“Did I stay somewhere else?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Ohio
“Did I stay somewhere else?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

After checking in, I immediately checked TA to make sure the reviewed property was where I stayed and it was. This property is in serious need of refurbishing and looks like a budget hotel. Upholstery on one chair was badly stained, light bulbs on an inexplicable sconce did not match, bathroom grout was cracked and missing, the sink was cracked, and the cheap furnishings had seen better days. Cleanliness was marginal. And a suite where the only place you could sit to watch TV was the bed? Breakfast was served in an unattractive room and of a quality not up to similar hotels. You can do better.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us, all though I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations! You brought up some good points, and let me assure you that your concerns will be forwarded on to our management company.

Sincerely

Connie Webb G.M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was nervous seeking for a hotel for the first time in Yakima for a business trip. Clean and updated hotels are important to me. When I first arrived, the receptionist was very friendly. A good sign. Most of my time was spent out for work. I tried the complimentary breakfast the next day. It could be improved. I've had better at Best Western Plus. The location was great as it was close to work, but it was away from the downtown area. The price could be less for this place.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you and we apperciate your stay with us.

Best Regards,

Kennewick, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

The rooms are clean, the bed is comfortable. We travel a lot so I always ask for a room on the top floor. Being one side to the hotel is on a main street and a clear shot to the freeway, there is noise, so asked for the quiet side. They told me I could not have the quiet side because I had booked a king bed and all kings beds are on the noisy side ??? The hotel was not full, spending two to three months a year for pleasure or business travel, we have always been given a room if space was available, the next week I was given a room on the quiet side, much better, but I had to beg for it. The A/C is one that goes off and on all night so does not help, along with the loud little fridge doing the same. Next week, back to the noise. Breakfast was the usual, everyone is pleasant. BUT, if you want to sleep make sure you pay extra for the queen beds on the quiet side. I have a one year contract, not going back for this reason alone. If I had the queen beds I would be staying there and happy....oh well can't win them all.

Room Tip: Quiet side, but you then have to pay more for two queens, even if you are a single person. If you m...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JimsterandPat
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2013

I want to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced at Comfort Suites. I have looked into this and have spoke with my staff concerning this.I apologize again and I do hope that we can servie you again

Westport, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed here with a group while in Yakima for a baseball tournament. This end of town is supposed to be more safe than downtown, which is a plus. There is a Fred Meyer across the street and a BiMart right next door. A couple of fast food places nearby including a Starbucks (it is in the FM complex though the SB app has it next to motel) and a Taco Bell. The breakfast at the motel was typical and decent. The common areas are clean. The room was fairly clean - looks like they never vacuum the corners or wipe down the back of the bathroom door which makes me wonder how thorough they are with the rest of housekeeping. My biggest complaint, and the reason I probably wouldn't stay there again, was that there is an indoor pool that is open 24 hours. Guess which room we were in? Yes, the one directly above the pool. It was loud all night and had the front desk advised us when checking in I would have asked for another room or not stayed. I never would have guessed that the pool was open 24 hours with rooms above it until I checked pool hours around midnight when the noise hadn't stopped. The staff was pleasant and there is plenty of parking. It is easy to find and the beds were comfortable. If you stay, request a room away from the pool.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the pool unless you plan to be in the pool all night.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ZiggerBean
ZiggerBean,

Thank you for your stay at Comfort Suites. We appreciate your business. Thank you for your review.

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

This hotel is very clean. The rooms are comfortable. The staff is welcoming and helpful. My favorite room was taken but the room they gave me was almost as nice. The breakfast was very good. The exercise equipment was in very good operating condition.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Bob B
We are very happy that you chose ourComfort Suites for your stay. And thank you for your extremely nice review on TripAdvisor!. Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Connie Webb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

The woman at the front desk was very friendly and efficient, and also remembered my name in the morning. The room was spacious, clean enough, and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good, as usual with this chain.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Realiable, comfortable"

Thank you for rating our hotel on TripAdvisor! It’s nice to hear that you were pleased not only with our hotel but the staff as well. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! It is a pleasure knowing that you were taken care of by our staff.We hope to serve you in the near future.

Connie Webb
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

The rooms were OK, not new by any means, the rooms were as clean as they could be just older decor. The front desk staff were very friendly and courteous. But did expect better for 150 + a night. I would look around more before landing here again.

• Stayed May 2013