“Large room, easy access, good location”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Seattle, Washington
“Large room, easy access, good location”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Clean and well maintained establishment. Location is perfect for a trip to White Pass or other local attractions. Close to shops and restaurants. Staff members were all nice and friendly. Our room was clean and spacious. Microwave and refrigerator were all clean and worked well. Beds were comfy and room heater worked flawlessly. Indoor pool was good with warm and clean water. Just a few notes though. First, although there is a wall sign asking you to take shower before jumping in the pool, there is no shower booth in the pool area! Second, breakfast is a bit disappointing compared to other Comfort Suites or Inns. No hot bacon or sausage but just sausage gravy. It was yummy but some may prefer regular sausages or bacon strips. A couple of tips. The entrance to the dining area, which serves coffee and hot water all day, has a large standing signboard that almost blocks the doorway. I actually thought the hall was closed. Just go passing the signboard to get what you want. Second, the streets near the hotel, especially the ones leading to downtown, are quite empty and poorly lit at night. Please be sure to drive safely and keep the speed limits. I have seen police officers with radar speed guns lurking in the parking lots by the streets. Overall, it is an excellent and affordable hotel for a trip to Yakima and I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Let me start by thank you for your stay at Comfort Suites in Yakima. And we are looking forward to sreving you in the future. On yout next stay please bring the sauage or bacon to our attention if you do not see it on our hot food items.All our employees want to make our guest stay a great one.

Connie Webb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pomeroy, Washington
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We go thru here a few times a year we are volunteerswith a aging and longterm care group. the staff here all are so friendly and so cheerful it makes you feel very good. The rooms are clean and well cared for. I wish the coffee pots in the rooms made more than one cup at a time because we always share a room. The breakfast is very good and they keep it up and stocked. And of course there is always plenty of coffee there and cookies at the desk.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! It is a pleasure knowing that you and your friend were taken care of by our staff. Our employees take a lot of pride in their work and strive to make all our guests feel right at home!
Thank you so much for choosing our Comfort Inn & Suites for your recent stay, and we can’t wait to have you return!

Connie ~
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2013

This is the third time I stayed at this hotel. It is immaculately clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. My room was perfect, including the jetted tub. If you're in Yakima, stay here, you won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
cjaysus, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Guest,
Let me start by thanking you for the review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our Comfort Suites in Yakima
We are thoroughly pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We strive daily to make sure all of our guests have a satisfying experience.
Again, thanks for taking the time and we look forward to seeing you again!

Have A Great Day
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I travel quite a bit for business and will always stay at this Comfort Suites when I am in Central Washington (Yakima Valley). The staff is wonderful and goes out of their way to make sure their guests' stay is peaceful and worry-free. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The high quality of the bedding makes you want to sleep-in. From Carmen at check-in to Tracy at check out, every effort is made to please. Sharon makes sure the breakfast room is well stocked and the coffee is hot and fresh and makes sure she greets everyone personally. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a quiet, comfortable stay not far from the beaten path.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
I would personally like to thank you for staying at our Comfort Inn & Suites in Yakima! We received your compliments & are pleased that you enjoyed your stay!
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to pass on to our staff members your compliments.
We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Connie
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My siblings and I selected Comfort Suites as our place to stay for a family gathering because of the pool, which was great for the kids. Unfortunately, we all got scammed by some on-line referral source, so when we arrived we did not actually have reservations, and the hotel was almost full. Carmen found us all excellent rooms and charged us the on-line price rather than the higher rate for those specific rooms. The manager, Tracy, worked with us to resolve the scam so that we were not charged twice. I would recommend the hotel because of the professional and personable staff. In addition, the hotel was clean, perfectly located for our needs, and ideal for the kids and adults alike.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for rating our hotel on TripAdvisor! It’s nice to hear that you were pleased not only with our hotel but the staff as well. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! It is a pleasure knowing that you were taken care of by our staff. Our employees take a lot of pride in their work and strive to make all our guests feel right at home!

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We had a very nice stay at the Comfort Suites while in town for a wedding. It was easy to find. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. I forgot my comb and my toothpaste and they had some downstairs for me when I asked, at no charge. Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. My only reason for not giving a 5 rating is that when housekeeping came around we were just packing up to head out. We told them we would be gone in 20 minutes and they never came back to tidy up our room. I have a messy 2 year old so it would have been nice to have a vacuum run and some clean linens delivered. This definitely wouldn't prevent me from staying there again, but it was a little annoying. The wall air conditioner could be a bit noisy when it kicked on, but it was enough to disturb my sleep. The breakfast was simple, but enough for everyone to find something they would like. The fresh waffles were a big hit with my husband. We even hit the pool, which wasn't huge, but there was plenty of space for us to relax a bit and my daughter to get her swimming in.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Carmen at the hotel took very good care of us, helped me locate areas downtown and gave me 2 ways took get there. Room was very clean, put us on top floor so we did not have other patrons bouncing around above us. Breakfast was also included but we slept in. Note a McDonald's was around the corner and another place across the street. You are far enough off the highway and just outside the main part of town too get a good rest. Good place to stay overall.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Let me start by thanking you for the review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our Comfort Suites.
We are thoroughly pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff members have been with us for a number of years, and I can honestly say they love what they do and it is reflected back to our guests.
We look forward to having you, your friends and family stay with us again!

Connie