“I'll be back”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Kirkland, Washington
“I'll be back”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Went for the weekend to watch a baseball game and the first time staying here. Upon arrival, everything was perfect: friendly and helpful front-desk personnel, spacious and exceedingly clean room, and the most comfortable bed. The hotel was quiet and I appreciated the extra effort the person checking me in did to see if I qualified for a AAA discount when I asked; I booked my room online and at time, this option was not mentioned. Well done, Comfort Suites!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank EastsideTraveler
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
"I'll be back,

Thank you for taking time to respond about our staff and rooms. We appreciate all comments so much. It makes our staff very happy to read that our guest were pleased with their stay. We hope to serve you again on your next visit to Yakima.

Connie Webb G.M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bellevue, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I used Trip Advisor's ratings to select this lodging in the first place, and found previous occupants' evaluations to be accurate: comfortable room with a very pleasant and useful seating area in addition, clean and updated facilities, and a pleasant, helpful staff. Although its breakfast offering was listed as "continental-style," to my wife and my pleasant surprise it also turned out to offer eggs and waffles in addition to cereal, yogurt, juices, milk, etc. This probably saved us $15-$20 for not having to go elsewhere for breakfast.

Recommended!

Room Tip: Occupancy did not seem to be a problem and, while it is located on a thoroughfare, it is not busy in...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg C
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Greg C
Thank you for taking your time to post a review on Trip Advisor.And thank you for checking our rating with other guest. Staff and manager are all very happy that your stay was a good experience for you and your wife, We hope to serve you again in the near future.I am very pleased that you both enjoyed out breakfast.

Pasco, Washington
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The price was good as I stayed at a family and friends rate - due to I was a GM of a choice hotel before. I was there for funeral services, so I was just looking for somewhere to lay my head as I knew the days would be busy. From the time you got up to the time you went to sleep, you could always here people. The lobby had music playing all night and where my room was I could hear it all night long. There where people you could hear that had obviously been drinking. But like I said I had a low rate and wasn't there to relax, so didn't have time to complain. When I checked in I was told my card had declined for 1 night so I gave her my debt card. As soon as I got to the room I checked it and there was an authorization for the night pending. I called the front desk and she told me to come down in the morning and talk to the assistant manager. I had funeral services in the morning and knew there was nothing they could do on a Saturday so I left it alone. One week later the charge is still showing.. I called my credit card company and they advised me to call the hotel and have them call and the charges would be removed. The hotel refused to call and asked me to wait 3 more days... Why would they care it is not their $ they are tying up. As I stated I was a general Manager and it takes about 5 minutes of their time to call and have charges removed, but I guess customer services is not one their top priorities!! So if your looking for customer service and a quiet hotel.. This is NOT your hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Christina D
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank you for taking your time to comment on Trip Advisor .All comments are taken very serious by our hotel. Being a Choice Hotel G.M you also know if there is an issue staff need to know so we can make your stay a pleasant one.After you check out we can not fix the problem. At this property we do need a active credit card or debit card at check in and be .able to authorize for one nights stay. Your credit card declined and desk agent request a different card. You gave desk agent a debit card and it was authorized as should be. Debit bank cards can hold funds for up to 15 days. I will be glad to help you get funds released if not released by Feb 3 Monday. Please call me if there is still a hold. It really does not matter what rate you were in at you were one of our guest we care about your stay.We do care.

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Due to unexpected trailer axle problems we were stranded in Yakima for 2 nights. Tracy at the front desk was very helpful with suggestions for restaurants/shopping/directions. Tracy and management very understanding, allowing late check out and options for 2nd night's stay. Breakfast was very good, especially impressed with the quality because occupancy was lower the first night we were there so not a big crowd for breakfast. Breakfast good for few or many. The room was very comfortable, especailly appreciated since we were "hanging out" waiting for repair parts from Seattle to arrive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy B
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
"unexpected stay"

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. Our goal is, to make all our guests feel special at our Comfort Suites. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay even under the circumstances with your boat axel. Thank you for comment about Tracy and the rest of our staff, it really just makes there day. We hope to have you stay again under more pleasant circumstances.
Tonasket, Washington
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Great place to stay, stayed again and found crisp fresh & clean. Fri/Sat had scratch made biscuits with gravy and scrambles and fresh OJ for breakfast--saving a stop and money. So enjoyed the king suite with hot tub in the room @ great price. Very quiet easy to sleep. Right off freeway near Fred Meyers, Bi-mart, Shari's & fancy restaurant. All staff welcoming, Cookies baking around 5:30 pm. Fireplace in lobby going on stormy freezing nite with pool & hot tub 24hrs. Business/visiting On our list for next time-- no need to look further for ~85.00/2 people.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tree K
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our Comfort Suites.
We are thoroughly pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff members for the most part have been with us for a number of years, and I can honestly say they love what they do and it is reflected back to our guests.
We hope serve you in your future visits to Yakima.

Oklahoma!
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was a good hotel at a good price. I have no complaints, but nothing incredible to say either. It was clean, and the staff was nice. The breakfast was good and the bed was comfortable. My stay was well worth the price and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
cjaysus, Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Next Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to commint on Trip Advisor about your stay. All commints are are appreciated it helps us to serve you and our future guests as well.

Bigfork, Montana
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The breakfast is great and the cookies a wonderful snack. The people go out of their way to make sure your stay is comfortable and the rooms are kept in top shape. The page says I need to have 200 chaacters so this is just added to add more characters because there is not much to say when your stay is comfortable with out any problems. By the way I was here for 8 nights.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites Yakima, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Bill G
Let me start by thanking you for the review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our Comfort Suites.
We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Connie G.M