crew!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank travelingal0ng
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
All the staff at Comfort Suites thank you for your review of our hotel.We are so pleased that you felt at home.That is our staffs goal to have our guest comfortable and feel at home.We appreciate you allowing us to serve you and your family.We are looking forward to serving you and your family in the near future.Again thank you for your wonderful comment .I am going to post this for all my staff to see. This will put a big smile on there faces as it did mine.
Comfort Suite Staff
Connie Webb G.M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

My Clumber Spaniel and I went to Yakima, WA to have her bred by Direct Artificial insemination by a local reproduction vet of the sire. While this was a business trip, it could not have been more pleasurable!

For those of you who don't know Clumbers are nottorius for shedding on a normal basis, then she had in the hormones from her season and the brand new summer heat, she was dropping hair like crazy! I was brushing her twice a day. Exceptional and genuine helpfulness from the housekeeping staff. Check-in was a breeze as was check-out.. The pool and hot tub were very clean and much appreciated by me. The full breakfast was enjoyable and varied a bit each day. Even the guests were pleasant to do a little socializing with!

This hotel is easy access to the freeway. Shopping, restruants and a nice park within one-two blocks away. For those of you who have children, this park has a skateboard ramp area. Easy to walk your dog and enjoy the company of others.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank hmcaldwell
All the Comfort Suites staff wish to thank you for your comments.It was truley a pleasure to serve you and your Clumber Spaniel very beautiful dog.We are very glad that you chose Comfort Suite as your location in Yakima to stay.And that your stay was enjoyable.We look forward to serving you again in the future.Thank you ever so much for the wonderful review.My staff will be very happy knowing that they made your stay a good one.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

If you want nicer, bigger and 40 dollars less a night, stay at the ledgestone. If you don't want to hassle the drive and parking for yak attack, this is an easy walk. Hotel is noisy with a small pool. Breakfast was just ok. Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Thank you for your recent stay at Comfort Suites in Yakima and Thank You for your comment as well. We do take these very seriously. We are the closest hotel for the Yak Attack event. Yes, it was noisy with all the excitement of the players and family and I do apologize for that. Our pool is standard size for hotels, and may have seemed small because of the large amount of players and their family that came and stayed. The hotel was filled with excitement that was fantastic to see the guests so excited. 40 dollars less, and 3-4 miles drive distance? Not all hotels have same amenities such as pool or hot breakfast buffet. We are very happy that you enjoyed our clean rooms and that our bedding package was comfortable to you. We hope to serve you again in the near future. Thanks again so much for your stay.
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

I stayed here recently for business, during which time the hotel was booked solid for a local high school tournament. I stay here for business a few times a year and normally the hotel isn't booked solid with high school students. They were able to upgrade at no extra charge me to a room not near all the teams, and I was able to get a great nights sleep. It is also great that the pool and hot tub are open 24 hours and they do have a nice free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
cjaysus, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
Thank you for your stay at Comfort Suites in Yakima this passed weekend.As the General Manager I appreciate you taking time to let us know how we are doing.It was our pleasure to upgrade our loyal guest when we can. I am so very glad you were able to get a great nights rest and to enjoy our pool and spa. We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

Hood River, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

I stay here at least twice a month for business. Always pleasant to work with, breakfast are great and the dining area is alway clean and well stocked. The location is great and quiet only a few minutes to downtown Yakima. My only feedback for their improvement is to upgrade their treadmill and stationary bicycle. As I travel at least twice a month to Yakima I travel to other parts of the northwest as well and keeping fit on the road can be a challenge. The treadmill is of a lower grade and this month the belt was slipping. The stationary bike was not operational and although the lights lit up initially the programming and tension wasn't able to be set. So, if you don't need a workout then this is a top hotel to stay at - but if you need a work out - call 1st make sure the equipment is operational.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
cjaysus, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 16 February 2011
Thank you so much for your response on trip advisor of your stays.We look forward to serving you again in the future. The treadmill and bike are very important to us as well.We will get this r taken care of.
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

Pleasant staff, clean rooms and accomodating. Front desk staff seems always ready to assist.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 23 February 2011
Thank you very much for your stay at Comfort Suites in Yakima.It is a pleasure being able to serve you at our hotel.We hope that your next visit to Yakima that we may have you as our guest again again.

Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

I have stayed here many times while traveling through Central Washington on Sales calls. The people are reasonably freindly, the rooms are nice and clean and quiet, and the breakfast is adequate. It is located in a better part of town than most of the other hotels there (I lived in Yakima for a couple years and stay away from the places on 1st Street) and is especially convenient if you have business in the West Valley (which I do). The price is reasonable. I have never had a problem with anything at this hotel. Also, the internet is fast, there is a modem in each room on the table.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your stay at Comfort Suites in Yakima as well as your comment we very much appreciate feed back from our valued guest. We hope to serve you again in the future when you return for a vist to Yakima.Have a great day