“Comfrot Suites, Indeed Comfortable”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Seattle
“Comfrot Suites, Indeed Comfortable”
Reviewed 24 March 2009

My stay at the comfort suites was great. At check in i was greeted by a very friendly desk clerk, and offered delicious cookies. After a long day drive i just wanted to eat dinner and go to bed. There are plenty of restaurants around so i walked to grab my dinner. The beds are AWESOME, they are by far the most comfortable beds i have stayed in. Overall this is a great hotel. All the desk clerks, and breakfast attendant make you feel so welcomed. I will absolutely stay here everytime i come into Yakima.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
George wa
Reviewed 20 March 2009

My family and i had the best stay there at the comfort suites,the staff was great and my grandkids were in heaven with the pool. Shopping within walking distance was great.The breakfast was wonderful and filling.

1 Thank davids6t7
wearytraveler882009
Reviewed 27 February 2009

I travel quite often for business. I am always looking for hotels that are comfortable and in convenient locations.
First I was greeted by a very friendly desk staff. It took no time to check me in. She then told me the stuff they provide at the hotel like the 24hr fitness room and pool and hot tub. That is a great thing when you have sore muscles from driving. Then I went to my room. The room was plush and spacious. While doing my work on the free fast internet I smelled something DELICIOUS! Cookies...every evening...fresh baked!!! YUM!! The bed...WOW!! What can I say about the bed...I haven't slept that well on the road in a long time. It was a quiet hotel even though they were quite full. after a great nights sleep I went down for breakfast. They had everything a person could want. I love the waffles. It was so easy to get checked out. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants fresh baked cookies, comfortable beds, great breakfast, and friendly and knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Mukilteo, WA
Reviewed 29 November 2008

This hotel has become completely non-smoking, but they accept pets now. Our kids are allergic to dogs and cats, and when I made the reservation online, a "non-pet" room was not offered, so I had to call to request. If you want a room where no pets have been, you are limited to the ground floor; pets are allowed in all rooms on all upper floors. (This seemed odd to us -- are there really that many pets traveling with families? At any rate, shouldnt people be asked their preference, as we used to be with smoking?)

Our room was not cleaned well. When we arrived, the bedside lamps would not turn on; they had been unplugged. So I pulled back the lightweight table to plug them in, and found potato chips, sunflower seeds and a card key. (Would have taken 20 seconds for maid to do this and vacuum under there.) Found little scraps of paper on the floor and under bed. Bulb in bathroom burned out, black mold on wallpaper above shower.

Complimentary breakfast was okay; lots of starchy stuff. Room was quiet.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
cjaysus, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 27 February 2009
We apoligize for any inconvenience to you.We do have rooms for pets and sometime other guest do not tell the staff at check in that they have a pet.We do had pet policies.Thank You for your responce.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 17 August 2008

Certainly Yakima has little to offer by way of tourism, and the hotel selection is meager to begin with. The relatively better reviewed hotels were booked on the night of my one-night stop, so settled in at Comfort Suites.

It was a serviceable hotel if you simply need a place to sleep. Clean room, polite staff, comfortable beds, and a few cable channels. There is a Fred Meyer and Starbucks a short walk away.

Otherwise wholly unremarkable, and rather a stretch from what serves as Yakima's hub of activity. Other hotels are better sited to the neighborhood where there are several restaurants, bars and so on.

It's the sort of place I find a little depressing, in its sterile standardized and cheap style, as well as its isolation. But, if you just need a place to sleep, you could do worse.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
seattle
Reviewed 23 April 2008

We enjoyed our one night stay at the Comfort Suites in Yakima. The hotel is completely non-smoking, which was a plus for us non-smokers. The hotels location though not in downtown Yakima, was convenient and easy to find. It is located near a Fred Meyer, which has a Starbucks in it, and there are many others stores close by.
Our room was located at the back side of the hotel away from the street. It was clean and spacious. The walls were solid enough that we did not hear any noise from the guests on either side of us. Everything worked in the room...plenty of hot water for showers, good free interenet connection. The free breakfast was great, with a wide variety of items including eggs, sausage, and waffles. The indoor pool though not very big, was nice especially since it was too cold to swim in an outside pool. The staff was friendly and efficient. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2008
1 Thank micki4
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 29 February 2008

We just returned from a trip to the Comfort Suites in Yakima. I looked online for the best price and then called the hotel and got an extra $10.00 off by asking about an AARP discount. The front desk was extra helpful when we forgot toothpaste and a toothbrush. They also gave us door to door directions to the Olive Garden. The best thing about our stay was :
1. Free Parking
2. Free wireless internet
3. All rooms are mini-suites
4. Bed was really comfortable, pillows too!
5. 24 hour swimming pool, jacuzzi and workout room (Who does that anyway?)
6. Warm cookies at 5:00 everyday not just chocolate chips but peanut butter and carnival cookies too.
7. Great breakfast in the morning serving from 7-10AM. We had waffles, cereal, breads, yogurt, juices, fruit and also a special breakfast item everyday. (We had biscuits and gravy one day and scrambled eggs with sausages the next.
8. They also accept pets.
9. No Smoking Hotel
10. I can't say enough wonderful things about the staff.
We also liked this property because it was really easy to find (It was right off the Interstate) and there was no road noise!! A definite plus when you are a light sleeper.

• Liked — The 24HR Pool and Fitness Room
  • Disliked — Rooms could be larger
  • Stayed February 2008