“Definitely no loyalty to customers”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Portland, Oregon
“Definitely no loyalty to customers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stay at this hotel at least a couple of times a year because of it's location. It is the only hotel on this end of town and my family lives near here. We visit several times a year and stay at the hotel when visiting. We joined their 'loyalty' program. However there seems to be NO loyalty provided. We just made a reservation for Mother's Day weekend. They require 14 DAYS cancellation and increased the price of the standard room we usually rent by almost 50%. We have no choice but to stay here. But it leaves a bad taste in our mouth.
It's clean the people are nice. The management ... let's just say I'd go elsewhere if I had a choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luanne S
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Loyalty
Thank you for your review,there is a 14 day cancel for large groups. I can assure you your regular cancelation applies to you. You are a valuable customer to us and we want to make staying with us enjoyable. Please contact me at the Comfort Suites so I can help with this reservation. Your loyalty is very important to us.

Connie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Newberg, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

This room was reserved by the company I was working for at an event over the weekend. I was exhausted when I arrived after a VERY long day of work and probably not in the best of moods. When I walked in I was greeted by Dan. WONDERFUL customer service from this man! I stated who I was and he already had my room key ready to go!I had forgotten a lint brush and was in desperate need of one. I didn't really think that they would actually have one but, Dan was asked and instead of just saying no they didn't because he was unsure he asked me if I would mind waiting while he checked for me.....WOW! most people just say no and leave it at that but, not Dan....he went and double checked for me and to my surprise had one! The beds were VERY comfortable ,the rooms are nice, clean and very comfortable. The staff is A+++ and truly made you feel at home and welcomed. When I checked out early the next morning Dan had said " I hope you have a great day and don't work to hard" Thanks Dan!!I

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about Dan. It is so good to hear that Dan make your check in as easy as possiable.And it is awesome that you would take your time to let us know how your stay was at Comfort Suites.
We look forward to serving you if your travel plans brings you our way again.

Connie
Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Pleasant reception staff, clean room with new mattress & topper. Wifi is average speed. Extra electrical outlets were provided at the room's desk, which was an unexpected surprise. Enjoyable one night stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Clean & Quiet

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We like to know how we are doing with our service to our guest. We hope to serve you again when visiting Yakima.

Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Went for the weekend to watch a baseball game and the first time staying here. Upon arrival, everything was perfect: friendly and helpful front-desk personnel, spacious and exceedingly clean room, and the most comfortable bed. The hotel was quiet and I appreciated the extra effort the person checking me in did to see if I qualified for a AAA discount when I asked; I booked my room online and at time, this option was not mentioned. Well done, Comfort Suites!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank EastsideTraveler
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
"I'll be back,

Thank you for taking time to respond about our staff and rooms. We appreciate all comments so much. It makes our staff very happy to read that our guest were pleased with their stay. We hope to serve you again on your next visit to Yakima.

Bellevue, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I used Trip Advisor's ratings to select this lodging in the first place, and found previous occupants' evaluations to be accurate: comfortable room with a very pleasant and useful seating area in addition, clean and updated facilities, and a pleasant, helpful staff. Although its breakfast offering was listed as "continental-style," to my wife and my pleasant surprise it also turned out to offer eggs and waffles in addition to cereal, yogurt, juices, milk, etc. This probably saved us $15-$20 for not having to go elsewhere for breakfast.

Recommended!

Room Tip: Occupancy did not seem to be a problem and, while it is located on a thoroughfare, it is not busy in...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg C
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Greg C
Thank you for taking your time to post a review on Trip Advisor.And thank you for checking our rating with other guest. Staff and manager are all very happy that your stay was a good experience for you and your wife, We hope to serve you again in the near future.I am very pleased that you both enjoyed out breakfast.

Pasco, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

The price was good as I stayed at a family and friends rate - due to I was a GM of a choice hotel before. I was there for funeral services, so I was just looking for somewhere to lay my head as I knew the days would be busy. From the time you got up to the time you went to sleep, you could always here people. The lobby had music playing all night and where my room was I could hear it all night long. There where people you could hear that had obviously been drinking. But like I said I had a low rate and wasn't there to relax, so didn't have time to complain. When I checked in I was told my card had declined for 1 night so I gave her my debt card. As soon as I got to the room I checked it and there was an authorization for the night pending. I called the front desk and she told me to come down in the morning and talk to the assistant manager. I had funeral services in the morning and knew there was nothing they could do on a Saturday so I left it alone. One week later the charge is still showing.. I called my credit card company and they advised me to call the hotel and have them call and the charges would be removed. The hotel refused to call and asked me to wait 3 more days... Why would they care it is not their $ they are tying up. As I stated I was a general Manager and it takes about 5 minutes of their time to call and have charges removed, but I guess customer services is not one their top priorities!! So if your looking for customer service and a quiet hotel.. This is NOT your hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Christina D
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank you for taking your time to comment on Trip Advisor .All comments are taken very serious by our hotel. Being a Choice Hotel G.M you also know if there is an issue staff need to know so we can make your stay a pleasant one.After you check out we can not fix the problem. At this property we do need a active credit card or debit card at check in and be .able to authorize for one nights stay. Your credit card declined and desk agent request a different card. You gave desk agent a debit card and it was authorized as should be. Debit bank cards can hold funds for up to 15 days. I will be glad to help you get funds released if not released by Feb 3 Monday. Please call me if there is still a hold. It really does not matter what rate you were in at you were one of our guest we care about your stay.We do care.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Due to unexpected trailer axle problems we were stranded in Yakima for 2 nights. Tracy at the front desk was very helpful with suggestions for restaurants/shopping/directions. Tracy and management very understanding, allowing late check out and options for 2nd night's stay. Breakfast was very good, especially impressed with the quality because occupancy was lower the first night we were there so not a big crowd for breakfast. Breakfast good for few or many. The room was very comfortable, especailly appreciated since we were "hanging out" waiting for repair parts from Seattle to arrive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy B
cjaysus, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
"unexpected stay"

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. Our goal is, to make all our guests feel special at our Comfort Suites. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay even under the circumstances with your boat axel. Thank you for comment about Tracy and the rest of our staff, it really just makes there day. We hope to have you stay again under more pleasant circumstances.